Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2012 Indy Pairs Challenge, August 3-5

Host club site: http://www.iwsafsc.org/competitions.html
    Late entry deadline is Sunday, July 15, 2012.

SENIOR PAIRS registered so far:
    Donlan/Speroff (S4 at 2012 US Nationals), Castelli/Shnapir (S5), Zhang/Bartholomay (S8), Vise/Baldwin (S9), Bautista/Harris (S12, planning to represent PHI), Lawrence/Swiegers (CAN S3), Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (CAN S4), Steele/Schultz (CAN S5), Purdy/Marinaro (CAN S6), plus the new teams of Lindsay Davis/Mark Ladwig, Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth, Cassie Andrews/Nicholas Anderson (re-team), Tarah Kayne/Daniel O'Shea.

JUNIOR PAIRS registered so far:
    *Brianna de la Mora/Taylor Wilson (J8), *Olivia Oltmanns/Joshua Santillan (J9), *Audrey Goldberg/Joseph Dolkiewicz (J10), Cali Fujimoto/Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne (J11), Caitlin Fields/Jason Pacini (N2), Alexandria Shaughnessy/James Morgan (N3), *Christina Zaitsev/Ernie Utah Stevens (N4), *Caitlin Belt/Michael Johnson (4th at 2012 Youth Olympic Games), *AnnaMarie Pearce/Matej Silecky (new), Alyssa McDougal/Paul Schatz (new), *Brittany Jones/Ian Beharry CAN (new), Mary Orr/Anthony Furiano (CAN J3), *Shalena Rau/Phelan Simpson (CAN J4).

* = ISU Junior age-eligible this season (corrections welcomed)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-05-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quick question - aren't Jones/Beharry skating sr at Indy? She did SGP w old partner last season. Purdy/marinaro are still JGP eligible. What about Andrews/anderson? Is he too old?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    Quick question - aren't Jones/Beharry skating sr at Indy? She did SGP w old partner last season.
    Jones/Beharry are skating Junior at Indy - they're JGP age-eligible this season. Britney Simpson skated on the Senior Grand Prix with her former partner and returned to the JGP last season with her new partner - it's allowed as long as the team is ISU age-eligible.

Purdy/marinaro are still JGP eligible. What about Andrews/anderson? Is he too old?
    Yes, Cassie Andrews is 18 but Nick Anderson turned 21 in February and has aged out of ISU Junior.

Oops, I forgot to * Purdy/Marinaro in my list above - I knew they're planning to return to the JGP this season.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Does anyone know why Yankowskas / Reagan have decided not to attend?

I thought when they teamed, it was stated that they were looking to debut the SP and LP together at Indy Challenge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Does anyone know why Yankowskas / Reagan have decided not to attend?

I thought when they teamed, it was stated that they were looking to debut the SP and LP together at Indy Challenge

When I spoke to Caitlin's mom at Skate For Hope (mid-June), Indy Challenge wasn't part of the plan for Yankowskas/Reagan. They are debuting (perhaps one program) at Skate Detroit, I have heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes, Cassie Andrews is 18 but Nick Anderson turned 21 in February and has aged out of ISU Junior.
    Yes. Cassie competed the past two seasons with Tim LeDuc (3rd Junior 2011 2011 & World Jrs competitors, and 11th in Seniors at 2012 Nationals). Cassie and Nick attempted the 2010 season in Juniors but his injury took him out most of the season. Since he has "aged-out" of the junior GP and she has already competed in Seniors, there was no need to hang out in junior any longer.

Also, there is at least one more senior pair that is likely to enter the competition (more teams can through Sunday, July 15 w/ late fee). Can't drop names until they do -- don't pester me about it, just mentioning it since the number of senior teams may still grow. There are often quite a few late entries, which balance out those who split up or get injured before the competition.

vCash
    BTW, is anyone attending besides perhaps HeatherC and Aaron?

I'll be there. Volunteering for probably 40+ hours of competition/practice (All but Friday before 12:30ish)... because I have to be. If you're coming into town to spectate (or even support your own skaters/etc.), feel free to message me with any questions.

vCash
    I'll be there on the top row with HeatherC and Lutzcy. Aaron it will be great to see you again.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I'll be there on the top row with HeatherC and Lutzcy. Aaron it will be great to see you again.
    WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the crew there again this year! I all ready got that Friday off work and am currently working on my hotel reservation (geesh prices are high right now ). It looks like there will be a pretty solid roster again this time so I'm excited to see what the competition brings this year. I should be able to do some videos again as long as my camera and batteries hold out, LOL

And after it's all over each day, I get to go back to my hotel and watch the OLYMPICS on TV!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I will be there taking a few photos!

vCash

Smile Indianapolis

If anyone is planning to attend Indy Challenge, the Indiana State Fair opens on August 3. I love going to the fair. It's a fun place and time.http://www.in.gov/statefair/fair/index.html

See you in the top row, HeatherC and jkl!!! I'm trying to leave work early enough on Friday to at least see Sr shorts.
    I suddenly find myself older than I ever intended to be--Roxy Hart in "Chicago"

vCash
    Oh, the good 'ole State Fair. Yeehaw! I wonder what will be the trendy food this year... seems like bacon w/ ice cream is holding strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Host club site: http://www.iwsafsc.org/competitions.html
    Late entry deadline is Sunday, July 15, 2012.

SENIOR PAIRS registered so far:
    Donlan/Speroff (S4 at 2012 US Nationals), Castelli/Shnapir (S5), Zhang/Bartholomay (S8), Vise/Baldwin (S9), Bautista/Harris (S12, planning to represent PHI), Lawrence/Swiegers (CAN S3), Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (CAN S4), Steele/Schultz (CAN S5), Purdy/Marinaro (CAN S6), plus the new teams of Lindsay Davis/Mark Ladwig, Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth, Cassie Andrews/Nicholas Anderson (re-team), Tarah Kayne/Daniel O'Shea.

JUNIOR PAIRS registered so far:
    *Brianna de la Mora/Taylor Wilson (J8), *Olivia Oltmanns/Joshua Santillan (J9), *Audrey Goldberg/Joseph Dolkiewicz (J10), Cali Fujimoto/Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne (J11), Caitlin Fields/Jason Pacini (N2), Alexandria Shaughnessy/James Morgan (N3), *Christina Zaitsev/Ernie Utah Stevens (N4), *Caitlin Belt/Michael Johnson (4th at 2012 Youth Olympic Games), *AnnaMarie Pearce/Matej Silecky (new), Alyssa McDougal/Paul Schatz (new), *Brittany Jones/Ian Beharry CAN (new), Mary Orr/Anthony Furiano (CAN J3), *Shalena Rau/Phelan Simpson (CAN J4).

* = ISU Junior age-eligible this season (corrections welcomed)
    Don't see any of the Colorado Springs teams listed here. Are they coming?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Don't see any of the Colorado Springs teams listed here. Are they coming?
    I don't believe so. It appears that Meno/Sand's teams are electing to compete at the L.A. Open this weekend instead of Indy, and I heard that some of Dalilah Sappenfield's teams will be at Skate Detroit, while Duarte/Grafton are scheduled to compete at Liberty next week.

vCash
    When will we know the start time for Friday's competition?

vCash
    Scratch that -- the schedule is now live:

http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=314
    Last edited by Rochelle; 07-19-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: (Schedule is now live tonight)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Scratch that -- the schedule is now live:

http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=314
    Can someone who has EntryEeze access please publish the list of groups so that we can see all of the competitor names, especially for junior and senior events?

vCash
    Anyone can see the list (just have to know where to look ). Go to entryeeze and click on a coaches name. Indy has the schedule loaded, so you can simply click on the events that come up for that coach and you'll get the full list of competitors.

For example, I used the link you provided and selected "Coaches". From the drop down, I clicked on Jeremy Allen, then the "Pairs Short Program - Senior" and this is what popped up:

Pairs Short Program, Senior
    Event #
    Friday, August 03, 2012 1:15 PM American
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anderson, Nicholas Indiana World Skating Academy
    Moore-Towers, Kirsten Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club
    Moscovitch, Dylan Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club
    Schultz, Rob Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club
    Steele, Taylor Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club
    Ladwig, Mark Red River Valley FSC
    Purdy, Margaret Competitive Skating Centre of Strathroy
    Marinaro, Michael Competitive Skating Centre of Strathroy
    Lawrence, Paige Wawota F.S.C
    Zhang, Felicia SC of New York
    Davis, Lindsay All Year Figure Skating Club
    Swiegers, Rudi Wawota F.S.C
    Speroff, Andrew SC of Boston
    Harris, Tyler SC of Boston
    Castelli, Marissa SC of Boston
    Shnapir, Simon SC of Boston
    Donlan, Gretchen The SC of Boston
    O'Shea, Danny Skokie Valley Skating Club
    Baga, Kiri FSC of Bloomington
    Batholomay, Nate University of Delaware FSC
    Kayne, Tarah Southwest Florida FSC
    Vise, Tiffany Coyotes SC of AZ
    Baldwin, Don LAFSC
    Toth, Taylor SC of New York
    Andrews, Cassie Indiana World Skating Academy
    Bautista, Kloe SC of Boston
    LeDuc, Timothy Eastern Iowa Figure Skating Club
    Leng, DeeDee Robert Morris Univerisity FSC

I'd volunteer to do the other events, but I don't know the pairs teams that well and I'm off to bed .

vCash
    Sylvia listed most of the entries (above, first entry in this thread) for Junior and Senior events.

I believe the only two teams she is missing are:

DeeDee Leng / Tim LeDuc, who entered the Senior SP (only)

Dylan Conway/Dustin Clayton-Sheriff (CAN) - Junior SP & FS

There are also 8 Novice teams, 3 Intermediate, 7 Juvenile, 1 PreJuvenile, and 2 Open Adult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Anyone can see the list (just have to know where to look ). Go to entryeeze and click on a coaches name. Indy has the schedule loaded, so you can simply click on the events that come up for that coach and you'll get the full list of competitors.
    Thanks, this was very helpful. I notice that the coaches list has names of everyone who has been there in recent years, not just the ones coming this year. For example, Sappenfield, Oppegard, Meno and Sand are listed but they have no one coming this year.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast