Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Cruder than you thought
    vCash

US Swimming Olympic Trials June25-July 2

US Olympic Trial Psych Sheets are up!

We will have to see what happens with scratches, but for now, Phelps has a full slate that includes the 400IM and 200back. IIRC he didn't even swim the 200back in 08, though he qualified for the team in the 200back in 04 and then dropped the event. He'll probably swim only prelims for the 100free for relay positioning.

Lochte seems to be entered into everything he has a trials time for, so he'll clearly be scratching a ton of things.

So many of the women's events seem so wide open this year - I feel like only events I'd confidently bet on, re: winner, are Soni in both breaststrokes and Franklin in the 200back.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Thanks for starting the thread. This should be good. The women's races with Missy Franklin may be almost as good as the men's.

Here's the TV schedule - http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blog...ic-trials.html

Here's the Olympic Trials page for USA Swimming - http://www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDe...ainbow&Lang=en

vCash
    Colorado Public Radio had an interesting interview with Missy Franklin's dad that aired today.
    http://www.cpr.org/#load_article|Rai...lympic_Hopeful

vCash
    Preliminary Heats are underway

Men´s 400m IM, Ryan Lochte vs Michael Phelps into the final

Women´s 100m Butterfly, Dana Vollmer 56.59 time just in the prelims, impressive, also Claire Donahue with a respectable 57.82 going into tonights semifinals with Breeden, Coughlin, Hersey, Magnusson, Hardy aswell

Elisabeth Biesel leading the Women´s 400m IM for tonight´s final

Hansen, Gangloff and Shanteau qualifying to the semis in the 100m breaststroke, put attention to John Criste first at prelims with 1:00.29
    Last edited by Braulio; 06-25-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Phelps v Lochte very interesting...interesting to see whether Phelps was just having a safe swim in the prelims or if Lochte is going to do it.

I think Natalie is going to have her work cut out for herself to make the team in fly, but again, that was just prelims. Semis may tell a little more.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    I think Natalie chances in the 100 fly are very slim, Vollmer is just very strong right now and the second spot could go to any of various contenders but seriously this could hurt Coughlign´s chances of a three-peat in the 100 back, given she qualifies to London. My advice for her would be to concentrate on her event the 100 back and 50-100 free

vCash
    Estimates are 38,000 people in the downtown area - watching swim trial and the CWS final. Both venues look packed!
    Can't wait to see the Phelps and Lochte rivalry

vCash
    I only pay attention to swimming during the Olympic year. So why does it give me heart palpitations?

Congrats to Lochte and Phelps!

vCash
    Cannot believe NBC only gives me an hour of this

vCash
    Do you have Cox cable? NBCSports is on my cable (I assume it is one of the upper tiers) and they showed prelims this afternoon.
    Last edited by numbers123; 06-26-2012 at 02:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    If you look at the TV schedule, you will see that you get it every night all week long. Also, looking at the USA Swimming schedule, there are only 5 races scheduled for tonight. An hour each night seems about right.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 06-26-2012 at 03:29 AM.

vCash
    That's all there is. The swim sessions at the Olympics are a little longer because you also have the relays, plus they have the medal ceremonies which add a lot of time. Plus, as noted, there was 90 minutes of prelims coverage on NBC Sports Network earlier today and that's going to be the standard pretty much every day through the rest of the trials.

NBC (and NBC Sports Network) has given us plenty of trials coverage, a lot more than we got 4 years ago. It's been great! And if tonight is an indication of what's to come, I'm very content with that.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DK073 View Post
    That's all there is. The swim sessions at the Olympics are a little longer because you also have the relays, plus they have the medal ceremonies which add a lot of time. Plus, as noted, there was 90 minutes of prelims coverage on NBC Sports Network earlier today and that's going to be the standard pretty much every day through the rest of the trials.

NBC (and NBC Sports Network) has given us plenty of trials coverage, a lot more than we got 4 years ago. It's been great! And if tonight is an indication of what's to come, I'm very content with that.
    They actually did chack the 100 breast semi-finals, which came after the women's 400IM final. I guess the session went a bit over the allotted hour. Brendan Hansen was the only one to go under a minute.

Other than that, everything is being shown one way or another - all prelims streamed live except the top heats, which are being shown right before the finals session.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Do you have Cox cable? NBCSports is on my cable (I assume it is one of the upper tiers) and they showed prelims this afternoon.
    No, no cable TV. We actually had to get a different antenna to even get NBC at all. They changed the power of the broadcast a few years ago and the station is too far away. But even when we did have cable, I've never heard of NBCSports.

It looks like the online options are only available to those who have cable or satellite as well. Maybe since I have a cable internet provider I can access it?

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    No, no cable TV. We actually had to get a different antenna to even get NBC at all. They changed the power of the broadcast a few years ago and the station is too far away. But even when we did have cable, I've never heard of NBCSports.

It looks like the online options are only available to those who have cable or satellite as well. Maybe since I have a cable internet provider I can access it?
    NBCSports is a new network (previously "Versus", it debuted just a few months ago).

JEWELS.
    vCash
    The NBC London Olympics site says that you have to have a cable package that includes MSNBC and CNBC
    Q: What is required for accessing Live Extra content?
    A: You will need to verify that you subscribe to a cable, satellite or telco video tier that includes CNBC and MSNBC. There is no additional charge.

Q: Is account verification required for accessing video other than live streams?
    A: Yes, but only full-event replays (e.g. an entire basketball game) within 48 hours of an event’s conclusion. You will NOT need to verify your TV subscription to view the extensive collection of competition highlights, interviews, athlete profiles, etc., available on NBCOlympics.com.
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help/index.html

vCash
    I am pretty sure I just scared the neighbors in my hotel shouting when Eric Shanteau made the team. And then I teared up when Andrea asked him about making the team this team without a cancer diagnosis hanging over his head. I'm going to be fine, really. Lol.

vCash
    Yikes, Coughlin fades to 7th in the 100 fly and then barely makes it in to the 100 back final. Wondering if she will scratch the 200 IM prelim tomorrow.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Thrilled for both Hansen and Shanteau!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semillon27 View Post
    Yikes, Coughlin fades to 7th in the 100 fly and then barely makes it in to the 100 back final. Wondering if she will scratch the 200 IM prelim tomorrow.
    Just like I mentioned, I think doing the 100 fly just took energy and focus from her main event, the 100 back, now she has a lot to do to even qualify to the team.

Missy Franklin is just coming very strong now becoming a real contender on the event, she posted 59.06 in the semis so she is the front-runner

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast