Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2012 BC/YT SummerSkate, August 16-19 in Burnaby

Event info page: http://www.skatinginbc.com/competiti...on-summerskate

Skaters are listed alphabetically by last name and Senior entries include Kevin Reynolds, Jeremy Ten, Maciej Cieplucha (POL), and Orford/Williams: http://www.skatinginbc.com/sites/def...st_entries.pdf
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-13-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh, darn. I have a wedding on that Saturday. And Sundays are usually just ladies. That will probably motivate me to go during the week, as that is when the dance teams skate.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Wing/Lowe's teams are fun to watch. I'll miss Harvey/Gagnon, though.

Good to see Jeremy Ten back. Last summer he was recovering from injury and cheering on the other skaters from the stands.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Live streaming starts tomorrow at www.skatinginbc.com !

vCash
    I will be there tonight! Despite it being hotter than hell right now, I will be bringing my heavy coat, gloves and toque. The rink will be freezing!

Looking forward to seeing Mitchell Gordon, Liam Firus (triple axel, please?), Kevin and Jeremy!

Eh?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I will be there tonight! Despite it being hotter than hell right now, I will be bringing my heavy coat, gloves and toque. The rink will be freezing!

Looking forward to seeing Mitchell Gordon, Liam Firus (triple axel, please?), Kevin and Jeremy!
    Have fun, manhn. And be sure to behave yourself!

vCash
    Kevin is here. same hair.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I just tuned into the live stream to see Kevin Carreon (last of the Novice Men) do a very nice combo spin into SL FW. Music was the James Bond theme, and he wore a suit.

It's so odd that the sound picks up none of the applause, although you can see the crowd at the end of the rink behind the glass barrier wall applauding.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Junior Men, music IDs with help of Shazaam:

Mitchell Gordon, The Untouchables (but not the usual excerpt). I missed part of the program because my stove timer buzzed, but what I saw looked smooth and solid. (In the 50's.)

Drew Wolfe, a Malaguena (but not the Sasha Cohen et. al. one), dressed like a toreador with a short, red jacket. A big struggle with the jumps, and when he heard his score was in the 30's, he got up quickly. (36-something)

Sean Cuevas, Mausam and Escape from Slumdog Millonaire, dressed in a light blue tunic with embroidery around the neck and center, with a dark sash. Turn out between the jumps of the combo, popped out of solo jump, and hand down on the 2A. 3 position flying camel, solid then sit ch sit. Nice choreography on the SL FW, and a really nice combo ch combo spin, ending with a really good Eman position on the second side. (42.48)

Coach talking non-stop to both of the Connaught SC (Wolfe and Cuevas) guys in KnC, and both looked like they wanted to hurl.

Kurtis Hori, Storm by Yoshida Brothers. No sleeve tunic vest with white trim and black sash matching black shirt and pants. Cautious entry into combo, with turn in between 3Lo and 2. Footwork into 2A: he goes low into his knees and pushes it up. Good speed into steps into solo 3F (?), fall. Some very nice, crisp differentiated positions in the spins, choreography full of transitions, and he has nice emphasis and interpretation. (38 something).

Ice resurfacing before Senior Men and Women.

vCash
    Wolfe is from the Glencoe club in Alberta...not Connaught.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It looked like the same guy talking to both of them in KnC. Maybe he's covering for his coach in Alberta?

ETA: Sorry, it's Gordon and Cuevas from Connaught, according to the SC entry .pdf. But it was Wolfe and Cuevas who had their heads down in KnC.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's the live stream link to Rink 1 (includes archived videos of Junior Men SP, etc.): http://www.ustream.tv/channel/super-...r-skate-rink-1
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    It looked like the same guy talking to both of them in KnC. Maybe he's covering for his coach in Alberta?
    Maybe...hard to say. He sure didn't look happy

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Mendelssohn violin concerto for Liam Firus.... or is it Tchaikovsky? I mix them up!

ETA: I think it's Tchaikovsky. 60.57 unofficial score.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-17-2012 at 03:43 AM.

vCash
    Does anyone else hear crackly static coming through with the music? Or is just me?

vCash
    Loved the Slum Dog Millionaire program, it was very well choreographed.

Also, looks like Liam has a hope of the triple axel after all! That was quite a good attempt.

vCash
    oh that was a credible attempt at 3a. wonderful program!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Liam Firus, Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto, wearing a blue button down shirt with white buttons, black pants. Long entry into 2A -- ETA, I didn't realize it was a 3A attempt -- and falls out. Lots of speed into combo, lovely 3Lz, but pops out of his 2T on a lean. Fast steps into 3F. Lots of steps in between elements. Great expression, especially in steps: nice edges and flow, beautiful posture and open upper body. Nice spin positions, but a couple of travels between positions in two of the spins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Does anyone else hear crackly static coming through with the music? Or is just me?
    haha, thought my speakers were screwed! yes i definitely hear it.

vCash
    ok good....I thought mine were too, lol!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast