View Poll Results: Who is the Weakest Link?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alexei Yagudin

18 4.59%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

137 34.95%
  • Stéphane Lambiel

113 28.83%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

124 31.63%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's Final Four

The tribe has spoken.

Ilia Kulik (5th) has been voted off.

The original contestants were the last twelve men to win a World or Olympic title.

Previous eliminees are:

Patrick Chan (6th)
    Brian Joubert (7th)
    Jeffrey Buttle (8th)
    Elvis Stojko (9th)
    Evan Lysacek (10th)
    Todd Eldredge (11th)
    Alexei Urmanov (12th)

If you thought last round was tough, this weak is tougher!

The four remaining skaters are:

• Alexei Yagudin: Worlds 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, Olys 2002, Worlds Silver 2001, Worlds Bronze 1997
    • Evgeni Plushenko: Worlds 2001, 2003, 2004, Olys 2006, Olys Siliver 2002, 2010, Worlds Silver 1999, Worlds Bronse 1998
    • Stéphane Lambiel: Worlds 2005, 2006, Olys Silver 2006, Worlds Bronze 2007
    • Daisuke Takahashi: Worlds 2010, Worlds Silver 2007, 2012, Olys Bronze 2010

Bonus videos:

Alexei Yagudin Worlds 1999 SP
    Alexei Yagudin Worlds 1999 FS
    Alexei Yagudin Worlds 2000 SP
    Alexei Yagudin Worlds 2000 FS

Evgeni Plushenko Worlds 2001 SP
    Evgeni Plushenko Worlds 2001 FS
    Evgeni Plushenko Worlds 2004 SP
    Evgeni Plushenko Worlds 2004 FS

Stéphane Lambiel Worlds 2004 SP
    Stéphane Lambiel Worlds 2004 FS
    Stéphane Lambiel Worlds 2007 SP
    Stéphane Lambiel Worlds 2007 FS

Daisuke Takahashi Four Continents 2011 SP
    Daisuke Takahashi Four Continents 2011 FS
    Daisuke Takahashi Worlds 2012 SP
    Daisuke Takahashi Worlds 2012 FS

Who is the weakest link? Use whatever criteria you want, and let the and begin!

vCash
    I voted for Lambiel. I can't possibly vote out Yagudin or Plushenko with their competitive track records (especially Plushenko's!) and I think Takahashi is the most gifted artist on ice EVER, so Lambiel it is. He was often inconsistent anyway.. I mean, with falls, not necessarily placements, because even with falls he was often still the best skater in the competitions he entered, partly because after Plushenko retired for the first time there was no skater who was very consistent until Lysacek became so in the late '00s (2009 to be quite specific).

vCash
    This is so tough I can't really decide. I love Daisuke and Stephane, the greatest artists but Plushenko's career speaks for itself and it makes up for his flaws. Hmmm, I think that it's probably Yagudin's turn.

vCash
    ^^ Lysacek was consistent, but it was more like, consistently in the medals. He didn't have a great year the season he won Worlds, and he lost at CoC and Nats in the Olympic season. Speaking of consistency, Joubert actually had a pretty good run in the first two post-Turin seasons, while Lambiel only won three events in that entire Olympic cycle: 2006 Skate Canada, the 2007-8 GPF, and 2009 Nebelhorn. Granted he missed a season, but that's still kind of uninspiring.

For me, this round should be about Lambiel vs. Takahashi. After explaining why I felt Dai deserves to stay in previous rounds, I have persuaded myself that he should also defeat Stephane. Both of them are superb skaters who could have done more with their talent and abilities and were plagued by inconsistency - some of it health-related, but they're not the only skaters in this list to have dealt with medical problems. Still, Takahashi did have more performances in which he lived up to his potential, or at least came close to it. Lambiel had fewer such skates, and wasn't particularly good when he won his first Worlds or his Olympic medal.

Sorry, Stephane. You're still amazing.

vCash
    Yagudin, Plushenko, Lambiel, Takahashi. Three skaters I adore and one who leaves me completely cold.

Screw logic! Screw medals!

I'm voting Plushenko out.

vCash
    My admiration for Lambiel doesn't prevent me to vote him out. I'll try to post my reasons latter but I can add a few right now (having in mind that I'm comparing him with the remaining skaters):
    - 1st world title in 05 with a FS with a bunch of mistakes and in the absence of Plushenko;
    - 2nd world title in 06 - mistake in the Fs.
    - do I need to mention his problems with the triple axel?
    - Inconsistent;
    In all fairness, the two guys making it into the big final must be Yagudin and Plushenko.
    Last edited by DaiKozOda; 07-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    By process of eliminating those I can't vote for (through enjoyment or respect) voted for Takahashi. Record can't compare with Yag or Plush and I enjoy Lambiel much more.

vCash
    Voted for Takahashi.

Plushenko's record and technical dominance are indisputable and younger Plushenko was not considered artistically deficient either. If Lambiel were scored the way Chan, Lysacek, Joubert and even Plushenko are he would have won every Worlds or Olympics from 2004-2007 (not saying he deserved to win all those btw, just if he were scored like they are, aka as overscored as they all are, he still would have). Yagudin is the best ever.

So sadly Takahshi is the one to go for me even though he would be the 2010 Olympics, 2010 World, and 2012 World Champion himself with fair judging.

vCash
    Time for Lambiel to go. Then Takahashi.

vCash
    Voted Lambiel

It was between him and Takahashi. Kind of a toss up, but Lambiel was sloppy at times.

I'm having trouble understanding how Plushenko could go out now.

vCash
    It was between Lambiel and Takahashi for me, I voted Lambiel because I like him much better now, doing shows, than I ever liked him while he was competing.

Not a big fan of Plushenko but I can't believe he's gotten so many votes already.

vCash
    Dai's turn.

Great musicality and great performer.
    But not true artist like Lambiel.
    And somewhat weak jumps(questionable 3Lz edge etc.).

vCash

Talking

I can't believe why Plushenko is weaker than Lambiel or Takahashi!!? lol
    This is American board! Very silly result. Very biased people's forum!!! XD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyintheAM View Post
    It was between Lambiel and Takahashi for me, I voted Lambiel because I like him much better now, doing shows, than I ever liked him while he was competing.

Not a big fan of Plushenko but I can't believe he's gotten so many votes already.
    I can say It doesn't mean Plushenko is really weaker than others. These 31 people cannot see what is the real because of distaste. I'm sure.

Or they mix up this poll's aim with popularity poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding how Plushenko could go out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyintheAM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    I can't believe why Plushenko is weaker than Lambiel or Takahashi!!? lol
    This is American board! Very silly result. Very biased people's forum!!! XD
    People are voting Plushenko out for the same reason they voted out Lysacek and Chan -- because whatever his accomplishments, his performances left them cold.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Different people have different voting criteria (and no, it's actually a very global board). I voted for the one remaining of the four who holds my attention the least on ice. Medals be damned, there is more to figure skating than consistency.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Seriously, Plushenko's leaving?! I guess personal qualities really do matter.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Different people have different voting criteria (and no, it's actually a very global board). I voted for the one remaining of the four who holds my attention the least on ice. Medals be damned, there is more to figure skating than consistency.
    This ^

vCash
    In my opinion, Kulik is much better than Yagudin. I know I am in the minority but I have always thought Yags was inferior to both Plushenko and Kulik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Still, Takahashi did have more performances in which he lived up to his potential, or at least came close to it. Lambiel had fewer such skates, and wasn't particularly good when he won his first Worlds or his Olympic medal.

Sorry, Stephane. You're still amazing.
    2003 Worlds QR? 2004 Worlds LP? 2005 Worlds QR and 2005 Worlds SP? 2006 Worlds QR AND LP? Those are some technically superb skates.
    Takahashi has always had strong SP's. But I'm not sure he has as many memorable LP's as Lambiel.

Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    - 2nd world title in 06 - mistake in the Fs.
    Yes, a mistake on the TRIPLE LOOP, while landing one 4toe, one 4toe-3toe, one 3axel, one tripe-triple, and and another triple-double combo.

While some people argue that Lambiel was sloppy at times, it's not like Takahashi was always the skater that he is now. In his earlier days he was a lot less polished and his programs not nearly as interesting. People seem to give him more benefit of the doubt because he has had greater longevity (and competition appearances) than Lambiel and people have come to become more familiar with the Takahashi today than what he used to be.
    Last edited by shine; 07-13-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast