Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    What about Charbonneau?? She was promising two seasons ago but if we focus only in last year's results then the TBA should clearly go to Najarro.

vCash
    Senior Ladies SP (8 competed): N Rajic (SVK) 50.90, M Samson (CAN) 44.50, H Serafini 38.24, A Buchanan (NE) 35.28, S Spinella (NE) 33.90, T DeFelice 33.36, M Rollins (NE) 29.38, A Horton (NE) 26.20. WD: B Ballard (NE), J Bauth, C Merolla, A Pearce (CP).
    http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/
    Looks like Myriane Samson is back competing! She will also participate at the Quebec summer championships. She probably wants this TBA spot !

vCash
    Hope Cynthia recovers completely from this. She was @ Liberty last summer, so I guess she won't be there next week. Wishing her all the best!

vCash
    There has been so little news on Samson that when I passed her in the halls at an event last fall I almost tackled her. After composing myself I asked her about her plans. At that time she said she had a slight chance to come back for 2012 nationals but was very very clear she was coming back to competition.

Not a lot of love for her out there, but I'm sorry, in the last few years she was the only Canadian doing more than 4 triples in an LP, doing it at 2011 Canadian nats under extreme pressure and I think it was 2010 4CC where she did six if memory serves.

She needs some upbeat programs and to skate with confidence; otherwise she's lovely to watch on the ice and CAN skate with speed if her programs and coaching dictate. Totally not out of the mix...although my money's on Osmond to keep her momentum going.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    bibi (post #22 above) is referencing Myriane Samson's return to competition in Lake Placid, NY two weekends ago. She competed in the SP only there, and I heard from someone at the comp. that her skating looked good - she landed the 3Lo, though not in combination, 2A and 3S.
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    Looks like Myriane Samson is back competing! She will also participate at the Quebec summer championships. She probably wants this TBA spot !
    Quebec dates are August 9-12 - competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84094

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    What about Charbonneau?? She was promising two seasons ago but if we focus only in last year's results then the TBA should clearly go to Najarro.
    Kate Charbonneau had a higher ISU season best total score at her first JGP in Poland (128.66) than Alexandra Najarro did at 4CC (117.11), though Najarro was 4th to Charbonneau's 6th at Canadians. Charbonneau debuted two new programs (choreographed by Tom Dickson?) at Broadmoor Open last month that I enjoyed watching. She seemed to be focusing on her choreo/performance/expression rather than her jumps (mostly planned doubles in her FS). Hopefully she's in the mix for a Senior B at least.

ETA that Adriana DeSanctis and Alexandra Najarro are now on the entries list for Thornhill (August 16-19) - competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84193
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Sigh.
    I wish I could be upset by this news but I'm just not. Personally I think Cynthia is done in competetitive figure skating. If she isn't skating with an injury or recovering from one she simply can't compete at the same level technically as even the top ten women in the world.
    Personally I would rather Skate Canada concentrate on getting behind some of the up and coming girls I saw at nationals. Brian Orser as her coach was great news but at this point for me it is hard to have faith in Cynthia. I feel for her and think it is terrible news but what can I say I'm not surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Sigh.
    I wish I could be upset by this news but I'm just not. Personally I think Cynthia is done in competetitive figure skating. If she isn't skating with an injury or recovering from one she simply can't compete at the same level technically as even the top ten women in the world.
    Personally I would rather Skate Canada concentrate on getting behind some of the up and coming girls I saw at nationals. Brian Orser as her coach was great news but at this point for me it is hard to have faith in Cynthia. I feel for her and think it is terrible news but what can I say I'm not surprised.
    I feel the same, I cannot imagine a stress fracture in your back, yikes that would impede you doing much at all, so hard for someone so young and active.
    I hope that she heals and is able to make the best decision for herself in regards to her skating
    She is such a lovely skater to watch- I will miss her in the season!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Not a lot of love for her out there, but I'm sorry, in the last few years she was the only Canadian doing more than 4 triples in an LP, doing it at 2011 Canadian nats under extreme pressure and I think it was 2010 4CC where she did six if memory serves.
    I found her captivating. Before her injury, she had the biggest variety of jumps of the Canadian ladies (not counting Joannie). Her double three into 3F is astounding, esp since you mostly see the double three for a salchow or a loop. There's no setup for the flip! The edges she gets in her choreography is great. I don't understand how Phaneuf gets high transition marks with her crossover in comparison to Samson's.

As of this point, I think SC should send Osmond, Lacoste and Samson to 4CC. Phaneuf just disappointed too many times and you HAVE to rest a stress fracture in your back. That must hurt a lot! I hope she fully recovers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12