Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Singer Usher Raymond's Stepson 'Brain-dead' After Boating Accident

He and a friend were seriously hurt...

Hope he pulls through, but if he's brain-dead, that's unlikely, right? What a waste. so young.

vCash
    So sorry for him and his loved ones.

vCash
    That's very sad to hear.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    What a shame.

vCash
    Clearly, the divorce proceedings will have to be put on hold.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    How sad. I usually hate seeing jet skis on a lake - often the riders have been drinking and they're not taking much care. Even if everyone is sober and riding cautiously, people don't have a lot of experience on them and it can be hard to respond to unexpected obstacles in time.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    rex I am confused:
    Usher, 33, split from Tameka back in 2009 with their divorce finalised later that year.
    is there another divorce that Usher is involved in?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought their divorce was finalized in 2009?

what a tragedy
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I feel really sorry.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    OMG!!! The news has said for two days that two young people had been hit by a jet ski on Lake Lanier in Atlanta.....Nobody has said one of the kids was Usher's! Lake Lanier is MUCH TOO CROWDED and jet skiers are out of control. Just 2 weeks ago, we had a pontoon boat with 13 people on it get hit by a drunk bass boat driver at 10 p.m.-resulting in a 9 year old and a 13 year old drowned. The bass boat driver was DUI.

So sorry-it doesn't matter if the young victims were those of a rap star or just folks. God bless their families and their sweet little souls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    OMG!!! The news has said for two days that two young people had been hit by a jet ski on Lake Lanier in Atlanta.....Nobody has said one of the kids was Usher's! Lake Lanier is MUCH TOO CROWDED and jet skiers are out of control. Just 2 weeks ago, we had a pontoon boat with 13 people on it get hit by a drunk bass boat driver at 10 p.m.-resulting in a 9 year old and a 13 year old drowned. The bass boat driver was DUI.

So sorry-it doesn't matter if the young victims were those of a rap star or just folks. God bless their families and their sweet little souls.
    That is terrible so sad to hear , I hope they start to police it more to avoid further accidents

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post

Usher is going through a custody battle with his ex wife. They have two biological children together.
    Last edited by Mayra; 07-09-2012 at 08:35 AM.

vCash
    rex I am confused:

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I thought their divorce was finalized in 2009?

what a tragedy
    I apologize - were they already divorced? Were they not in court just recently? Was that a custody thing?

vCash
    Such a tragedy His parents must be so devastated. Hopefully the other child that was injured will be ok.

vCash
    What a tragedy! My heart goes out to this boy and the people who love him.

vCash
    No change.
    Can someone declared brain-dead come back?

vCash
    No change.
    Can someone declared brain-dead come back?
    No. From Wiki
    Brain death is the irreversible end of all brain activity (including involuntary activity necessary to sustain life) due to total necrosis of the cerebral neurons following loss of brain oxygenation. It should not be confused with either the persistent vegetative state or the (usually) even deeper coma, because in these two conditions, sometimes the patient can emerge and the effects can be reversible, and, unless the coma or state is deep and the patient unstable, the patient's life is not ended or in danger of being ended as a result without some other complication occurring such as an infection. Brain death or brain stem death, though it can be used as a basis for ending the person's life or for organ donation or as a definition of death, is not the same as clinical death or biological death, terms which refer to the failure of the body as a whole, not just the brain, which is what individuals long considered to be the actual definition of death. Patients classified as brain dead can have their organs surgically removed for organ donation.
    Brain death, either of the whole brain or the brain stem, is used as a legal indicator of death in many jurisdictions.
    medical criteria
    A brain-dead individual has no clinical evidence of brain function upon physical examination. This includes no response to pain and no cranial nerve reflexes. Reflexes include pupillary response (fixed pupils), oculocephalic reflex, corneal reflex, no response to the caloric reflex test and no spontaneous respirations.
    It is important to distinguish between brain death and states that may mimic brain death (e.g., barbiturate overdose, alcohol intoxication, sedative overdose, hypothermia, hypoglycemia, coma or chronic vegetative states). Some comatose patients can recover, and some patients with severe irreversible neurological dysfunction will nonetheless retain some lower brain functions such as spontaneous respiration, despite the losses of both cortex and brain stem functionality. Thus, anencephaly, in which there is no higher brain present, is generally not considered brain death, though it is certainly an irreversible condition in which it may be appropriate to withdraw life support.
    Note that brain electrical activity can stop completely, or drop to such a low level as to be undetectable with most equipment. An EEG will therefore be flat, though this is sometimes also observed during deep anesthesia or cardiac arrest. Although in the United States a flat EEG test is not required to certify death, it is considered to have confirmatory value. In the UK it is not considered to be of value.
    The diagnosis of brain death needs to be rigorous, in order to be certain that the condition is irreversible. Legal criteria vary, but in general they require neurological examinations by two independent physicians. The exams must show complete and irreversible absence of brain function (brain stem function in UK),[3] and may include two isoelectric (flat-line) EEGs 24 hours apart (less in other countries where it is accepted that if the cause of the dysfunction is a clear physical trauma there is no need to wait that long to establish irreversibility). The widely-adopted[4] Uniform Determination of Death Act in the United States attempts to standardize criteria. The patient should have a normal temperature and be free of drugs that can suppress brain activity if the diagnosis is to be made on EEG criteria.
    Alternatively, a radionuclide cerebral blood flow scan that shows complete absence of intracranial blood flow can be used to confirm the diagnosis without performing EEGs.
    Often medical personnel and family are waiting for the day 3 or 4 or more of no electrical activity to make the decision to pull off a vent or even to make organ donation. It is a tragic situation for all involved.

vCash
    This is so sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    What a tragedy! My heart goes out to this boy and the people who love him.
    Mine, as well.

Loving on babies!
    vCash

Often medical personnel and family are waiting for the day 3 or 4 or more of no electrical activity to make the decision to pull off a vent or even to make organ donation. It is a tragic situation for all involved.
    What is also sad is, the longer it is waited before giving the full medical decision of "brain dead" and the decision for organ donation is made, a lot of the usable organs have suffered permanent damage, or significant enough damage that the organ is considered unplaceable. A horrible, traumatic decision for any family to have to make about any loved one, especially a child; but a decision that could give life, sight, hope and healing to many different people in need.

I wish the family courage, peace and strength. What a horrific, avoidable tragedy.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast