100 37.45%
  • Virtue & Moir

25 9.36%
  • Davis & White

55 20.60%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    D-S had so many mistakes at 2006 OG.... I even think at 2006 WCh they were gift gold, because didnt show clean programs. But at the same time i think they must win gold at 2004 WCh and even if there FD in 2005 wasnt "everyone cup of tea" there skating quality were one of the best at that WCh.
    And in 2005 a lot of people thought Del-Sh must win FD.
    Please forgive my nonprofessional naivety but for me is hard to believe that @ 2006 WC, skaters from small figure skating federation were preferred over home favorites and the victory undeservedly was given to them on golden plate . Besides all top 6-7 teams were great competitors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Definitely.
    Also, I don't think that AP's MLK dance would have won gold unless Linichuk gave KO an aboriginal dance FD...
    I agree with you there. I'm sure K/O could produce something to top MLK. Even then, the Russian teams really seemed to get a score boost. If L/A could have a 5-4 split with A/P when a 5-4 split between L/A and D/V seems more appropriate, I'm sure K/O won't find it difficult to win gold in 2002.

vCash
    2006 Olympics

Denkova & Staviski made a mistake in the OD. Italians made a huge mistake in the OD. Canadians had a big fall. Opened up plenty of room for the Ukranians and Belbin & Agosto. The French had a great FD but it wasn't enough. PCs did the rest. And thus you got the same teams that medalled at 2005 worlds. And for some reason the judges were quite prepared to reward the Ukrainians.

vCash
    I really disliked Grushina and Goncharov's FD. It made me want to vomit. Anyway, I think that Davis and White should go, then DenStav/Navka and Kostomarov.

vCash
    Delobel and Schoenfelder have greatly over stayed their welcome, imo.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    The work of delobel&schoenfelder is far ahead of many of the teams remaining of this list (if not all). As a pure skating perspective they don't have anything to envy to any of these teams. They just lack the accolades of the others as they were never rewarded properly by the judges and were severely undermarked for most of their careers
    Anyway, the range of music, styles, voids, originality...is far ahead of everyone else on this list, save Grishuk and Platov perhaps
    ITA. They were so versatile-- one of those teams that could dance to pretty much any style of music.

Quote Originally Posted by casken
    I can understand people not loving Isabelle, but I always felt that Olivier was a unique talent and never really got enough recognition. He's probably my favorite individual ice dancer on this list ahead of even Grishuk, Platov, and Krylova. I *hated* the way the end of his career went down, especially with the kind of "Ok, thanks, bye!" reception they got at the Olympics. I also hate that the few times I've seen them skate as pros, they look like they barely skate together anymore, and she's not even in that good of shape. He's at least still great to watch. I'd rather he pull a Bourne and skate solo.
    I love and admire Olivier's skating, but I often don't think Isabelle got enough credit from fans and commentators. As amazing as Olivier's blades were, Isabelle kept up with him and complemented him perfectly. She may not have had the skinny, long-limbed look of other ice dance divas, but she was one of the best as far as skating skills, expression, and dance ability. She's similar to Jayne Torvill in that regard, imo.

Golden Waltz CD
    She certainly was capable of incredible elegance and lines.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

Looks like it'll be between D&W and N&K next round. N&K do have the better record so probably will stay. I hope DenSta outlast them, since I think they should have had N&K's 2004 title and they are just better quality.
    No and no. The only thing that Denkova/Staviski had that was better quality than Navka/Kostomarov when they were competing against each other was Albena's wedgie.

And Navka/Kostomarov never did anything as truly dreadful as "Bach to Africa".
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234