vCash

NEW video with Shizuka Arakawa

This is the new version of my video with Shizuka's triple-triple(-triple) combinations.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh5jVTphM3I

I love how it goes from simple triple 3T-3T to 3S-3T-3Lo. Even though many of them are underrotated the video shows how superior Shizuka was technically.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I know it took some time and effort to compose that video. Thanks for sharing. I always appreciated the fact that Shizuka's technical abilities were pretty sharp. The quality shows the majority of the time with the triple combinations (even with the underrotated triples).
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I know it took some time and effort to compose that video. Thanks for sharing. I always appreciated the fact that Shizuka's technical abilities were pretty sharp. The quality shows the majority of the time with the triple combinations (even with the underrotated triples).
    You're welcome! This is probably my favourite triple-triples video.

vCash
    The fact that she could still do lutz/loop and toe/toe combos as recently as 2010 suggests she could have stayed on and perhaps won a few more world titles. She probably could still be competitive today. She's only gotten better.

vCash
    I miss Shizuka . Her 3-3s and ina bauer were breathtaking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I miss Shizuka . Her 3-3s and ina bauer were breathtaking!
    She still landed 3-3 in a show this summer. (The person who told me that didn't tell what kind though.) She still keeps that long and spectacular ina bauer and her flow, speed and magnificent ice coverage are still there. She hasn't lost her flexbility in spirals and spins, although a little slower than she did during the days she was competing. But people say with a little brush up, she could still compete.