Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    tiffany vise has a baby?

My Little Pony and ...

Garden Kitty...It is Tiffany Scott, not Tiffany Vise. ;-)
    http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/gal...nt_id=35828488
    Last edited by B.Cooper; 08-03-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Read additional IN blog

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Oops, sorry. I corrected the original post to minimize confusion.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    I heard it wasn't so much which team, but which venue - they didn't want to travel to Glasgow.
    They don't have enough pitches in england to play on? Yikes and people thought Vancouver and whistler were far apart!!

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    A question I have is why does NBC think we care about which athlete has the most followers on twitter? I could so do without all the social media segments on the broadcast and actually focus more on the actual coverage of the sporting events. This is the Olympics after all! If I wanted the inside on social media, I would turn on E! Network or Entertainment Tonight.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I think a lot of folk are watching a different NBC feed than I am. Just haven't seen frenzy about medal tables or social media talked about except in passing.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    silly nytimes article about Olys in NYC.

I actually lost my job because we didn't get the bid. Me me me.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    A question I have is why does NBC think we care about which athlete has the most followers on twitter?
    Becaue NBC and Twitter have a partnership for Olympic coverage

I could so do without all the social media segments on the broadcast and actually focus more on the actual coverage of the sporting events. This is the Olympics after all! If I wanted the inside on social media, I would turn on E! Network or Entertainment Tonight.

Or...crazy idea, I know....anyone interested in social media could go to Twitter or Facebook or wherever and read the messages for themselves

Really, why does Ryan Seacrest have to read the messages aloud while they are projected on the big screen behind him? Unless the audience is illiterate or deaf, I don't see this adding much to anyone's understanding or appreciation of the event.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Aww, I loved it during the 2010 Games when CTV showed the YT clip of a montage of Scott Hamilton grunting and groaning. And then the CTV commentators started imitating Scott Hamilton grunting and groaning.

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    I don't mean to keep commenting on your pics but that is gorgeous.

vCash
    Wow, I just read an article that said Gabby Douglas is projected to rake in almost $100 million in endorsements over the next decade. I can only imagine it would go up if she stays in and wins more national and world medals. Considering her mom worked three jobs at one point, I am so happy for her and her family.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    OK, this is about a week too late, but it's Vanity Fair's funny, snarky take on the Opening Ceremonies (including a focus on things that really matter like who were the hottest flag bearers)

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    OK, this is about a week too late, but it's Vanity Fair's funny, snarky take on the Opening Ceremonies (including a focus on things that really matter like who were the hottest flag bearers)
    And they have links to reviews of the first 4 days of Olys .. hilarious (e.g., "I don’t know if it’s makeup or beau-tox, but the only way Costas could look any younger is going the way of Mrs. Doubtfire and a freshly iced cake" )

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Wow, I just read an article that said Gabby Douglas is projected to rake in almost $100 million in endorsements over the next decade. I can only imagine it would go up if she stays in and wins more national and world medals. Considering her mom worked three jobs at one point, I am so happy for her and her family.
    As much as I like her, I would be very surprised if this amount is realistic. That would be a huge amount of endorsements for an athlete in any sport, and I'm not sure gymnastics is popular enough as a sport for a winner, even an Olympic gold medalist, to draw that sort of money.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    I think they got a little zero happy. 1 million? Sure 10 million -- maybe, but it seems unlikely.100 million? not gonna happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    And they have links to reviews of the first 4 days of Olys .. hilarious (e.g., "I don’t know if it’s makeup or beau-tox, but the only way Costas could look any younger is going the way of Mrs. Doubtfire and a freshly iced cake" )
    I liked this little nugget about the team gymnastics final:
    Next up, McKayla Maroney (who has possibly been doping on helium) begins her run toward the vault. Her tiny body catapults off the vaulting horse and launches so far up into the air she can actually high-five Missy Franklin’s parents. Her air time lasted just about three seconds, but when she landed, her feet hit the ground like concrete blocks and did not move. It was insanity. She’s a teenage stealth missile created by the government to beat Russia. While I couldn’t find any room for error in her vault—even after watching it in super slow motion—the judges still deducted a little bit because their entire lives exist to ruin the dreams of little girls.

vCash
    Yeah, I've seen the 10 million number thrown around. Not quite 100 million

vCash
    Wacky Olympic Athletes' Endorsement Deals

One has a speedskater endorsing cigarettes and Mark Spitz endorsing Botox.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast