Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2012 Thornhill (COS) Summer Skate, August 16-19

Scroll down to FIGURE SKATING BOUTIQUE SUMMER SKATE 2012: http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...tsresults.html

From the Announcement: "Access to online registration will cease at 11:59pm on July 18, 2012."

Entries as of July 4, 2012: http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...20July%204.pdf

SENIOR SHORT DANCE
    Dumas Mélissande Mackay Perry David CPA Laval Club De Patinage Des De...
    Ralph Kharis Hill Asher Scarboro FSC Scarboro FSC
    Aronow Alissandra Brubaker Collin (USA)
    Gilles Piper Poirier Paul Scarboro FSC Scarboro FSC

SENIOR FREE DANCE
    Dumas Mélissande Mackay Perry David CPA Laval Club De Patinage Des De...
    Aronow Alissandra Brubaker Collin (USA)
    Gilles Piper Poirier Paul Scarboro FSC Scarboro FSC

SENIOR MEN
    Yacobi‐Harris Raphael Toronto CS & CC
    Rogozine Andrei Richmond Hill FSC
    Davis Shaquille Richmond Hill FSC
    Armstrong Caden Toronto CS & CC

SENIOR WOMEN
    Daleman Gabrielle Hilltop SC
    Niemi Jessica Sudbury SC
    Masin Amanda Mariposa WC
    Cormier Gabrielle Anne Dieppe Gold Blades
    Cloutier Véronique Chapleau FSC
    Yan Christina Granite Club
    Tsui Samantha Toronto CS & CC
    McDonnell Cassandra Watford FSC
    Nishimura Eri Mariposa WC
    Laporte Marianne Sudbury SC
    Mutlu Giouzelin Woodbine WC
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-05-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    latest entry list posted as of yesterday
    http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...0July%2011.pdf

vCash
    Thanks for posting the link!

There were some new teams listed in the update. This information may already have been posted already elsewhere. If so, I apologize, and there are probably other new teams in the listing that I missed in the initial glance through the listing:

1. Christine Penkov/Simon Proulx-Senecal (junior dance) - He was skating with Josyane Cholette last season; they were 11th at Canadians. I don't have a record of who her partner was last season.
    2. Carina Glastris/Nicolas Lettner (junior dance) - He was sakting with Rebecca Nelles last season. They were 13th at Canadians. I don't have a record of her partner last season either.
    3. Julia Plechko/Alexendar Sheldrick (junior pairs) - He was skating with an American skater last season, I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    3. Julia Plechko/Alexendar Sheldrick (junior pairs) - He was skating with an American skater last season, I believe.
    Julia skated in novice pairs two years ago with Christopher Cowell, and Alexander skated with Kaitlin Budd last year for the US. He's too old for junior internationally.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    1. Christine Penkov/Simon Proulx-Senecal (junior dance) - He was skating with Josyane Cholette last season; they were 11th at Canadians. I don't have a record of who her partner was last season.
    You can check the Canadian Dance thread (Novice-Senior teams at 2012 Canadians are listed for handy reference): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82472

2. Carina Glastris/Nicolas Lettner (junior dance) - He was sakting with Rebecca Nelles last season. They were 13th at Canadians. I don't have a record of her partner last season either.
    Carina Glastris skated with Kevin Allison at 2012 U.S. Nationals -- they placed 14th in Senior Dance.

ETA that notable Senior Women now listed include Adriana DeSanctis, Alexandra Najarro, Gabrielle Daleman and Yuki Nishino (JPN).

Hopefully Skatebuzz will provide a live stream again this year.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-13-2012 at 03:18 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Christina Penkov previously skated with Christopher Mostert

vCash
    Final entry list is posted.

vCash
    Thank you for the information.
    Gorgeous entries!

I found the name Yuki Nishino in Senior Woman. It seems she decided to move up to senior (No JrGPS entry so far). Hope she'll have good performances here.

vCash
    Alexe Gilles is listed in senior ladies representing the Scarboro FSC, not as a foreign member like the other non-Canadian skaters. Does this mean that Alexe plans to switch to Canada like her sister?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Gilles must have been added since the last update. This could be interesting. I wonder when she could be eligible to compete for Canada?

vCash
    I don't want to sound harsh, but, the way Alexe's been skating recently she wouldn't be competitive in the US or Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Christina Penkov previously skated with Christopher Mostert
    He has made the switch from dance to pairs. He is registered for Novice pairs at Wildrose with Taylor LeClair who was 4th in pre-novice pairs with another partner at challenge.

vCash
    anyone else attending thornhill? i'll be there all day sunday.

vCash
    I will be there all 4 days as one of the official photographers

vCash
    Anyone know if this event will be streamed live like in previous years?

vCash
    Nobody seems to want to answer your questions about Skatebuzz LOL, and I can't. There have been rumours that it will be streamed, but I haven't seen definite confirmation. The rumours are that both BC Summerskate and Thornhill will be streamed. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

You can check the Skate Ustream site closer to the competition date. If the Wild Rose competition is any indication of what will happen, Thornhill and BC Summerskate should show up as an option on the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand side about one day before the competition starts.

To tide you over until then, you could try watching the Quebec Summer competition this weekend. Apparently it's being streamed; at least, it's showing up as a new option on the Skatebuzz site linked above. See the Quebec Summer (Championnats quebecois d'ete) thread for links and schedule.

vCash
    Thank you! Being a skating fan in August is always so difficult. So close, yet so far.

vCash
    Confirmation that Thornhill (along with BC Summer Skate) will be streamed next weekend.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Woah I just saw that the senior women's free is at 8:00 in the morning on Sunday? Wow I know I'm the Canadian ladies über but yikes!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast