Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    I don't think I eat 10,000 calories a week...
    Well, that's probably good -- unless you're very active or not on the short/petite side.
    Average Woman

A 35-year-old, 120-lb. person of normal weight for their height would be about 5 ft, 3 inches tall. A 5-foot-3-inch woman who includes light or moderate activity in her schedule two to three times a week needs to consume 1,750 calories per day to maintain her weight. If she is sedentary, she needs only 1,550 calories, but if she is active, exercising 30 minutes a day on most days, she needs 1,900 calories per day.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/31...#ixzz20RpEVQ8W
    I know that I eat more than 1428 calories a day -- I'm not as active as I should be, but I'm 5'10" and haven't weighed 120 lbs since grade school.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    That's the part that makes me go and and . Many morbidly obese people cannot move around on their own. They certainly can't go out to the store and acquire/make 10,000 calories worth of food. Someone has to be helping them eat that much.
    I was pretty sure that in the Facebook discussion, someone had posted photos of Pauline Potter shopping; I didn't find the exact photos, but here you go: http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/144556 and http://moonbattery.com/Pauline-Potter.jpg
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Well, that's probably good -- unless you're very active or not on the short/petite side.
    I know that I eat more than 1428 calories a day -- I'm not as active as I should be, but I'm 5'10" and haven't weighed 120 lbs since grade school.
    YEAH, I'm somewhat active...and pretty short.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I was pretty sure that in the Facebook discussion, someone had posted photos of Pauline Potter shopping; I didn't find the exact photos, but here you go: http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/144556 and http://moonbattery.com/Pauline-Potter.jpg
    Gee... not surprising she has a bag of Cheetos in her hand in the first link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    I thought the same thing but at least she's keeping it real. She could've easily pretended to only be grazing on a bowl of salad and tweeted that picture instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    She is morbidly obese (which I believe is the technical term to describe her weight level), but I wouldn't call her or anyone else's body groteque.
    Definitions vary, but generally a BMI of 40-49 is morbidly obese; 50 and above is super obese.

vCash
    She actually looks quite flexible

http://www.radaronline.com/photos/im...man#image-load
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Obese Class III (Very severely obese) is a BMI of over 40.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    From the original article:

Pauline, who admits Alex does most of the work in the bedroom, said: “It also helps that I did gymnastics until I was 12 so I’m very limber.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...2st-woman.html

If what you read in the OP's link freaked you out, you might not want to read this one at all.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    and reaching for donuts in the second
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    Potter, who had been consuming 10,000 calories a day, hopes to reach her goal weight of 532 pounds with the help of Alex.
    Is 532 pounds her final goal weight, her goal weight for the end of 2012, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I'm trying to imagine what kind of man gets turned on by a 643 lb woman.
    In highly-esteemed academic psychological circles, this phenomenon is known as a Chubby Chaser.

INTJ
    vCash
    I have a lot of sympathy for the son. Not only is he dressing his mother at 18 but his parents are publicly discussing their sexual habits
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I really doubt she's burning that many calories. It's been well documented that people routinely overestimate how much they burn in exercise (and underestimate how much they eat).

I spent a lot of time with both a BodyMedia FIT and also wearing a HRM while doing various exercises and things like lifting weights for an hour only burn 50-100 net calories so I don't see how sex could be burning much more than that.
    The more obese you are, the more calories you burn during exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    I have a lot of sympathy for the son. Not only is he dressing his mother at 18 but his parents are publicly discussing their sexual habits
    Me, too. He doesn't just dress his mum, he bathes her every day. It isn't easy being a carer, but being a carer for a woman who has clearly done this to herself must be extra hard - and then for her and her partner to go public....

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    The more obese you are, the more calories you burn during exercise.
    Yes, but it's not *that* much more especially not for something like sex that for most people doesn't last an hour.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    I also don't think this is difficult to understand. They were in love and got married. He had a previous child, and so they had to blend their family. Blended families often fail because of tensions between the children of one parent and the new spouse, and that's apparently what happened here. Doesn't mean the two stopped loving each other, though.

Substitute the weight gain for developing a drinking problem, and I don't think it's difficult to see how the situation developed nor how he could still love her. Would you really find it that difficult to understand if a woman still had attraction for her husband if he returned from combat having lost both his legs?
    I could understand if a woman lost attraction to a husband who returned from combat having lost both legs - but in that the case the social pressure to stay would be huge because the guy would be seen as a hero.

Truth is, people leave each other sometimes when physical attraction wanes, and weight gain can be one reason for that. People leave because their partner has a drinking problem or other addiction as well, though in those cases their are often good reasons.

Nonetheless, love that endures physical changes is to be commended and admired. People who experience that kind of love have something that others who know only lust will never experience. Ultimately, IMO it is a deeper and more enduring love.

The truth is, most of are us going to get older and greyer and flabbier and less able. Lots of us are going to get fatter, too. Barring spending a fortune on plastic surgery, we don't have the bodies at 70 we had at 20. It is comforting - and good - to love and be loved nonetheless.

I wish the best for this couple. To be as heavy as her would be some sort of hell for me. I'm quite sure she doesn't get up every morning and say WHEE I weigh 600 pounds. If his love and sex with him can help her get weight down, more power to both of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Me, too. He doesn't just dress his mum, he bathes her every day. It isn't easy being a carer, but being a carer for a woman who has clearly done this to herself must be extra hard - and then for her and her partner to go public....

You really think this woman ate herself to that size? She isn't just fat or obese from eating too much and lack of exercise; She's morbidly obese X2. I'm pretty sure she has some sort of medical conditions that caused her body to get that large.

vCash
    It was sad to read she was a gymnast at one time.

vCash
    You really think this woman ate herself to that size?
    There is a group of fetishists called "feeders" and "gainers" who gain large amounts of weight on purpose. Don't know if this woman is doing that, but it exists.
    Last edited by heckles; 07-14-2012 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    You really think this woman ate herself to that size? She isn't just fat or obese from eating too much and lack of exercise; She's morbidly obese X2. I'm pretty sure she has some sort of medical conditions that caused her body to get that large.
    Yes, I do. She wasn't always that size, and admits she got bigger as she ate more, did less, and got depressed. If she has a known medical condition, I think it would have been mentioned.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    It is well documented that the vast majority of obese people have broken appetite control systems. Even so society is so invested in believing that obesity is primarily an issue of willpower and choice that even obese people are convinced they "did this to themselves".
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast