Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    It would be disappointing to see her decide not to continue competition skating, like someone else, a purely selfish reason in that I really love her skating and what she does musically. Her SP last season was magnificent in terms of what she brought out with and did to that music.

But I can totally understand if she does decide to not continue.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Unofficial word is that she's too disappointed in her 8th place finish here to go on....

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84028

vCash
    ^

were u serious ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Unofficial word is that she's too disappointed in her 8th place finish here to go on....

When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post

I'm disappointed too !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    From reading that IN article it almost sounds like Miki is being roped into competing...

That doesn't sound like someone who is committed to returning to competition for the right reasons...
    Sad but probably true. I recall that Midori Ito very late in her career was also "forced" into competing again at Worlds, when she clearly appeared unhappy, uninspired, unmotivated, not in good form and obviously simply out there because she "had" to be for her country/ federation. That is why it was so wonderful to see Ito competing recently in the adult competitive ranks -- out there on the ice for the joy of it and for herself, and not carrying the burden of her country on her back.

Does the Japanese Fed think Suzuki's success is not enough, and that Mao's best days are over, and the up-and-comers are not ready?

ETA:
    I'm more interested in seeing Kostner continue in the eligible ranks than I am in seeing Yu Na and Miki make half-hearted efforts to come back for purely "Fed needs me to" reasons (and maybe in Yu Na's case for pride and to see if she can further her "legacy" and Queenly status by trying to win another Olympic gold medal). I don't think that what Yu Na and Miki do should deter Kostner from returning -- she really made so many strides artistically in the last few seasons. But perhaps the physical and technical demands Caro feels may be too taxing. Caro said she's interested theatre and opera -- she certainly has the looks and performance ability to wow on stage. Does Caro have a great singing voice too?
    Last edited by aftershocks; 07-07-2012 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post

ETA:
    I'm more interested in seeing Kostner continue in the eligible ranks than I am in seeing Yu Na and Miki make half-hearted efforts to come back for purely "Fed needs me to" reasons (and maybe in Yu Na's case for pride and to see if she can further her "legacy" and Queenly status by trying to win another Olympic gold medal). I don't think that what Yu Na and Miki do should deter Kostner from returning -- she really made so many strides artistically in the last few seasons. But perhaps the physical and technical demands Caro feels may be too taxing. Caro said she's interested theatre and opera -- she certainly has the looks and performance ability to wow on stage. Does Caro have a great singing voice too?
    well better yet she should try the big screen. Kostner has the looks, imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Caro said she's interested theatre and opera -- she certainly has the looks and performance ability to wow on stage. Does Caro have a great singing voice too?
    I don't think she intends to actually sing in opera, or even perform on stage at all. It's very probable that she plans to be involved with theatre and opera in other ways. She is also talking about drawing/painting and designing in that first article, so it could be that she wants do stage or even costume design.

vCash
    When she talks about opera I think she is mentioning this kind of stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM_BHC4hoPQ
    Last edited by DaiKozOda; 07-08-2012 at 02:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    When she talks about opera I think she is mentioning this kind of stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM_BHC4hoPQ

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    She by far has been my favorite lady actively competing in the eligible ranks since the conclusion of the 2010 season. Both in the 2011 and 2012 seasons, she was my gold medal favorite in every event she entered, so I will be extremely sad to see her leave competitive ice, but I do understand the temptation to do so if she feels she has accomplished all of her goals for herself. This sport is very taxing physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and these athletes do sacrifice so much of their lives and time to be a part of it. Whatever is in store for Caro, I sincerely wish her all the best and she has been a true pleasure and inspiration to watch over the years of her long career! I hope I will be able to indulge in watching many of her show programs in the years to come!

vCash
    Good for Caro pulling a "Jill Trenary" and leaving the sport on a high. Similar to Trenary back in 1990, Carolina knows that her technical difficult won't be enough by time of the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Good for Caro pulling a "Jill Trenary" and leaving the sport on a high. Similar to Trenary back in 1990, Carolina knows that her technical difficult won't be enough by time of the Olympics.
    IIRC, Jill was injured after her World title in 1990 and officially retired in October 1991.
    Anyway, I see what you mean. The difference is that it would have been difficult for Jill to qualify for the Olympics, considering the high level of girls in the US in 1991-1992.
    Although Carolina would probably have that spot for a 3rd Olympic experience

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Kostner and Marchei can be proud for earning Italy 3 spots next season.

If Carolina does in fact retire, maybe the Italian federation could bribe Silvia Fontana and Vanessa Vanessa Giunchi back into competition somehow.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Giunchi really rocked the hair band.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Still voting in the icenetwork "It's your move!" contest.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Truer words were never spoken.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    And that's all I'm saying. She has nice jumps, good speed and great energy...but her packaging is nothing short of a travesty. Awarding that kind of "choreography" and "interpretation" is going to run this sport right into the ground. That's why I was so appreciative of Carolina winning with two well done programs and also why I felt Akiko and Ashley should have placed higher.

Alena seems like a sweet girl and she's definitely talented, but her skating reminds me a lot of Irina Slutskaya. I respected the hell outta Irina for being a tough competitor, her longevity and her love of the sport...but her skating always left me feeling queasy too. I guess it's a matter of preference. I like the speed and power and all of that, but I prefer that ladies don't look like clunky unrefined tanks when they skate. That's just me though...
    Leonova's LP at Worlds lacked any type of personality whatsoever, and that spunk is exactly what her fans like about her. But the skate she put out there was dead artististally. She was so focused on the jumps that everything else suffered. She was lucky she held under the pressure and landed the jumps when it mattered because we've seen her tank when it really counted. And I was that she pulled it together at 2012 Worlds. Akiko with the silver and Ashley with the bronze would have been a much better (and more well rounded) podium.

Anywho, does anybody else think that Carolina is just thinking of taking one season off and go for the 2013-2014 season instead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Anywho, does anybody else think that Carolina is just thinking of taking one season off and go for the 2013-2014 season instead?
    As far as I can remember, Carolina has always said that if she retires, she wants to retire for real, and not come back after taking time off.

I think it will be either retirement or doing 2 full seasons till Sochi for her. I don't think she will do half-half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    That Schindler's List FS performance.... Amazing.

Shame she never managed to get the 3flip and 3lutz.

Akiko with the silver and Ashley with the bronze would have been a much better (and more well rounded) podium.
    I think that had Leonova's "programs" been judged appropriately on the PCS, that's what the podium would have been.

vCash
    Leonova's LP at Worlds lacked any type of personality whatsoever, and that spunk is exactly what her fans like about her. But the skate she put out there was dead artististally. She was so focused on the jumps that everything else suffered. She was lucky she held under the pressure and landed the jumps when it mattered because we've seen her tank when it really counted. And I was that she pulled it together at 2012 Worlds. Akiko with the silver and Ashley with the bronze would have been a much better (and more well rounded) podium.

I liked a no "LOL look at me" non-personality, drama LP from Leonova.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 07-08-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast