39 11.61%
  • Virtue & Moir

25 7.44%
  • Davis & White

132 39.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    In D&W's favor, they were the first to get all level 4s and they did it their first year senior. I have a feeling dance was becoming more technical, though, with or without D&W, once the old timers like Navka and Grushina retired. But they were the first so they get credit.
    I thought it was V-M, who get all levels for at 2007 WCh. But i was wrong
    D-W get all levels 4 at 2007 WCh, right?
    I think N-K had sp many votes againsy them only becasue D-W are americans.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I thought it was V-M, who get all levels for at 2007 WCh. But i was wrong
    D-W get all levels 4 at 2007 WCh, right?
    I think N-K had sp many votes againsy them only becasue D-W are americans.
    Re: last sentence. I couldn't stand N/K long before I had ever heard of D/W and I am no D/W uber.

vCash
    Davis/White too. Probably it will look different in two years (or probably not). But if I sum up their accomplishments, abilities, programs and range now, they seem a bit weaker than Navka/Kostomarov and and also Denkova/Staviski, Virtue/Moir. With others yet (like G/P, A/P and K/O), the difference is even more prominent.

vCash
    D/W were the first team to get all levell fours for their FD. They did so at NHK 2006.

V/M were the first team to get all the level fours in both the OD and FD. They did so at Worlds 2007.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    D/W were the first team to get all levell fours for their FD. They did so at NHK 2006.

V/M were the first team to get all the level fours in both the OD and FD. They did so at Worlds 2007.
    Thanks!

vCash
    I'm really surprised N&K are now ahead of the polls, though I'm hardly a fan with them.

I don't think D&W are at the level with the other teams here yet, although they certainly have the potential to improve in the next two years. I hope that D&W and V&M will really both push themselves in the coming two years, so we have a great rivalry ala G&P and K&O. These two teams are certainly talented enough for it.

vCash
    Bleh can we get rid of Anissina & Peizeret before Virtue & Moir please. Their skating was gimmicky.

vCash
    I think Virtue & Moir should outstay Annisina & Peizerat who they were technically stronger then, but based on the voting so far I think V&M will be fighting hard to outlast Denkova & Stayviski.

vCash
    I guess that for this round I'll have to commit to "Save Navka and Kostomarov" campaign.

This is one of my all time fav ODs. Awesome program with lots of style and sophistication. (And I love how they skate like a man and a woman rather then a couple of kids).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTu6U...feature=relmfu

Pink Panther is unforgettable. Great flow over the ice and good balance between technique and artistic impression. Sexy + cool + bits of humour = winner.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRztW...feature=relmfu

Super OD at the 05 Worlds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsoZxXcHMDI&feature=plcp

Their OD from 99 Worlds was just stunning. Unfortunately I couldn't find a video on youtube. Hope others can remember it as well. It was skated to a Brian Adams song.

Another performance of them that I love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtKT...eature=related

Hell, this piece of practice is ten times more interesting than most of the skating we're getting nowdays. :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iis4P...eature=related

vCash
    Save Navka!

vCash
    Ditch Kostamarov.

Of all the partners listed, he's generally the weakest.

Picture him doing the hokey pokey to Carmen and that alone is reason enough to send him off.

I liked exactly one program by this couple-their Ain't No Sunshine OD. So they are next worst for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Ditch Kostamarov.

Of all the partners listed, he's generally the weakest.

Picture him doing the hokey pokey to Carmen and that alone is reason enough to send him off.

I liked exactly one program by this couple-their Ain't No Sunshine OD. So they are next worst for me.
    I think if its were truth, he didnt skate in ice dance, but go to play hockey.

vCash
    Possibly

He's why I think it's N&K's turn to go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Possibly

He's why I think it's N&K's turn to go!
    I mean with his height if he is so bad skater, he could be a hockey player and made more money

vCash
    I think now, it's time for me to do Davis/White's campaign. I don't write here often because of my English, but I feel I really need to tell something now.
    Actually I'm really surprised and sad that so many people think D/W deserve to be eliminated now.

I think D/W really pushed ice dance to a new direction. Their lifts and twizzles are simply great, their speed is often I don't agree with those saying they're weak artisticaly. I think they can express drama perfectly and also that they can do many different styles well ( dramatical Samson and Dalilah or Eleanor Rigby, but also incredible Bollywood dance, their great Charleston OD or this years DF free dance are all so different.) In addition, they have two more years to show us new dances. When I compare them to N/K, I have impression it's N/K, who are artisticaly weak. Yes, Navka's great diva, but that's about it. I don't feel more connection between her and Kostomarov than I do between D/W. I have no impression there's a big difference between N/K skating Charleston, N/K skating Latin, N/K skating Pink Panther or N/K skating Carmen (btw. their Carmen is imo the worst OGM winning free dance). Maybe it's because all Navka's dresses are pretty much the same, only the colour change, maybe it's because their musical choices weren't very original and the choreography neither.Actually my prefered dance from N/K is the 2001 FD.

N/K have better lines for sur, otoh it's not Meryl's mistake she hasn't Navka's legs.

As it was mentioned before, it's not fair to compare N/K's or D/W's "domination" or medal number. Firstly, D/W didn't retire yet, also, it wasn't so difficult for N/K to be a diminant team imo...they were the first Russian couple, in the period right after Russia lost Olympic gold for the second time in history, the field wasn't so deep...And especially, I don't think having many gold medals means authomaticaly, you're better.

All in all, my vote goes to N/K, I think D/W deserve to stay a little bit longer.

PS: Pani, and maybe Russian fans vote for D/W so that N/K stay longer? And maybe V/M ubers vote for D/W so that V/M's main competition rivals are out of this pool? I don't say any of this is true, but many people won't be absolutely fair in those pools, so it's not necessary to write N/K have votes because D/W are Americans.

vCash
    N&K again. Once again, zzzzzzz. I could almost click on Davis and White instead, but they're just so much more interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sykr View Post

All in all, my vote goes to N/K, I think D/W deserve to stay a little bit longer.

PS: Pani, and maybe Russian fans vote for D/W so that N/K stay longer? And maybe V/M ubers vote for D/W so that V/M's main competition rivals are out of this pool? I don't say any of this is true, but many people won't be absolutely fair in those pools, so it's not necessary to write N/K have votes because D/W are Americans.
    You must be proud D-W will go later, then Delobel-Shonfelder and Domnina-Shabalin, who had in 100 time better basic, then D-W. So its great result for them. And now americans will vote and D-W could go to next round, because rivality between D-W and N-K is very close And who knows, maybe they even get over other teams.
    If D-W made new ice dance face, i could not like this face
    I think voting goes too long. It could go 2 days -why need to wait so long to go to the next round?

vCash
    Very close voting! If there is a tie, will we have a "Dance-Off"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sykr View Post
    I think D/W really pushed ice dance to a new direction. .
    Let me play the devils advocate and be provocative.

Davis & White pushed ice dance into a new direction... the one that a lot of people are complaining about? That a lot of people consider to be boring due to being emotionless? The direction that is turning away the casual viewers cause the programs tend to look all the same? The direction that gets us wondering if they can really hold a position for more than 3 seconds looking clean and perfectly matched?

Don't take me wrong cause I even like them and I've defended their athletic approach before.

vCash
    I'd take Voidy Pink Panther over Overused Bats any day of the week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast