Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    The reason is that steroids are much more effective on women than they are on men. That's why East Germany (or China in the 90s) had utterly dominant women's athletics/swimming teams but were way less impressive on the men's side. Also you'll notice that the women's world records are much older and way harder to break for modern athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    The reason is that steroids are much more effective on women than they are on men. That's why East Germany (or China in the 90s) had utterly dominant women's athletics/swimming teams but were way less impressive on the men's side. Also you'll notice that the women's world records are much older and way harder to break for modern athletes.
    It still amazes me that despite all of the advances in training and performance-enhancing drugs since the 1980s, none of the women's world records from the 80s have even been touched. No one has even been all that close in the 100, 200, or 400, and very few have gotten close in the 100 hurdles and the 800. I don't think anyone will ever touch Marita Koch's world record in the 400, but I thought that the records in the 100 and 200 would have been seriously challenged by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    If it were still possible to turn women into Hulk without steroids being detected, China would continue doing it today. The reason why those old East German records cannot be broken is that doping detection is now infinitely more effective.

Anyway, do you know for a fact that our women athletes are successful because they are doped? Or can you make an analysis about them using criteria like poths suggested and make an intelligent case? Actually, can you even name more than a few of them?

If not, I think you shouldn't make any assumptions just because they have been more internationally successful than their male colleagues. For you they are just a statistics, but for me they are real people. I hope you can put yourself in my place, reverse your argument to target your country's entire team and realise how this might slightly get on my nerves.

A sample of two is not enough to draw any conclusions on
    Our women's voleyball and basketball teams who have qualified for the Olympics are not just "a sample of two", but rather 100% of the teams we have qualified for any team sport since the Rome Olympics in 1960. Just thought I'd share this with the people I know here.

I mentioned them to show that if women are more successful in their field than men are in theirs, it doesn't necessarily mean that the women are on testosterone. Sometimes it just happens!

vCash
    Women athletes are expected to do well from western countries and countries from far east etc since certain countries don't encorage women sports. So to fill the quota positions, athletes from western countries fill in. Even countries like India have predominantly a team comprised of male team. so to fill the quota position team from far east (china etc) will have a larger women's team and are more likely to win medal. Another example is Russian wrestling team, they have such a strong men's team yet their women are good yet not comparable to men's team in performance. The reason is that the wrestlers mostly come predominantly Muslim republics, wrestling is considered a macho sports and women are not encouraged to compete. On the other hand japanese women's wrestling team, they are usually team to beat yet their men's team have hard time medalling. How teams perform between men and women are much more complex, and not necessarly a sign of doping.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Robert Fazekas, Hungarian discus thrower who had his gold medal from Athens taken away for a doping offence, has tested positive and is out of the Olympics. He is now coached by Adrian Annus who was also stripped of a gold medal in Athens after probably using an elaborate device to provide "clean" urine to the testers.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...itive-steroids

As has Nordine Gezzar, a French 3000m steeplechaser.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...3xW_story.html

Which kind of just goes to show that once a dope fiend always a dope fiend.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Anyway, do you know for a fact that our women athletes are successful because they are doped? Or can you make an analysis about them using criteria like poths suggested and make an intelligent case? Actually, can you even name more than a few of them?
    I have not made any claims about individual Turkish athletes because I have no proof. I just pointed out that -in the context of this thread- too much joy in the relative overperformance of the female part of a team should probably be held back. I apologize if this offended you feelings. And yes, I actually can put myself in your place...being part-Russian and actually rooting for many Russian athletes it is impossible to ignore the very arguments I brought up before.

vCash
    Crystal Cox has officially lost the relay gold medal from 2004 Olympics, and IOC has said that it is up to IAAF to decide what to do with the relay gold medal, whether to strip US of the gold medal or allow them to keep the gold medal. IOC also did not decide to do anything with Tyler Hamiton's gold medal from 2004, they are still waiting more information from USADA. :roll eyes:

Though IOC did strip US 2000 olympic team of the relay gold medal and have given the gold medal to Nigeria ... IOC did also confirm that few more athletes have tested positive (at least the A sample ) and IOC is waiting for their B sample results before making the announcement on the athletes deemed to have failed the test from 2004 Olympics.

The IOC took no immediate action Saturday on the suspicious results uncovered during recent retesting of samples from the Athens Games eight years ago. IOC medical commission chairman Arne Ljungqvist told the AP this week that he is investigating up to five possible positive results.

The backup "B`` samples haven`t yet been tested, and the athletes and sports that produced the adverse results haven`t been disclosed. If positive cases are confirmed, the IOC could retroactively disqualify athletes, nullify results and strip medals.
    Source : http://zeenews.india.com/sports/lond...al_745965.html

vCash
    8 years too late...how long does it take to get A and B samples??

vCash
    The two samples are taken at the time of the competition, but they keep them for years because the testing has become better and more sensitive.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    I have a wish list for the olympics. It's not a wish for gold. But a wish that the obvious drug cheats are caught out. Somehow. Said list includes
    Vania Stambolova
    Carmelita Jeter
    Cakir
    Yanit Nevin
    Selsouli
    Kaniskina
    Kellie Wells

I'm quite happy with the men's side of things, aside from the Russian Walkers...but you can't have it everyway.
    They just caught Selsouli!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/news/...rugs-positive/

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    8 years too late...how long does it take to get A and B samples??
    8 years from the end of the event is the deadline to start the proceeding to strip the medal. So, they can start the process now and the outcome may not be reached for another 4 years.

vCash
    Just read an article about Lashawn Meritt (aka Mr.Penis Enlargement ), He now wants to act in a movie (or a sitcom). I wonder want kind of movie, straight or gay ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...wtW_story.html

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Lukaz Klekot (POL - Modern Pentathlon) has tested positive for Melhylhexaneemine.

He'll be replaced by Arthur Lanigan-O'Keeffe (IRL).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Just read an article about Lashawn Meritt (aka Mr.Penis Enlargement ), He now wants to act in a movie (or a sitcom). I wonder want kind of movie, straight or gay ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...wtW_story.html
    Believe me...straight, straight and straight again.
    Kyle

vCash
    So many are getting pushed out even before the Games start. I wonder how many will be removed from the Games in London? Good on the drug testers, though.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Oh you should. If only to see people called Crystal Cox and Destinee Hooker.
    Freddy, I am so sorry to tell you this but.... Destinee is no longer in athletics!

Instead she is one of the USAs MVPs in Volleyball and will be in London representing in that sport.

In related news, and how I haven;t shared this with you before I don't know...
    Marshavet, her sister, is pregnant and will miss London where she would have been one of the favourites to medal in the 100m and 200m.

Now you May have noticed that despite getting married last summer, Marshavet Myers (her married name) quickly reverted to Marshavet Hooker by October.

It gets very Jeremy Kyle at this point, so...the father seems to be Willis Magahee ....and man, the juice on him:

This is from 2010, when Willis was dating Kandi Burress
    Kandi Burress’ new boyfriend, Baltimore Ravens star Willis McGahee, has been the subject of various rumors since it was reported that he would be joining the singer and reality star on The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

In short, Media Take Out basically tried to say he was living with his baby mama. However, another blog has reported that it’s received two emails from people saying the site got it’s info wrong.

They say he’s a deadbeat dad.

Here’s one of the emails sent to The Jasmine Brand:

“I read your blog that referenced Ravens player, Willis McGahee, and I just wanted 2 tell u anonymously that Willis has 7 kids, as well as 7 baby mamas. That’s what “a lot of kids is”. He’s flying to Atlanta and won’t come see his own children. He is the true definition of a dead beat father. Media Take Out has their story wrong. He does have a 5 week old baby, but he doesn’t live with that child’s mother. Willis also has a young daughter with his baby mama, Tiffany, that happens to be a lesbian. While he played for the Buffalo Bills, he also had another daughter.”

As it turns out, in 2008 he was subject to three separate paternity suits:

Jan. 7–Father knows best? A third paternity suit was filed against Willis McGahee, 25, Buffalo Bills running back and former University of Miami Hurricane. Keisha Walls, 27, an elementary school teacher, says McGahee is the father of son Kai Walls, born April 19, 2006.

Chiniqua Smith, 26, also a teacher, says McGahee is the father of Willis McGahee IV, born Jan. 6, 2006. Dorothy Doretha McNeil, 29, sued McGahee in 2005, saying he fathered daughter Bria McGahee, born Jan. 17 of that year. In the cases of Smith and McNeil, McGahee has been declared the biological father and is paying support. “He’s an honorable person,” says McGahee’s attorney, Howard Rudolph.
    http://blogs.bet.com/celebrities/ent...-deadbeat-dad/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Lukaz Klekot (POL - Modern Pentathlon) has tested positive for Melhylhexaneemine.

He'll be replaced by Arthur Lanigan-O'Keeffe (IRL).
    nice nod to the 1920s with that name, Arthur!

vCash
    Sorry for off topic, but Destinee Hooker sounds like a name for a Bond girl, lol...and Crystal Cox too...

vCash
    I remember how low many though Shirley Babishoff was for calling out the East Germans who beat her in the pool. What is depressing is that this is still a problem (especially on the track) all of these years later. My question is how can someone who is so obviously cheating (Pharmalita) pass the tests?

poths -- I think you should be on the committee who oversees these tests.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast