Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't even want to think about it. Eww

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I don't see how sex could be burning much more than that.
    She lost close to a 100 lb somehow, so clearly she's burning something. Course, while she's having sex, she's not eating during those times, so her calorie intake is also diminishing (and the article said she was eating less now).
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I'm trying to imagine what kind of man gets turned on by a 643 lb woman.
    Maybe he likes her personality? They were married after all prior to her weight gain, so obviously he felt a connection to her.

I don't know why there would have to be a fetish involved for someone to desire sexual intimacy with another who's overweight. People are attracted to their spouses all the time who've aged, gained weight, lost their hair and teeth, and otherwise no longer look like a 20yo hottie.

vCash
    This person isn't overweight. An overweight person has a BMI of 25-29.9. And obese person has a BMI of 30+. Her BMI is 90. This is far, far past overweight, and I too have a hard time imagining how someone could be sexually attracted to someone with a BMI of 90. There are plenty of people whose personality I like whom I am not sexually attracted to, and yes, personality can play a definite part in sexual attraction, but with a BMI of 90 I absolutely would call that a fetish.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    I've heard of size queens, but...
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    This person isn't overweight. An overweight person has a BMI of 25-29.9. And obese person has a BMI of 30+. Her BMI is 90. This is far, far past overweight, and I too have a hard time imagining how someone could be sexually attracted to someone with a BMI of 90. There are plenty of people whose personality I like whom I am not sexually attracted to, and yes, personality can play a definite part in sexual attraction, but with a BMI of 90 I absolutely would call that a fetish.
    Then you don't understand what fetish means.

Fetish doesn't refer to something outlandish (though that's often how peeps like Dan Savage refer to it). It's having a fixation on a particular type/category. For example, you could have a fetish for red-haired partners such that you cannot develop attraction to anyone else. That's a fetish.

Since these two people got together prior to her weight gain, clearly he was able to be attracted to someone not morbidly obese. The fact that he still has feelings for her after gaining weight doesn't make it a fetish anymore than a woman still being attracted to her husband after his legs are amputated during combat. Some people love their partners regardless of changes in their physical appearance, and it has nothing to do with fetishes.
    Last edited by agalisgv; 07-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    She lost close to a 100 lb somehow, so clearly she's burning something. Course, while she's having sex, she's not eating during those times, so her calorie intake is also diminishing (and the article said she was eating less now).
    Definitely not just eating less. Unless this has been over a VERY long time. Reducing calorie intake alone won't let you lose much weight unless you completely starve yourself, and even then it'll slow way down. So clearly she's burning calories somehow.

And you know, compared to most exercise regimens...

vCash
    It's having a fixation on a particular type/category. For example, you could have a fetish for red-haired partners such that you cannot develop attraction to anyone else. That's a fetish.
    I have never heard that fetish means that you cannot develop an attraction to anything else. It is a habitual erotic response to a particular non-genital body part or object, but that does not mean that you cannot become aroused by anything or anyone else, though that may be the case for some people. And you're right, unless he is habitually attracted to grotesquely large women, which we do not know, I cannot classify it as a fetish, just really difficult to understand. My main gripe was referring to this woman as someone who was overweight, when she would not be classified as overweight and obese doesn't begin to describe her level of weight. Her weight level is extremely atypical.

vCash
    I didn't read the article until just now. Have you seen the photos? Forget how he finds it attractive...I can't believe she can get into any position that would allow sex. Her inner thighs & butt are huge. Maybe he's hung. And she's 47 which makes me wonder how her heart hasn't burst from any activity.

10,000 calories a day is just gross besides being very expensive. And people like that rarely bankroll their own addiction. For one thing a lot of them can't even get out of bed. It makes you wonder about the people who shop for that 10,000 calories a day for them. I think my husband drinks too much. I would NEVER go to the liquor store or make a drink for him. If he wants to abuse his body I can't stop him but I sure don't have to help him do it. But somehow these hugely overweight people find someone to do it for them.

Neither my husband nor I look like we did when we married but we still find each other attractive. But neither of us has put on 500 lbs. And I have seen plenty of big people that I find attractive. If my husband had maybe I would have stayed with him but I sure wouldn't find him attractive. If this is shallow of me so be it. Having intimacy with that...ewwwww!
    Last edited by taf2002; 07-13-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Personally I find it offensive to refer to anyone's physical appearance as groteque as it's very dehumanizing. She is morbidly obese (which I believe is the technical term to describe her weight level), but I wouldn't call her or anyone else's body groteque.

I also don't think this is difficult to understand. They were in love and got married. He had a previous child, and so they had to blend their family. Blended families often fail because of tensions between the children of one parent and the new spouse, and that's apparently what happened here. Doesn't mean the two stopped loving each other, though.

She became depressed after their marriage failed which is also very common. It's not dissimilar to a death--the loss of the spouse and their future lives together is deeply mourned. So the woman began eating for comfort to console herself until it reached a state which jeopardized her life. When her ex-husband realized what had happened, he returned to help her lose the weight. And by this time the child may have been grown, so that was no longer an issue.

Substitute the weight gain for developing a drinking problem, and I don't think it's difficult to see how the situation developed nor how he could still love her. Would you really find it that difficult to understand if a woman still had attraction for her husband if he returned from combat having lost both his legs?

Anyhow, I'm glad she's getting the weight off, and hope things work out with her ex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Is this even possible in the missionary position?
    I agree
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I didn't read the article until just now. Have you seen the photos? Forget how he finds it attractive...I can't believe she can get into any position that would allow sex. Her inner thighs & butt are huge. Maybe he's hung. And she's 47 which makes me wonder how her heart hasn't burst from any activity.

10,000 calories a day is just gross besides being very expensive. And people like that rarely bankroll their own addition. For one thing a lot of them can't even get out of bed. It makes you wonder about the people who shop for that 10,000 calories a day for them. I think my husband drinks too much. I would NEVER go to the liquor store or make a drink for him. If he wants to abuse his body I can't stop him but I sure don't have to help him do it. But somehow these hugely overweight people find someone to do it for them.
    That's the part that makes me go and and . Many morbidly obese people cannot move around on their own. They certainly can't go out to the store and acquire/make 10,000 calories worth of food. Someone has to be helping them eat that much.

IMO the enablers are just as much to blame as the eaters. Just what would the eaters do exactly if they didn't get their 10,000 calories a day? Pull off a tantrum that would make a 2-year-old blush?

vCash
    Personally I find it offensive to refer to anyone's physical appearance as groteque as it's very dehumanizing. She is morbidly obese (which I believe is the technical term to describe her weight level), but I wouldn't call her or anyone else's body groteque.
    This is the definition of grotesque I was thinking of when I used it as an adverb:

2. Outlandish or bizarre, as in character or appearance.

I believe that fits in this situation.

Stuff about gaining weight
    I certainly can understand how a person can gain weight after a momentous depression. I can also understand how a person can still love a person and find them attractive after a large weight gain. 700 lbs is, however, pushing that beyond an extreme in my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

Would you really find it that difficult to understand if a woman still had attraction for her husband if he returned from combat having lost both his legs?.
    Nope, I have no problem whatsoever understanding that. To me that is a very different situation. However, I would also understand if that woman no longer could be sexually attracted to him and would not fault her for it.

vCash
    I wouldn't refer to someone's body as bizarre either. A person's actions? Yes. But not their body.

Ymmv

And I don't think the example of the double amputee is all that different except that it's more socially accepted, and women are generally expected to tolerate physical shortcomings in their SO's far more than men are with their SO's.
    Last edited by agalisgv; 07-12-2012 at 08:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    That's the part that makes me go and and . Many morbidly obese people cannot move around on their own. They certainly can't go out to the store and acquire/make 10,000 calories worth of food. Someone has to be helping them eat that much.
    Pizza/sandwich/other food delivery person, perhaps? One 14" pizza has over 3,000 calories -- add in a quart of soft drink for another 400 and you are well over 1/3 of 10,000 calories. Even though it is a very large amount, I think that many might be surprised at how easily one could reach that level when eating calorie-dense stuff (i.e. high in fat and/or sugar).
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    I don't know why women hook up with Morozov. The world is a mysterious place. I'm glad she is able to find someone who finds her sexually desirable. And that her health journey appears to be going in the right direction. Haterz are gonna hate.

vCash
    Maybe she's doing something right.

She's having more sex than most of us

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    700 lbs is, however, pushing that beyond an extreme in my opinion.
    Um, so what? If this man finds her sexually attractive, he does. Does it really matter if he has a fetish or if he just happens to love her or what?

The fact that you can't imagine finding someone that heavy attractive doesn't mean that everyone else has the same point of view. There are plenty of sexual activities that I don't find at all appealing; that doesn't mean that other people don't enjoy them or that they have some kind of hangup if they do. Maybe I'm the one with the hangup. But so what, either way?

IIRC, we kind of had this discussion before in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78594
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Normally, I would agree. But in this case gorging yourself to become the heaviest female on the planet on purpose pretty much defines grotesque to me.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Um, so what? If this man finds her sexually attractive, he does. Does it really matter if he has a fetish or if he just happens to love her or what?

The fact that you can't imagine finding someone that heavy attractive doesn't mean that everyone else has the same point of view. There are plenty of sexual activities that I don't find at all appealing; that doesn't mean that other people don't enjoy them or that they have some kind of hangup if they do. Maybe I'm the one with the hangup. But so what, either way?
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Maybe she's doing something right.

She's having more sex than most of us
    I wouldn't refer to someone's body as bizarre either. A person's actions? Yes. But not their body.

Ymmv

And I don't think the example of the double amputee is all that different except that it's more socially accepted, and women are generally expected to tolerate physical shortcomings in their SO's far more than men are with their SO's.
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I don't know why women hook up with Morozov. The world is a mysterious place. I'm glad she is able to find someone who finds her sexually desirable. And that her health journey appears to be going in the right direction. Haterz are gonna hate.
    I would rep if I could rep all of these.

Especially that bolded bit in agalisgv's post--even with weight, the idea of woman being partnered with a heavy/chubby guy is MUCH more common (heck, it's so prevalent in sitcoms TV Tropes has a trope for it--"Ugly Guy, Hot Wife".)

vCash
    I don't think I eat 10,000 calories a week...
    Team Peeps!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast