Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Christina Gao Cheer Thread - Close (to the podium) Without Touching (until 2014!)

Okay, now that the "Christina is exactly like Yuna" thread has rightfully died, let's start a new one. She looked fantastic at Skate Canada and seems well trained and ready. I'm going out on a limb and predict she will medal this year at US nationals. But which medal?

vCash
    Go Christina!

I hope she gets that third spot (and touch the the podium!).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Go Christina!

I hope she gets that third spot (and touch the the podium!).
    Agreed! I think she also has a shot at the podium this week at TEB. Ashley will be hard to beat, and Pogorilaya seems to be on a roll, but the other contenders are unpredictable. Christina could slip in for a medal. Mostly, I just hope she skates two clean programs and sets herself up well for Nationals.

vCash
    Love this thread!
    Go and get a medal, Christina!

vCash
    Go Christina!! Get that third slot for Sochi!!

vCash
    Go Christina
    I hope she medals at TEB. Competition is going to be fearce. I think that a medal there will give her confidence leading to Nationals where she can step right up on the podium. That may feel better then going to the Olympics.

vCash
    I hope she medals @ TEB, and gets that third spot for the US ladies' team to Sochi & Worlds.

vCash
    Go Christina! I hope she lands 3F-3T and gets her trip to Sochi. Three years at 5th place is way too long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Go Christina! I hope she lands 3F-3T and gets her trip to Sochi. Three years at 5th place is way too long.
    Four years at 5th place (2010-13) ... but I couldn't agree more!

vCash
    Go Christina!! Hoping for good performances from her at TEB this week. It's still early but, based on Skate Canada, I think she's in good position for the third spot at Nationals. Another strong performance at TEB will help and give her momentum heading into Nationals. Fingers crossed!

vCash
    Yay, I finally started a thread that people actually reply to! It only took me 8 years.

vCash
    If Christina can't medal at TEB she is in serious trouble this season. They might as well just give Wagner the title right now considering how weak the competition is. It's a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    If Christina can't medal at TEB she is in serious trouble this season. They might as well just give Wagner the title right now considering how weak the competition is. It's a joke.
    I thought this was a "Cheer" thread ^^^^ ...

Go Christina!!!!

O-

vCash
    Solid SP for Christina today at TEB. Sadly, a > on the 3Lo leaves her in 4th place (but less than 2 points from 2nd place.) Can she pull up for a medal tomorrow?

vCash
    I looooove this thread title.

I think Christina can pull forward in the LP, and I think she's going to medal. Go Christina!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    I looooove this thread title.

I think Christina can pull forward in the LP, and I think she's going to medal. Go Christina!!
    I don't think Christina's jumps were as strong as they usually are, but I thought she was still underscored in the SP. I hope she has a good LP.

vCash
    Lovely performance from Christina in the SP last night. I loved her speed; it seemed definitely improved from SA and her senior B. Slightly shaky on her jumps, but she fought for everything. It's nice that the program is such a great vehicle for her, she can still get quite decent scores even with a few technical problems. And her dress! Perfection. I absolutely love the color and cut. (Okay, I'm sounding like a huge fangirl here, which I guess I am!)

So, on to the long. You know how skaters always say they just want to put out a good performance, because that's all they can control? I feel like Christina needs to NOT say that at this point. I think she needs to say to herself: "I WILL be on that podium today. I'm going to win a medal, nothing else is acceptable."

Too many fourth & fifth places. She has the talent, she just needs to go out there and give it everything. And NOT settle for just another "good, but not great" performance. Sotnikova is very beatable. I really do think Christina can get past her and onto that podium, but she needs to believe.

Okay, there's my pep talk for the day! :-)

vCash
    Go Gao Go! I like her skating and wish best of luck for free skate.

vCash
    Very good peep talk. I think confidence is the problem with most of the American ladies. You know they all can probably hit those jumps on home ice. But doing it in competition is hard for some.

vCash
    Tough outing for Christina. Time to regroup and come back strong at Nationals. Maybe her LP needs some tinkering?

I'm not sure what was wrong today; she is usually pretty stable even when she is nervous. Is she injured? I heard her say something like "I really thought I could do it" in the K&C after the program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast