• Evgeni Plushenko

56 18.92%
  • Stéphane Lambiel

66 22.30%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

66 22.30%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I adore Kulik's skating but how did he outlast Chan?

Voted for Plushenko BTW.

vCash
    This men's results are not making me happy LOL.

Ilia Kulik: long overdue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Really, Patrick Chan was the best skater of this poll, in term of pure skating.
    Anyway, I voted for Ilia Kulik, another very good skater, but not as polished, and not as fulfilled.
    I agree. Best technically, best skating skills, best transitions and if anyone has seen him live they will know that his performance/execution, choreography and interpretation are all the best.

But oh well. Vote kulik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    I agree. Best technically, best skating skills, best transitions and if anyone has seen him live they will know that his performance/execution, choreography and interpretation are all the best.
    A lot of people who have seen Chan live disagree.

I didn't vote for him in the last round, but I think Chan gets a lot of credit for what he can do rather than what he does do. He makes quite a few mistakes for someone who's supposedly the best technically - and not just on his more difficult elements. Whereas Yags and Plush may not be the best in "pure skating" (whatever one takes it to mean) but they are incredible competitors and performers.

vCash
    The thing about Chan is that when he's on, he's amazing technically. It shows up well on TV because you can see that when he lands he never goes near the toe pick and how amazing his edge work. But he is Soooo boring to watch if you are actually watching te program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Was Lambiel really that much better than Takahashi?
    No.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

YEAH!
    vCash
    Was Lambiel really that much better than Takahashi? I adore them both-two of my very favorite skaters. But Dai is getting more begone votes! 'Splain that to me.
    Arguably, Lambiel has better spins, equally strong footwork and artistry, a higher Olympic medal, and an extra world title. But with that said, I think Lambiel is somewhat overrated. He had depth of edge but I actually found his posture lacking and found him unpolished at times. His jump technique is the worst of the guys left, because even his clean jumps usually were landed deep in the knee and looked like they had to be saved, and he had quite a few splatfasts. His 2005 Worlds LP might not have made the podium most other years (though to be fair his 2004 World LP could have won in 2008-2010), and his Olympic silver programs were very messy. Takahashi is not exactly the shining beacon of consistency either though.

vCash
    Can't believe Chan was voted off. Kulik should have gone last round.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Was Lambiel really that much better than Takahashi? I adore them both-two of my very favorite skaters. But Dai is getting more begone votes! 'Splain that to me.
    Probably not by much at this point. But at their respective athletic prime, I think Lambiel did produce more 2-quad programs INCLUDING the 3axel. And I really respect the fact that he was skating to COP style programs before the system was even implemented.
    Last edited by shine; 07-08-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Thanks to you guys for your opinions. I love both skaters so much...it distresses me for anyone to be voted out at this point. Of course, I have a fondness for all but Plushenko, but I have a great respect for Plushenko. I like Plushenko-I just don't love him like I love the others. But-he's a mighty force. I said it before-Yagudin versus Plushenko is going to be bloody.

vCash
    This is getting tough. I voted Ilia. Love his Olympic skates but he rarely skated his best like that.

vCash
    So dissapointed to see Stephane with so many votes. He is my favorite skater. I always hoped fans appreciated his skating more than the often stupid judges did, but perhaps not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    So dissapointed to see Stephane with so many votes. He is my favorite skater. I always hoped fans appreciated his skating more than the often stupid judges did, but perhaps not.
    He's my favourite too, but I'm honestly surprised that he has so FEW votes, even fewer than Plushenko I think he's one of the most widely appreciated skaters, and I'm actually not sure why you think the judges didn't like him. Judges loved him. He's always received rather generous scores when he didn't skate well.

vCash
    Voted Plushy again.

Not a big Kulik fan, but he was slightly better at his best than Plushenko at his best, IMO. Although I despised his Olympic FS, Kulik had better programs and more range than Plushy overall.

Kulik has really grown as a "pro" skater and has been doing some really surprising and innovative stuff too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    He's my favourite too, but I'm honestly surprised that he has so FEW votes, even fewer than Plushenko I think he's one of the most widely appreciated skaters, and I'm actually not sure why you think the judges didn't like him. Judges loved him. He's always received rather generous scores when he didn't skate well.
    Well for instance the common consensus was skating squeeky clean he had NO chance to get close to beating Plushenko in Turin even with quads and triple axels. Yet an average skater like Lysacek is allowed to beat a clean Plushenko with no quad? That to me seems like a joke, if Lysacek can beat a clean Plushenko with no quad, then Lambiel should have a chance to with no quad and no triple axel, after all Lambiel skating cleanly with nothing harder than a triple lutz should beat a quadless and clean Evan when you compare the two skaters. OK Plushenko was like half the skater he was in 2006 in 2010, he wasnt getting nearly as overmarked anymore either, Lysacek was being overmarked in 2010 due to being World Champ, Plushenko didnt even skate and especialy jump well for even his 2010 standards in his Olympic LP, but still you get the idea.

Also I look at Chan scoring over 200 points for a good LP, and Lambiel's stunning LP in the qualifying round at the 2005 Worlds get barely 150, and I know scoring inflation occurs over time but I still dont get it.

vCash
    Oh, this is terrible. I don't know who to vote for.

I won't vote for Plushenko and Yagudin because they should be the final two without question.

Ilia may not have the greatest competition record, but he has such a fine jump technique, and his skating was very interesting. I especially love his SP from the Olympic season. I just can't vote for Ilia.

Stephane loses something in my eyes because of the lack of 3A, but his spins so divine, and his artistry so magnificent...I don't know that I could vote for him.

I enjoy Daisuke's skating, he's fun to watch, he always gives his all, he has a wonderful feel for the music and great presentation, and how he's not a World Champion yet is unbelieveable...I don't know if I could vote for him.

This is very difficult. All such excellent skaters! All so talented! I may have to sit this one out, but I don't know if I could sit by and watch Ilia and his flawless technique get voted off...

vCash
    Plushy has so many votes :O I'm not a fan, but his record is impressive

vCash
    People seem more bothered by Stephane's lack of a triple axel than others lack of a quad, but a quad and no triple axel is more valuable points wise than no quad and a triple axel, which many of his main competitors (eg- Weir, Lysacek, Buttle, Oda much of his career) had. Stephane also has done numerous triple axels in his career, unlike those I mentioned who have maybe done 1 or 2 clean quads.

vCash
    I really hate this, but with his competitive record, it has to be Kulik. I so wish he'd stayed Olympic Eligible for the next cycle. He was only 20 when he won!
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

I enjoy Daisuke's skating, he's fun to watch, he always gives his all, he has a wonderful feel for the music and great presentation, and how he's not a World Champion yet is unbelieveable...I don't know if I could vote for him.
    Daisuke is the 2010 World Champion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast