View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ilia Kulik

68 24.82%
  • Alexei Yagudin

9 3.28%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

26 9.49%
  • Stéphane Lambiel

39 14.23%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

43 15.69%
  • Patrick Chan

89 32.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think Kurt's not one of the LAST 12 men to win a world or Olympic title, since his last world title was in the early 90s.
    Oh thanks. Wow didn't realise it has been that long....sob! I still remember his Casablanca as one of the best Olympic Skates that stayed with me till this day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    No One Votes off the God.
    well oops ! , he has votes now
    that would have been unfair that Ultimate God Pluschenko gets votes but Yagudin doesn't.

vCash
    I love Ilia Kulik, his 1995 Euros LP, his fabulous choreography to Romeo&Juliet in 1997, and his very powerful 1998 SP. But compared to the others, he didn't have the same career.

vCash
    Voted for Plushy.

I respect his consistency and the fact that he collected a bunch of medals becuase of it, but the quality of overall skating is the weakest of everyone left, and he's been skating essentially the same horribly constructed programs for years with minimal development of his style. If anything, he become more rigid in his skating compared to when he first came on the scene in 97/98.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Takahashi should be out.
    Kulik had one of the most amazing jump technique and had audience drooling over his style.
    I'm not totally sold on Chan, but at least he has consistently bested Takahashi these couple of years.
    I never drooled over Kulik's style...I voted him off.

vCash
    Went for Kulik, wonderful skills but short eligible career and olympic gold is not such a big thing for me.
    My end game (subject to change)

Kulik (would have had him off before Lysacek and Stojko)
    Chan (don't get the hate for him....) / Takahashi (don't get the love for him...)
    Lambiel (just looking for an excuse to link to his cat exhbition number)
    Plushenko (I'm not a fan, but there's no denying his accomplishments)
    Yagudin (if there can be only one, he's it)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Voted for Plushy.

I respect his consistency and the fact that he collected a bunch of medals becuase of it, but the quality of overall skating is the weakest of everyone left, and he's been skating essentially the same horribly constructed programs for years with minimal development of his style. If anything, he become more rigid in his skating compared to when he first came on the scene in 97/98.
    ITA.. That's why I voted for him.. that, and crappy spins..

vCash
    Voted for Plushy.

I respect his consistency and the fact that he collected a bunch of medals becuase of it, but the quality of overall skating is the weakest of everyone left,
    Plushenko in his prime had weak skating skills? Really?

Chan not because he deserves to go but only because I love all the rest.
    And Kulik had too red chicks to vote out, I love his Adams family program also.

vCash
    Things are starting to get really difficult...

I guess it's obvious that I would never vote off Takahashi at the moment. Voting off Yagudin or Plushenko, for me, is out of question.
    That leaves me with 3 choices: Lambiel, Kulik and Chan.

Stephane: amazing natural talent with lots of style and charisma. His musicality was amazing. He was able to provoke excitement in the audience even when he had mistakes in landing the jumps. The most incredible man spinner that I've ever seen. Off course that I cannot forget about his issues with the triple axel. In terms of results, he got the silver in the Olympics and two deserved world titles. More than an athlete, Lambiel was a true artist.

Ilya: Incredible jumping technique. Powerful skater. There was something really cool about him that made him impress both women and men. I think he was an all round skater since he had the jumps, the spins, the steps and the artistry. A great thing about him was the versitility cause he could skate to Liebestraume or to "Mortal Kombat" soundtrack in a convincing way. He was perfect during the OG in 98 and won fair and square.

Patrick: Great skating skills. When he does the quad it looks just so awesome. His soft knee bend and pointed toes are admirable. In 2011, he won the world title in fashion. But... to me there's nothing emotional about his skating. I only watch him during the competitions and that's it. He doesn't give that will of rewatching his programes. To me that's the main problem with Chan. Hopefully he will mature more from an artistic point of view. He is really good but he hasn't conquered my heart (at least not yet).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Nope, not what I said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I wonder if you're talking about this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwO542dGDH4

vCash
    Voted for Plushy.

I agree that Plushenko became more rigid over time. I don't remember much about him from 97/98, but I know Plushenko at the 2002 Olympics was filled with passion and fire. In 2006, he was technically better, but just looked bored/going through the motions. Same with 2010. However, at Euros last year in his Tango de Roxanne program I did see some of the old spirit that's been missing for a long time.

vCash
    Patrick's not my favorite skater, but voting him off now over all the others? Really??
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    no one voted for False God Yagudin ?
    I will vote for him next

vCash
    I voted Kulik because really the only thing he had going was a OGM. Otherwise not a really outstanding record.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Stephane: amazing natural talent with lots of style and charisma. His musicality was amazing. He was able to provoke excitement in the audience even when he had mistakes in landing the jumps. ............More than an athlete, Lambiel was a true artist.
    'Is', not 'was' . He is even more an artist now than he was when he competed, and his musicality has become even better. And he still excites audiences even with mistakes. But I understand you - this is about skater's competitive careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post

Chan not because he deserves to go but only because I love all the rest.
    And Kulik had too red chicks to vote out, I love his Adams family program also.
    Skating skills never mattered that much during his prime years. He had efficient stroking, I guess. But singles skaters really didn't need to know much beyond the three turns to do well in competitions. That may be exaggeration, but you get the idea. Skaters in the era didn't have a chance to be put to test concerning their skating skills because the demands were so different. There's no denying of their accomplishments, but as far as the skating goes, both Plushenko and Yagudin are overrated IMO.

vCash
    I've never really given two sh*ts about audience connection and emotion and it's nice to finally see someone besides an ice dancer actually pointing their toes, so I am not voting out Chan just yet.

vCash
    I'm a Chan uber through and through, but I would have a hard time voting Yagudin, Plushenko, Takahashi or Lambiel out before him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast