Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Thanks for the link! The webcams are great. Just finished watching the opening, and loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQQz-NGAmiM
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    That crowd sounded like it was CRAZY! Too bad we can't get crowds like that in the US.

Thanks for the videos.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    That crowd sounded like it was CRAZY! Too bad we can't get crowds like that in the US.

Thanks for the videos.
    Yes they did! There's so many talented skaters there. I'd be exicited, too, if I was there.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post

Thanks for the videos.
    Some of the older crowds and fans in the US might object (though personally I love it!). The real reason for the different reaction is more age than culture. Young Americans are just as likely to scream and shout for their favorites in a show, game, concert, etc., but figure skating these days largely attracts an older, more reserved audience. To get a concert-like atmosphere figure skating in the US needs to attract younger fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by herehere! View Post
    I love love Yuna's return to Tango de Roxanne. I really quickly translated an article I liked. It's a quick*** partial*** translation. Sorry if there are mistakes~
    http://sports.news.nate.com/view/20120824n28375

--------
    ....(starting in the middle of the article) After delivering her her performance to “Tango de Roxanne,” Yuna Kim shared her thoughts on reviving her past program. Returning the program she used as a young skater, she said, "brings old memories.”

"Tango de Roxanne" was Kim's short program for her debut season to the senior competitions .as a 15-year-old. In following year, she broke the world record with this program at 71.95 for her World Championship performance.

This July, Kim announced that she will return to competitive skating. She mentioned that she chose to skate to Tango de Roxanne at this show as a way to channel her mind to those early days in skating.

In a press conference prior to the show she said "the last time I skated to Tango de Roxanne was in 2007. I hadn't even listened to the music since then. When I revisited the program, I was surprised by the fast-tempo. I don't even know how I pulled it off before. It took a bit to reacquaint myself to the music."

Nonetheless, in the show Kim captured the audience with her beautifully mature performance....(sorry i am editing out comments on the beautifully revamped costume and strong performance, jumps.) With "Tango de Roxanne," the program that ushered in her decorated career, queen of figure skating Yuna Kim has return.
    Thanks for the translation I'm having such a blast this weekend watching all those show clips! Again, amazing crowds and fans

vCash
    Thanks! 5 years ago, she made that program look so easy, now seeing the way she has to speed up a little, shows how incredibly difficult it actually is!
    speaking of past and present, here's a nice post on Yunakimforum about her "transformation" in these past 5 years.

http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...dpost&p=105037

what is also cool is that the fans who has been following her since 2007, or even before, have grown up too (as for the Harry Potter saga ). it's great to think that some of the people in that crazy audience, who were, say, 17 years old then, now are 22.
    Oh and it would be great if that British commentator, i don't know if it was Howarth or Slater, got to see this new version on youtube, as he said then "I had never seen a single skater skating to the music as well as that". well, I guess he would also notice how gorgeous and sexy she has become she looks like a goddess in that dress!
    this performance kind of sums some of the programs she has done so far.. Danse Macabre, Sheherazade, The bond girl, Fever... if she combines, say, Tango and Danse Macabre in her Vampire short..well.....

vCash

vCash
    N/M double posted!
    Last edited by RunnersHigh; 08-26-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Day 2 Short Report

• Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy - Yesterday they looked a bit passive but today comparatively activated! So did Robin's LED lighting costume.
    • Kiira Korpi - Fell twice in Act I but she knew it's nothing at Yuna's ice show and finished well. In Act II, she's wide awake with clean jumps!
    • Laura Lepisto - First time to see her LIVE. Her body type looked that of Asian girls. Crowds around me felt the same way and said "So pretty!". All her spins're fast and nice! Loved her layback spins.
    • Brian Joubert - "Gladiator OST", one of the most famous movie music in Korea, and computer screen showing the very moment and his performance presented the program really really well.
    • Stephane Lambiel - Today, he cleaned "Violin Concerto in D Major"! and crowds gave him a SO!!! And Same thing happened again in Act II - "Puttin on the Ritz".
    • Joannie Rochette - With one voice, crowds said "Joannie is Shae with triples." Her jumps were so consistent - In Shanghai last June I was there too - and her skating was seamless. BTW, she's not muscular anymore.
    • Patrick Chan - He did what he used to. Good news was not in programs but finale.
    • Alexei Yagudin - I had no word for his performances! 2 huge SO from crowds. That's all. And someone have to stop him! He's overzealous.. I'm worrying about his relapse.
    • Yuna Kim - She looked thinner and taller than before - Biologically it's not logical though. Today she popped 3Lz but it was a flaw in a jewel and that made her other elements much more tight and accurate.

Around the arena
    • There're lots of girls from JinSeon Girls High School - Reportedly, Yuna invited them by herself. Kudos to Yuna.
    • It's Saturday and there're so many families among crowds. Olders (or elders) enjoyed as fanatical as youngers. Looked terrific!
    • It rained on Friday and Saturday. And In Shanghai!!!!
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    I was at the show as well, and I agree that Joannie's skating is perfectly "seamless". It was really impressive, and no wonder why she got bronze after Yuna/Mao. Joannie is the type that looks so much better live than on TV. She has that innate artistry.

On the other hand, I was not really impressed by Yagudin or any of the male performances this time. I didn't feel much artistry from Yagudin at all... I thought he was overdoing it and it showed.

As for Yuna, of course it was another complete swoon-fest. Yuna's beauty has no boundary...

vCash
    Huge thanks to runnershigh, jenny, puretea, everyone who shared impressions, pics, video links! For me ATSS is the most beautiful, best organized show in the world together with swiss Art on Ice.

Shaia - could you maybe share impressions also about other skaters? I'd be very thankful.

vCash
    Its very sorry, this is the *last* skating event in Korea.

Now ACT II.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Its very sorry, this is the *last* skating event in Korea.

Now ACT II.
    Save the best for last, they say! Here's Yuna's last Roxanne performance (for this show at least):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qebK6CdGBco

And it's perfectly clean with a beautiful triple Lutz!

vCash
    Just back from the Ice rink.

Today, Yuna made me cry! For me, it was the 2nd time since Adam Rippons Free Program at 2010 FCC.

She did 3S, 3Lz and 2A and it was mind-boggling. Not in the best shape as a competitive skater but what she did today was ridiculously fantastic and she dominated the arena, crowds and skating fans there.

Even fans gave her a standing ovation as soon as she started the final upright spin. It was the first time and I've never seen this before here in Korea. I can't believe what I saw Yuna gave to me tonight.
    Last edited by RunnersHigh; 08-26-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    Save the best for last, they say! Here's Yuna's last Roxanne performance (for this show at least):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qebK6CdGBco

And it's perfectly clean with a beautiful triple Lutz!
    Thanks, you posted the link while I was writing above!!
    This too will pass away.

vCash

a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
    vCash

Ms Kim's spiral

Has improved.

However, she has more to do to get back into fighting trim. Nice to see that she's going for it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    She did 3S, 3Lz and 2A and it was mind-boggling.
    Thanks, Runnershigh!!!

Ah Yuna, Yuna...
    Your comeback made me leap for joy and now you bring a tear of joy to my eyes by giving us a perfect clean performance of 'El Tango de Roxanne'.
    What an incredible lady. Thank you so much. You rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Lee View Post
    Has improved.

However, she has more to do to get back into fighting trim. Nice to see that she's going for it!
    I don't think anyone is denying that. Even Yuna fans in her fan forums recognize she's got some ways to go before competition. She's only been in training a few week since she announced her return to competition. Give her a few more months of conditioning and training and she'll be in fighting form.

Still, it's very remarkable she went for a triple Lutz in an ex when she's never been inclined to do so even in her peak years (2008-2010).

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast