View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kovarikova & Novotny

91 59.87%
  • Kazakova & Dmitriev

12 7.89%
  • Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze

4 2.63%
  • Shen & Zhao

1 0.66%
  • Totmianina & Marinin

9 5.92%
  • Pang & Tong

34 22.37%
  • Savchenko & Szolkowy

1 0.66%
    Prick Admin
    vCash

Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Pairs ROUND 6

You came and you gave without taking, but we sent you away. Oh Mandy (& Ingo)....

Round 6 is only going to last two days so get your votes in quick!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Kovarikova & Novotny were a really sweet pair but I'll vote for them now.

vCash
    Pang & Tong. They skate with emotion and chemistry, but they dont have amazing choreography or programs, they are sloppy as heck, their consistency is horrible, and they dont have the technical power or quality in the big tricks of other Chinese pairs like Shen & Zhou and the much maligned Zhangs, or even Sui & Han. They also werent that huge a force most of their careers. They were dominated by the Zhangs the 2005-2009 period, they were never competitive with Shen & Zhou, and they have 0 head to head wins over Shen & Zhou or Totmianina & Marinin, and they usually needed mistakes by the Zhangs, Petrova & Tikhonov, or Savchenko & Szolkowy to have a hope of beating them.

I know Kovarikova & Novotny will go this round but it should be Pang & Tong. Kovarikova & Novotny skated in a much tougher pairs era and their artistry and polish is so much better.

vCash
    I disagree about Pang & Tong. IMO their 2010 Olympic programs were amazing, and choreographically comparable to anything Totmianina & Marinin did, although T&M are overall a superior pair. They may not have the technical power of S&Z and Z&Z, but their throws and twists are still bigger than those of most other pairs.

Even if the Zhangs dominated P&T from 2005-2009, they shouldn't have. The Zhangs were usually overmarked throughout that era. Pang & Tong were at a disadvantage to Petrova & Tikhonov from 04-05 and 05-06, true. But Pang & Tong in 09-10 were far stronger than Petrova & Tikhonov ever were.
    Last edited by shady82; 07-14-2012 at 02:34 AM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Pang & Tong. I can still remember Kovarikova & Novotny's choreography that I haven't watched on youtube in several years better than I can remember Pang & Tong's from this year or last. And I feel like they haven't rotated a clean sbs triple since 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shady82 View Post
    I disagree about Pang & Tong. IMO their 2010 Olympic programs were amazing, and choreographically comparable to anything Totmianina & Marinin did, although T&M are overall a superior pair. They may have the technical power of S&Z and Z&Z, but their throws and twists are still bigger than those of most other pairs.

Even if the Zhangs dominated P&T from 2005-2009, they shouldn't have. The Zhangs were usually overmarked throughout that era. Pang & Tong were at a disadvantage to Petrova & Tikhonov from 04-05 and 05-06, true. But Pang & Tong in 09-10 were far stronger than Petrova & Tikhonov ever were.
    I agree about the Zhangs. I think the Olympic podium in '06 should have been T&M, S&Z, then P&T, with no Zhangs on the podium at all obviously. I think they sort of got the sympathy vote for her huge fall on the quad throw.

Btw, voting for Kovarikova and Novotny.

vCash
    I agree Pang & Tong deserved a medal at the 06 Olympics, probably silver in fact. I also agree the Zhangs were overmarked vs them for awhile. I also agree they are probably a stronger overall team than the Zhangs. However my main point was the Zhangs atleast had things they were spectacular in like twists, throws, side by side jumps, and Pang & Tong IMO have no area they are exceptional, while having glaring weaknesses as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Pang & Tong. I can still remember Kovarikova & Novotny's choreography that I haven't watched on youtube in several years better than I can remember Pang & Tong's from this year or last. And I feel like they haven't rotated a clean sbs triple since 2010.
    I watched again K&N videos for the purpose of this game and Ive already forgottem them, really while I still love lots of P&T program so to each his own I guess..

vCash
    Not a fan of P&T, but I thought they should have won in Vancouver. IMO, S/Z's "legendary" status boosted their scores and P/T actually had the better and cleaner programmes.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I agree about the Zhangs. I think the Olympic podium in '06 should have been T&M, S&Z, then P&T, with no Zhangs on the podium at all obviously. I think they sort of got the sympathy vote for her huge fall on the quad throw.

Btw, voting for Kovarikova and Novotny.
    This^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    Not a fan of P&T, but I thought they should have won in Vancouver. IMO, S/Z's "legendary" status boosted their scores and P/T actually had the better and cleaner programmes.
    I think that their SP was quite undermarked in that comp. They shouldn't have been five points back.

I think that they should beat KN and maybe Kazakova and Dmitriev

vCash
    I agree Pang & Tong were robbed of winning the gold in Vancouver but for the sake of the sport I am also glad they didnt.

vCash
    voting K&N for the 3rd time in a row. I suspect one reason why they are still here is most people can't even remember who they were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    voting K&N for the 3rd time in a row. I suspect one reason why they are still here is most people can't even remember who they were.
    This.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I agree Pang & Tong were robbed of winning the gold in Vancouver but for the sake of the sport I am also glad they didnt.
    I agree with you, I'm so glad S/Z won Olympic gold. Then again, I personally thought it could go either way.