View Poll Results: Who is the Weakest Link?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alexei Yagudin

    18 4.59%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

    137 34.95%
  • Stéphane Lambiel

    113 28.83%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

    124 31.63%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 208
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The 3A was ur'ed.

  2. #22
    Team Voronov, party of 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6858
    Wow, I didn't realized how much Yags is overrated here. Hot, great skater, charismatic as feck, but I don't think his skating holds up that well over time. (Although Winter is still orgasmically good!)

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,284
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    The 3A was ur'ed.
    And it shouldn't have been.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post

    While some people argue that Lambiel was sloppy at times, it's not like Takahashi was always the skater that he is now. In his earlier days he was a lot less polished and his programs not nearly as interesting. People seem to give him more benefit of the doubt because he has had greater longevity (and competition appearances) than Lambiel and people have come to become more familiar with the Takahashi today than what he used to be.
    I actually was less impressed with Takahashi around 2006 or 2007. He was just another good skater and not as you say, what he is now. But I don't think Stephane was ever as good as what Takahashi is now (practically a SkateGod IMO!!)

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    In another case, my favorite for the weakest links would be Takahashi, then Lambiel and Yagudin ... and as strongest, ofc Plushenko.
    But since here, without any sense, Yagudin have less votes, I voted for him - just because of his weak nerves

    Plushy is currently the weakest link? Ridiculously.... or you are so influenced by media propaganda?

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    1,491
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Seriously people YAGUDIN is NOT much superior to the other three. He's been treated like an untouchable god here..

    Anyways, my vote goes to Takahashi. Brilliant awesome skater but I think he has the lesser legacy on the sport so far..

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,771
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    15825
    I think I may vote for Takahashi...it was very hard to choose between him and Lambiel...so I flipped a coin.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    tat's fur coat
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    488
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Wow, I didn't realized how much Yags is overrated here. Hot, great skater, charismatic as feck, but I don't think his skating holds up that well over time. (Although Winter is still orgasmically good!)
    Seems that People here don't want to realize that he was 3 years old than Plushenko. If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin, then, Yagudin never won against Plushenko...

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    tat's fur coat
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    488
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Wow, I didn't realized how much Yags is overrated here. Hot, great skater, charismatic as feck, but I don't think his skating holds up that well over time. (Although Winter is still orgasmically good!)
    He's being untouchable here. He is "Honorary North American" because when he was living in USA, he said many ideal words for American

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michal Brezina's pants
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I cannot believe plushy has the most votes. I'm not a fan AT ALL and I understand he was/is overmarked, but consistency is a huge part of skating

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    I can't believe why Plushenko is weaker than Lambiel or Takahashi!!? lol
    This is American board! Very silly result. Very biased people's forum!!! XD
    It cause me to check the visiter flow. it's various from different tracking site and i am sure it's not 100% correct. Just for fun and as reference:

    Fsuniverse:
    1. UNITED STATES: 45.5%
    UNITED KINGDOM: 11.1%
    OTHER: 43.4%
    2. United States: 48%
    India: 8.5%
    3. United States: 24.8%
    India: 12.0% (seriously? So many visitor from India?)

    And I checked other sites as well
    Goldenskate.com
    1. United States:40%
    Hungary:7.3%
    2. United States: 44.7%

    Fsonline.ru
    1. Russia: 98.7%
    2. Russia: 100.0%


    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    People are voting Plushenko out for the same reason they voted out Lysacek and Chan -- because whatever his accomplishments, his performances left them cold.
    Left people feel cold doesn't mean they are weak. It only means people don't like them. To me Chan is stronger than Kulik for his achievement and skill. although I like the late more.



    Need (relative) objective criteria to make (relative) objective result. Anything which can be conversed to data: skill, achievement, record......just as what COP does.

    But anyway, the poll is only for fun and people can provide their subjective selection since there is no rule
    Last edited by reflect; 07-13-2012 at 03:23 AM.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    Seems that People here don't want to realize that he was 3 years old than Plushenko. If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin, then, Yagudin never won against Plushenko...

    No, he would win 2001

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    I can't believe why Plushenko is weaker than Lambiel or Takahashi!!? lol
    This is American board! Very silly result. Very biased people's forum!!! XD
    Yeah, those biased Americans, voting for the Russian guy instead of the Swiss or Japanese or.... Russian guy.

    The question for me: does Plushenko's titanic record, one that is entirely deserving (I can't think of a single competition he deserved to lose that he won) overcome the fact that I don't actually enjoy watching him. The fact is, if this was Survivor, the other three would gang up on him because of his obvious superiority in terms of competitive strength (so essentially, the first immunity challenge he loses, he's outta there!). Plushenko is an amazing athlete and competitor. But he hasn't caused to me to think differently about the sport the way Lambiel or Takahashi has. So between Yagudin and Plushenko, the one I like less is the one I voted for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    Seems that People here don't want to realize that he was 3 years old than Plushenko. If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin, then, Yagudin never won against Plushenko...
    Which, of course, is a mindbogglingly ridiculous argument.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I really like Yags but my final two would be Lambiel and Takahashi. That's insanely difficult because Lambiel is still doing great stuff in shows while Daisuke has only become better and better over the last years. It's almost insane to vote for Plushy as the weakest link now but what other way is there to keep Daisuke and Stéphane in? I'd actually consider giving Yags my vote at this point because his show stuff is IMO just not as great to watch as, for example, Lambiel's but let's be real he is running away with this. Sorry Plush

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    I really like Yags but my final two would be Lambiel and Takahashi. That's insanely difficult because Lambiel is still doing great stuff in shows while Daisuke has only become better and better over the last years. It's almost insane to vote for Plushy as the weakest link now but what other way is there to keep Daisuke and Stéphane in? I'd actually consider giving Yags my vote at this point because his show stuff is IMO just not as great to watch as, for example, Lambiel's but let's be real he is running away with this. Sorry Plush
    Really, Plushenko should not be going out at this point. I actually liked a lot of his programs, especially his ones from from 2004 and before. Artistically, I enjoyed him, and he wasn't lacking in spins and footwork. Transitions, maybe, but which male skaters at that time really had a lot of transitions anyways? Buttle and Savoie, maybe, but none of the top contenders. He could do a 4toe-3toe-2loop too.

    Post-2004, all his programs were mediocre. He only held up against the competition because he could do the quad consistently and skate two clean, consecutive programs. The other skaters he was competing against didn't do so when they needed to.

    But weakest link, he certainly is not.

    The competition should be Lambiel vs. Takahashi. Lambiel has a better de facto record. However, Takahashi should have 2 world titles as well (should've won 2012). His Olympic medal-winning programs were also far better than Lambiel, who was lucky to put out two mediocre programs at the Olympics in a splatfest and end up with silver. Lambiel's performances when he won gold weren't spectacular, either. He did skate a great LP in 2004 that may win in other years, but also bombed the SP (though in 2004 the results wouldn't have turned out differently with a clean SP).

    With similar records, I'm choosing Lambiel first because I personally prefer Takahashi. I too found Lambiel sloppy at times. I never liked his Four Seasons program.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's useless to say bias or not. Every forum has its fan group, big or small. I am not sure if Yagudin has most fans, but I think he has most fan on his achievment level on here. For example, even if Chan have most fan here, he definitely is not on Plushy or Yags's achievement level (maybe after he get the Sochi OGM he will). Sometimes people's skill and achievment cannot protect him from people not enjoying their skating. Chan has been voted out, so does Plushy this round (maybe next)......But if there is not enough chan or plushy fan in FSU, it's their problem.

    "If Plushenko was 3 yrs old than Yagudin" is just the same as "if Yagudin didn't retire after 2002".

    Furthermore, the poll is not based on win or not. Kulik won more against Yagudin, but Kulik has been voted out. Plushenko won more against Lambiel, but he got more vote than Lambiel. Again, it's a game with NO rule. people can select what they want as they will. If you don't have enough colleague, then just leave or tolerate
    Last edited by reflect; 07-13-2012 at 05:56 AM.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I can't think of a single competition he deserved to lose that he won.

    How about 2012 Russian National and Euro? Did he rob Arthur's Gold? (Just a question)

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,462
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Zhenya is NOT the weak link. Yagudin was soo overrated
    Plushy has the longevity, charcter, jumps and imo even better memorable moments

    Dai as much as I love him is not better than Pluschenko
    and this is WTF Lambiel should have been voted off a few rounds earlier
    he was not a dominant skater like the others left.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder how many people would have voted Yags but, like me, figured no one else was going to and didn't want to throw a vote away.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Zhenya is NOT the weak link. Yagudin was soo overrated
    Plushy has the longevity, charcter, jumps and imo even better memorable moments

    Dai as much as I love him is not better than Pluschenko
    and this is WTF Lambiel should have been voted off a few rounds earlier
    he was not a dominant skater like the others left.

    Sweetie, you can shout louder, to see if anything will change

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •