Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2012 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, Aug. 3-5 in Anaheim, Calif.

The Senior Men's event will include the 4th-15th place finishers in Senior men at 2012 US Nationals -- Mahbanoozadeh, Razzano, Carriere, Messing, Aaron, Brown, Dyer, Cassar, Hochstein, Dornbush, Mroz, Alex Johnson -- plus Philip Warren (Jr. bronze medalist), Emmanuel Savary, Sean Rabbitt, Andrew Gonzales, Canadians Jeremy Ten and junior champ Mitchell Gordon, and Chris Caluza (PHI).

Senior Ladies include Mirai Nagasu, Courtney Hicks, Vanessa Lam, and Morgan Bell.
    (Like last year, Nagasu did "The Ice" tour in Japan and returned home to compete at Glacier Falls. She's listed for "The Ice" again this year (July 21-29) - thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83626 )

Junior Ladies include Mariah Bell, Polina Edmunds, Gwendolyn Prescott (these 3 are in USFS' International Selection Pool), plus the U.S. Novice top 3 medalists -- Karen Chen, Amber Glenn, Amanda Gelb -- along with Selena Zhao, Avery Kurtz, Katia Shpilband.

Junior Men include the following ISP skaters -- Nathan Chen, Lukas Kaugars, Jay Yostanto, Spencer Howe, Shotaro Omori -- plus Vincent Zhou and Jordan Moeller.

The event schedule and full roster aren't available online yet, but I will post when they are.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Excellent fields. This event has certainly passed Liberty on star power, that's for sure!

I wonder when/if Ashley Wagner plans to debut her programs before Champs. Camp and the Grand Prix. She competed here last year.

vCash
    So excited for Chen! Any word on the status of the 3a? I mean, he's barely 13, so it's not like I expect him to have it already, but he is a wunderkind, and he already has everything else, and in an article from back before Nationals, he said it was getting close in training, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did start attempting it this season either..

vCash
    Does anybody know if Mirai is keeping her programs from last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsnice12 View Post
    Does anybody know if Mirai is keeping her programs from last season?
    she has two new programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    Thanks for small (maybe not so small) miracles! I've been out of the loop for awhile. Who's choregraphing them?

vCash
    Cannot wait to see them

vCash
    Are you just guessing??

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    No, ChibiChibi is not "just guessing" and will share what he/she feels comfortable sharing. Thanks for that tidbit, ChibiChibi!

A JGP-eligible pair competing here is Jessica Pfund/AJ Reiss (which means they won't be at Indy Challenge the same weekend).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The tentative schedule for the Summer Classic is up (of course, it is always subject to change, if needed). Go to:

http://glacierfalls.com/summer-classic/

or

http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=18 (then click on "view online schedule" near the top, center)

All day event tickets are only $10 at the door. That's a pretty cheap seat for 21 Senior Men and 17 Senior Ladies!

Junior Ladies Short Program (38 entries) starts on THURSDAY (August 2) evening at 6:30 PM!!
    Last edited by crzesk8dad; 07-20-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Junior/Senior Ladies and Mens SP and FS events will be on IceNetwork, video-on-demand.

Go to following announcements:

http://glacierfalls.com/hot-topics/

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story...286&type=media
    Last edited by crzesk8dad; 07-24-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Wow! That's fantastic news!

vCash

vCash
    Awesome, thanks Glacier Falls and IceNetwork!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Junior/Senior Ladies and Mens SP and FS events will be on IceNetwork, video-on-demand.

Go to following announcements:

http://glacierfalls.com/hot-topics/

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story...286&type=media
    Will it be available to those of us outside the USA? IceNetwork usually isn't, or am I mixing it up with somewhere else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Will it be available to those of us outside the USA? IceNetwork usually isn't, or am I mixing it up with somewhere else?
    My understanding is that the "free" content is available, outside of the USA. But, you must register with IceNetwork to get the "free" content, but no fee is charged.

I will contact IN and verify and post the answer.

UPDATE: I HEARD BACK FROM ICENETWORK..THE ANSWER IS YES, VIEWERS OUTSIDE THE USA CAN WATCH. THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS THAT YOU REGISTER ON ICENETWORK.
    Regards.
    Last edited by crzesk8dad; 07-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    My understanding is that the "free" content is available, outside of the USA. But, you must register with IceNetwork to get the "free" content, but no fee is charged.

I will contact IN and verify and post the answer.

Regards.
    Oh, thankyou so much!

vCash
    Max Aaron has been added to the Senior Men line-up. 22 of 'em!

It's gonna be a wild event, next weekend!
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    UPDATE: I HEARD BACK FROM ICENETWORK..THE ANSWER IS YES, VIEWERS OUTSIDE THE USA CAN WATCH. THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS THAT YOU REGISTER ON ICENETWORK.
    Regards.
    Oh, thankyou so much. *runs off to register*

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I believe the Glacier Falls FSC hopes to post PDF files of results on their web site each day (club’s site seems to be down at the moment) – here are the results/scores from last night that I received for posting (skaters outside the SWP region are noted):

Junior Ladies SP A (13 competed on Thursday night):
    P Edmunds (CP) 58.24, S Zhao (NWP) 46.48, K Gaither (SW) 45.58, A Kurtz (SW) 44.39, A Glenn (SW) 40.78, A Fu (SW) 40.29, A Sarkisova 39.21, L Goetz (CP) 33.85, C Giese 32.86, M Craze (SW) 30.20, C Liao 27.62, H Dorman 26.90, J Cartwright 23.74

Junior Ladies SP B (13 competed on Thursday night):
    K Chen (CP) 56.05, M Bell (SW) 47.99, A Gelb 47.71, A Walker 42.70, K Shpilband (EGL) 39.43, G Prescott (CP) 37.68, Charmaine Au (NWP) 37.36, L Austman (CAN) 36.25, R Mendelson 32.90, L Campbell 32.53, C Untalan (SW) 31.30, K Yu (CP) 27.75, S Stupak (CAN) 27.20

ETA: I've heard that Douglas Razzano and Emmanuel Savary (Sr.) and Nathan Chen (Jr.) have since withdrawn, but both men's events should still be highly competitive. The packed Senior men's event at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic kicks off with the SP tonight!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-04-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast