Sorry, I can't delete the first version anymore. But I hope that I have explained it better than the first time .
What I am basically asking is to rate all these skaters skating skills wise. How do they compare to each other? The first 7 are the most important, the rest you can either include in your rating, or leave them out, if it's too much for you. I included them just out of curiosity.
1. Rate them in 10 points system. It can be very approximate. You can also try to place them from 1. to 7., or from 1. to 14, but only if you think that you can do it.
2. It would be wonderful if you could give at least a short explanation, but that's not absolutely necessary. Why did you rate those skaters the way you did? What are each skater's strong points and weak points? It would be interesting if you could write about that, but, again - not absolutely necessary.
Just no statements like "this or that gets/got such and such marks for his SS, so he is better/worse than this or that", or "he falls more often than others while just skating, so his skating skills are worse than this or that's".
3. You don't have to have seen all of those skaters live to rate. I know that some aspects of SS can be apprized just from watching on TV or video. But if you have some special live experiences, feel free to share them, be it a competition or a show performance. Also - those who watch exhibition performances from time to time, feel free to use also show skating as a basis for your evaluation, not just competition programs. It's not like skating skills are not needed in exhibition performances, even if they're not as complex as competition programs.
4. But don't rate based just on one competition or performance. I want this to be an evaluation of skater's overall skating skills.
4. If you suspect that this is a Patrick Chan glorification and promotion thread, then don't worry - it's not . I totally appreciate his skating skills and I even like him, but he is not one of my favourite skaters.
As now there's this 'Survivors' game going on, I chose the 7 most current skaters from Men's poll + 7 other current skaters. I didn't include youngsters like Hanya and Gachinski, because I wanted it to be mostly skaters who have skated together at one point or another (with some exceptions ). I didn't include Yagudin either, because he skated under a different system, but feel free to mention him.
I am asking this mostly out of curiosity. I am very far from expert when it comes to figure skating technique. At this point, I can tell a really good skater skating skills wise from a not so good, or an excellent skater from merely good. And if I pay really close attention to skater's feet while watching them skate, I can tell something about edges. But I rarely do that. Which means that at times I am still unsure about which out of two overall quite equal skaters is/was better. So, I decided to ask people who know better than me. I hope this will be somewhat helpful also to others who are still learning about skating.
I won't do this myself for reasons that I already mentioned, but I hope that at least some people will take part in this. I might do a similar thread about female skaters if this goes well.