I was going to try and pick a particular moment, but honestly, every second of this OD made me say WTF.
I always love about 98% of Kristi Yamaguchi's performances The rest of the 2% is such a huge WTF moment for me that it ruins the rest of the performance. Her arm movements in this bother me most of the way through.
I do love her Bridge Over Troubled Waters. I think that was the first one I truly enjoyed all the way through.
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot
One more...no "Four Seasons" program will ever hold a candle to this performance without Surya Bonaly's mind-blowing choreography in this section:
[QUOTE=Aussie Willy;3616388]And A&P doing Beethoven (or Beethowen according to the name of the clip). I don't care if she is lifting him, this lift sucks.
Yes this lift was poor for them but I really liked the FD even though it was the year they lost to FP/MM
yeah i would say surya bonaly four seasons program
I still can't believe this dance was performed in Vancouver where there was so much effort made by organizers to have positive representations of aboriginal art and civilization, only to have australian aboriginal dance spoofed by Linichuck.
The hair style in itself is worth a WTF moment though (I know it was fashion back then but still...)
I love love love that B&B program.
It's everything I love about them encapsulated in one program.
I also always loved how freaked out, sometimes to the point of hostility, their pro programs made some the American and Canadian commentators.
ETA How come this didn't make an appearance yet? The flapper seizures go a long way to explain "Let my people go"
Last edited by ioana; 07-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.