Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Perhaps the site really is not done yet...otherwise I can't see why at least CoR wouldn't be one the schedule.

I've never understood why V&M opted out of having PR. It's not that they had bad PR: they had no PR.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    It's interesting under "Schedule", only SC is listed. No CoR or any other competition.
    CNE isn't listed either. I think Doris is probably correct that it's still a work in progress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Perhaps the site really is not done yet...otherwise I can't see why at least CoR wouldn't be one the schedule.

I've never understood why V&M opted out of having PR. It's not that they had bad PR: they had no PR.
    With a hometown worlds and an upcoming olympics they plan to compete in as reigning olympic champions, it is now or never for them to gain popularity/truly profit off their successes. Look at the deals Belbin/Agosto got prior to Vancouver...

vCash
    CoR is listed, as is Canadians. Their results from 11 GPF are also listed.

vCash
    Must have just been added then because they weren't there about an hour ago!

vCash
    Isn't CoR officially known as the "Rostelecom Cup"? You'd think if the site is truly professional, they'd call it by its official name, rather than CoR. To show that they recognize sponsors, etc....

ETA: I also noticed that Trophee Eric Bompard is misspelled. Really now, if you would like to gain and keep sponsors, you shouldn't make mistakes like that on your webpage. I'm not blaming V/M -- their management should be on top of this, though.

vCash
    Maybe CoR now stands for Cup of Rostelcom

Anyway, thanks Shayii for posting that link.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Maybe CoR now stands for Cup of Rostelcom
    Then they should put that down, instead of listing it as the "Cup of Russia Grand Prix."

vCash
    site didnt work again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Isn't CoR officially known as the "Rostelecom Cup"? You'd think if the site is truly professional, they'd call it by its official name, rather than CoR. To show that they recognize sponsors, etc....

ETA: I also noticed that Trophee Eric Bompard is misspelled. Really now, if you would like to gain and keep sponsors, you shouldn't make mistakes like that on your webpage. I'm not blaming V/M -- their management should be on top of this, though.
    Since when does Eric Bompard sponsor V&M?

Seems to me like the site is a work-in-progress. The bio page this morning had something like "They are currently ranked 3rd in the world" as the final sentence in the paragraph. That has now been deleted.

vCash
    That has now been deleted.
    Site work for you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Site work for you?
    It works fine for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    It works fine for me.
    Werid....

vCash
    This is semantics. Cup of Russia Grand Prix vs. Rostelecom Cup. I mean really, who cares? Do V&M sign a contract with the ISU stipulating that they will recognize sponsors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

I wonder if it's because David Pelletier acted as their agent for awhile and he knows nothing about it. Before that they had some NHL hockey agent. This IMG guy appears to be a golf guy. Wonder how much he knows about skating?

vCash
    V/M's PR hasn't really been bad, but I think it can be handled much better than it has been.
    You don't think it's been bad? I think their PR has been terrible.

Putting up a new website with great fanfare right after the Olympics, then proceeding to ignore it, never update it and finally let it completely die is pretty bad, especially considering they are Olympic champions.

Let's see if this new manager does the trick.
    It will be interesting to see if this time things are handled more professionally than last time.

Tessa and Scott have such wonderful charisma. A good PR team should be able to do awesome things with/for them.

vCash
    Do we know what happened to the Roots deal? It just kind of... disappeared. Seems to go hand in hand with the very poor (non-existent?) handling of their public image.

vCash
    This is semantics. Cup of Russia Grand Prix vs. Rostelecom Cup. I mean really, who cares? Do V&M sign a contract with the ISU stipulating that they will recognize sponsors?

Of course Eric Bompard doesn't sponsor V/M, neither does Rostelecom. My point is that a website is like a resume/ad for the team. If I'm a company looking to sponsor someone, I'd want to make sure I pick someone with a professional team who is going to handle my money right. V/M as athletes are certainly doing their part by winning medals, but their PR team has got to be on top of all the other parts of their image. If they misspell things like "Eric Bompard" or forget that Cup of Russia is really Rostelecom, how do I know they won't misspell my corporate name on some V/M flyer I'm paying good money for?

vCash
    Bad PR? Who are these people? Mike Tyson? Relax. I don't see the big deal with the website either. I bet they don't even care about having one, and that's perfectly fine to me.

vCash
    I think we should cut them a bit of slack. At least now they are taking the initiative and it's still a work in progress (it's funny to me cuz I can't help imagining that somebody is reading this thread and making adjustments based on comments).

And I love the Virtue Moir logo.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast