Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Scott Moir and Yana Khokhlova; just to see what different sides of their skating they might have discovered.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Navka and Ovsiannikov could have been interesting
    I always though of Kostomarov as Ovsiannikov lite
    I think Navka & Ovsiannikov would have possibly been good. I think Oleg was a very good, agile skater & Navka was much better than Kostovmarov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I know this isn't fantasy since they skated together as pros, but I wonder how Usova and Platov would have done as amateurs together.. lol against Grishuk and Zhulin, for that matter. I know U&P beat G&Z in the pro world nearly every time they met, if not every single time.
    First, I think nobody is better together than Grishuk & Platov, so I don't think they should be switched with anyone! As for Usova & Platov and Grishuk & Zhulin as am skaters, I'd be very, very interested to see it, but would never have wanted it to have happened! In my opinion, they were much better off with their original partners (G&P & U&Z). Although, Grishuk & Zhulin had a different sexy style together, I think Platov is a much better skater & although Usova & Platov's styles wee compatible, I think Usova slowed down Platov's speed & dificulty a lot! I also think that part of why U&P beat G&Z in the 98 World Pro, was because of the content of the programs and not skating skills. Although, I don't think Zhulin had as much passion or expression as Grishuk, Usova or Platov. By the way, did they ever compete against each other any other time besides the 98 World Pro? I didn't think they did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizzlerS View Post
    I had often wished that Barbara Fusar-Poli could skate with Polivas Vanagas.
    That is just cruel. I wouldn't wish Babs on anyone.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Emily Samuelson and Vanessa Crone. Jk (sort of).
    Navka and Krylova. Seriously for all the guys.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    That is just cruel. I wouldn't wish Babs on anyone.
    Poor Barbie. Being remembered just for that long, suffering look, not for her many fantastic performances.
    Vanagas is a good idea, I think, he'd present her well and get noticed himself, too.

vCash
    Ekaterina Riazanova and Andrew Poje.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12