Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash

Debbie (& Others) Get Dunn For Doping

US Olympian Dunn has positive drug test

Debbie Dunn, who made the 2012 U.S. Olympic team in the pool of runners for the 4 x 400-meter relay, tested positive for the likely presence of an anabolic steroid at the 2012 U.S. Olympic trials in Eugene, Ore.

Dunn, 34, of Norfolk, Va., finished fourth in the 400 meters at the trials. She was the 2010 indoor world champion and outdoor U.S. champion in the event and ran a leg of the gold medal 4 x 400 relays at the 2009 outdoor worlds and 2010 indoor worlds.
    One down!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    She won't be the last though I'm sure other dopey Olympics won't have quite the name Debbie Dunne. Poor cow doesn't even get to do the Debbie Dallas in the Olympic village.

vCash
    I wish the USOC would have the top 30 seeded athletes in each of the sports where doping is more common tested two weeks or so before the Olympic Trials as well as at the Trials themselves. Perhaps that would get some of the dirty athletes out of the game early enough so that their replacements can be named before the roster is finalized. In Dunn's case, the deadline for rosters has already passed, so an athlete that might have had an Olympic opportunity will probably not get one.

vCash
    most teams also announce reserve athletes in the event, hence I don't think anyone else is going to lose out on because of this positive drug test. I am sure USATF and USOC has named plenty of reserve athletes as well.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Will they ever learn? Sigh...
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Two year ban isn't enough. It should be four years. For a start.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I agree.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    most teams also announce reserve athletes in the event, hence I don't think anyone else is going to lose out on because of this positive drug test. I am sure USATF and USOC has named plenty of reserve athletes as well.
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-organizations

says they aren't sure if she can be replaced given that the USOC deadline has passed. There are certainly runners on the team who can sub in for her, but I'm sorry that someone else may have lost an opportunity to be on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-organizations

says they aren't sure if she can be replaced given that the USOC deadline has passed. There are certainly runners on the team who can sub in for her, but I'm sorry that someone else may have lost an opportunity to be on the team.
    When Jessica Hardy failed her drug test after the deadline in 2008, the U.S. was not able to add the swimmer who had finished third at the Trials (Tara Kirk) to the team.

vCash
    The team was already set for the 4x400 relay. Diamond Dixon was 5th and already on the team for the relay.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I think they can't add any new athletes from the reserve list because of doping offence, and resin for this change is not an injury. Remember how US has named 5 athletes and 3 reserves for gymnastics, yet IOC and FIG officially allows only 5 athletes and 1 reserve. So, if the above rule was applicable for injury as well there is no point in bringing additional athletes when they can't be changed in case on an injury. In the case of US gymnastics USOC will have to pay for their hotel etc, and these additional athletes can't stay in olympic village.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    What are these people thinking? That's all I want to know. Just, what?
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I think they can't add any new athletes from the reserve list because of doping offence, and resin for this change is not an injury. Remember how US has named 5 athletes and 3 reserves for gymnastics, yet IOC and FIG officially allows only 5 athletes and 1 reserve. So, if the above rule was applicable for injury as well there is no point in bringing additional athletes when they can't be changed in case on an injury. In the case of US gymnastics USOC will have to pay for their hotel etc, and these additional athletes can't stay in olympic village.
    The IOC actually does not allow for any reserves in gymnastics at the Olympics. No alternates are accredited or considered part of the Olympic team. USA Gymnastics pays for the training and lodging of the alternates at the Olympics (the women's alternates won't even be in London, they'll be in Birmingham).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I think it should be life.

Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    What are these people thinking? That's all I want to know. Just, what?
    They're thinking they want to win at all costs, and that they won't get caught.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    I think it should be life.
    I can understand that point of view, but I think people should be allowed a second chance. Four years would at least take them out of one Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    The team was already set for the 4x400 relay. Diamond Dixon was 5th and already on the team for the relay.
    The team are well covered since they can use ANY athlete already on the Olympic roster. Since Allyson Felix is guaranteed a slot, Dunn was never going to run the final anyway. Add to that Lashinda Demus, the world 400m champ, Jeneba Tarmoh who has run the 4x4 at NCAA level a gazillion times and you have the heats and finals well covered.

I have so much to say when it comes to track and field .....need to get some time to write.

Since this is essentially a drugs thread.
    1) Apparently back dated test of Athens' Olympics samples have only NOW revealed drugs cheats to be named and stripped after London. We know Crystal Cox is one of them, this means Sanya, Allison, Henderson, Robinson and HENNEGAN may lose their 4x4 gold since cox ran in the heat. Feel sorry for Hennegan who just lost a court battle to keep her 4x4 Gold from Sydney because of Marion Jones. Hennegan will lose both of her Gold medals because of her drug fueled team mates. ...I am praying Nesterenko is one of the others!

2) Cakir and Selsoulli running 3.56 for the 1500m makes me want to tear out my eyes. Both served bans for steroids, Selsouli only back a wet day and runs 6 seconds faster than when she was on drugs!!!! Cakir, 7 seconds faster than when she was on drugs too. Sad thing is, these girls have timed their cycles, no in competition testing at the games will catch them. They needed to be tested during the winter. That women;s 1500m is going to be a veritable who's who of drug cheats with Tomashova and Dehiba also in the mix! PUKE

3)Pharmelita Cheater - HOW? Seriously how can the most obvious drug cheat since Flo Jo still avoid the drug tests. The poor American girls who run in the relay with her. They'll all be stripped when biological passports come into better effect.

3) Also, I liked Kellie Wells, USA hurdler....then she spoke at the London GP, sounded like a man, had acne and said she wanted to thank her coach whom she trusts with all her heart. That coach is Dennis Mitchell...a drug cheat. Who is married to Damu Cherry, a drug cheat. So Kelly is coached by a drug cheat, trains with a drug cheat....fcking quack quack!

4) String of Nigerians busted recently at their national championships. No big names but a couple of big improvers, two 51 400m girls who are based in USA and just switched allegiance this year.

5) Hungarian Hammer thrower Fazekas banned for life. Hoorah!

I have a wish list for the olympics. It's not a wish for gold. But a wish that the obvious drug cheats are caught out. Somehow. Said list includes
    Vania Stambolova
    Carmelita Jeter
    Cakir
    Yanit Nevin
    Selsouli
    Kaniskina
    Kellie Wells

I'm quite happy with the men's side of things, aside from the Russian Walkers...but you can't have it everyway.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post

2) Cakir and Selsoulli running 3.56 for the 1500m makes me want to tear out my eyes. Both served bans for steroids, Selsouli only back a wet day and runs 6 seconds faster than when she was on drugs!!!! Cakir, 7 seconds faster than when she was on drugs too. Sad thing is, these girls have timed their cycles, no in competition testing at the games will catch them. They needed to be tested during the winter. That women;s 1500m is going to be a veritable who's who of drug cheats with Tomashova and Dehiba also in the mix! PUKE
    How people can come back from a drugs ban and run faster than before it is a neverending fascination in pure shamelessness.

It's awful to point a finger at one country, but Turkey's athletics programme, between "buying" in East African runners (and changing their names to something vaguely Turkish sounding ) and chemical enhancement, just screams dodgy.

vCash
    Another obvious example would be Discus Thrower Pichalnikova who came out of a ban last year and this year improved her PB by 5(!) metres to the best in something like 20 years. Frankly, the disparity between men's and women's results in the Russian & Ukrainian teams is quite reminiscent of GDR.

vCash
    3)Pharmelita Cheater
    This had me PMLing for a good 5 minutes

vCash

3)Pharmelita Cheater - HOW? Seriously how can the most obvious drug cheat since Flo Jo still avoid the drug tests. The poor American girls who run in the relay with her. They'll all be stripped when biological passports come into better effect.
    I didn't know who this was (I only follow T&F during the Olympics) so I googled her and oh boy....she looks like man! Definitely a cheater. It's so obvious!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast