Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 07-23-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Remembering Nadia's 10

#4 in a countdown of Yahoo Sports memorable moments. I became a HUGE fan of Nadia in 1976. She was on the cover of the big 3 magazines in the same week - Time, Newsweek and Sports Illustrated, and I have them still.

Others in the countdown, and these are Americentric:

#6 Mary Lou Retton becomes America's sweetheart

#3 Kerri Strug's courageous vault

vCash
    Considering the time difference, is all of NBC's prime-time coverage of gymnastics going to be tape delayed? Wondering how much I need to avoid the internet beforehand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I'll ask again. Can we please remember there is a men's side to this too.
    Thanks for the reminder! Some of us are actually much more interested in men's gymnastics than women's gymnastics!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Considering the time difference, is all of NBC's prime-time coverage of gymnastics going to be tape delayed? Wondering how much I need to avoid the internet beforehand.
    I think everything will be tape delayed, you can watch online live if you have a cable package that includes MSNBC and certain channels. It is a shame but not sure how else they can do it with a time difference that doesn't give them much of a choice. I am going to be avoiding the internet like a freak for the womens AA since that is my first day to report to work.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think everything will be tape delayed, you can watch online live if you have a cable package that includes MSNBC and certain channels. It is a shame but not sure how else they can do it with a time difference that doesn't give them much of a choice. I am going to be avoiding the internet like a freak for the womens AA since that is my first day to report to work.
    Yeah, I don't blame them for the delay, I just wanted to make sure that was what was happening. I'm debating whether to watch online or watch it during prime-time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder! Some of us are actually much more interested in men's gymnastics than women's gymnastics!
    No one forbids you to talk about it. You might not get that many replies, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Yeah, I don't blame them for the delay, I just wanted to make sure that was what was happening. I'm debating whether to watch online or watch it during prime-time.
    I'm very back and forth on this. I can't watch online but I'm wondering if I want to follow twitter updates and stuff or avoid them like crazy and watch unspoiled.

We are totally capable of talking about the men's team. We went on for pages when they chose the team! And I totally posted about Sam's ankles the other day. There tends to be less to talk about with the men because they get less press.

vCash
    I like to be spoiled. It's much easier for my stomach to take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post

Exactly. I know I'll tell myself to avoid spoilers, but really the chances of me avoiding them are slim to none.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Exactly. I know I'll tell myself to avoid spoilers, but really the chances of me avoiding them are slim to none.
    Ditto. I'm going to spoil myself to high heaven.

vCash
    Spoil me. Please.

vCash
    I will be at the Individual All Around final, my first ever live gymnastics competition a good way to start I think!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alij View Post
    I will be at the Individual All Around final, my first ever live gymnastics competition a good way to start I think!
    Yeah, Go ahead, make us jealous.

Please send us lots of good reports too.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I used to watch unspoiled, but after awhile decided that me waiting and rooting for people when its televised later won't change a thing that happened (neither will it live, but I like to think so ). I'll be living on London time here in California for the gymnastics competition I hope many of my other fellow crazies will be in the threads with me It's all about the noon-4 powernaps with a 9-1am chaser. Thankfully I'm working from home atm and don't have to worry about anything but meeting certain deadlines (I'm a video editor).. Between work and school lately my schedule just might stay this way.

^ alij that is the ultimate time to start!! My first was Olympic Trials last month and I'll never forget the experience, soak it all in and give us on what it was like, have a great time.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am off starting August 1 so I think I can watch AA and EF live, but I will have to tape the team finals. I may try to get up for quals this weekend.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am off starting August 1 so I think I can watch AA and EF live, but I will have to tape the team finals. I may try to get up for quals this weekend.
    May?!?! What kind gymnastics fan are you? I'll be up at the crack of dawn with bells on to watch the prelims this weekend.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    The debate for me with spoilers is that, on the one hand, I really want to know what is happening as it is happening and be able to react then but on the other hand a) I should probably pay attention at work and b) it is so much more fun to find out what happens as you watch rather than via twitter.

vCash
    I like the tension of watching competitions unspoiled, even if they're delayed and the results are set in stone at that point. I think I may watch qualifying live and everything else delayed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast