Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    "We were getting rather frustrated with Transport for London at one point and discussed internally trying to get on a bus with a coffin."

- London funeral director John Cribb expresses frustration at the special road lanes set aside for Olympic vehicles.

vCash
    I didn't see this on here, so thought I would post: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...2501--oly.html

NBC had posted a video on their website that was supposed to be celebrating the women's success in London. It got pulled because it was perceived as objectifying women. After watching it, I see what they meant. It was definitely a for me. I'm starting to wonder who runs NBC? Well, at least this wasn't actually shown on the network.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hirshey girl View Post
    I'm starting to wonder who runs NBC?
    I don't know either but I'd guess frat boys.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    I don't know either but I'd guess frat boys.
    I'm guessing the frat boys are in a lower department. Not only was the video pulled, but i can't imagine frat boys subjecting us to unlimited fluff pieces and endless footage of parent's reactions. NBC will be able to win some Emmy or something for least actual athletics shown during a sports telecast.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I didn't see this on here, so thought I would post: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...52501--oly.htm
    Wow.

I watched that video just after my daughter had posted a link to Keep Her In the Game on her Facebook page.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    I'm guessing the frat boys are in a lower department. Not only was the video pulled, but i can't imagine frat boys subjecting us to unlimited fluff pieces and endless footage of parent's reactions.
    Maybe not the fluff but I can see them playing up the parent's reactions. After all they're still their parent's little darlings.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash

vCash
    You know I think if them almost as tweens when they are competing as they look so young. But when they are in street clothes with their hair down they are a group of lovely, young women. I can't get over how much older they look in the pics---or maybe how much younger they look in competition.

vCash
    I didn't see this on here, so thought I would post: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...2501--oly.html

NBC had posted a video on their website that was supposed to be celebrating the women's success in London. It got pulled because it was perceived as objectifying women. After watching it, I see what they meant. It was definitely a for me. I'm starting to wonder who runs NBC? Well, at least this wasn't actually shown on the network.
    Where are the women weightlifters and boxers?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Too funny. USA gymnasts have fun with the not impressed meme. http://chzdailywhat.files.wordpress....of-the-day.jpg

vCash
    Top 10 Viral Videos during the Olympic games according to UK's Guardian Newspaper. Enjoy!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/pda/...-chart-10-best

vCash
    ^^ But how can they all be viral if I've only heard of a few of those before that article?

vCash
    And McKayla has a little fun with here own meme (with a little help from Aly and Kyla):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1768928.html
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    I was wondering when talk of reality shows starring Olympic athletes would start. Here is a link to the article I saw. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08...ps/?hpt=hp_bn9

Can't you see Lochte on the Bachelor? Or The Amazing Race? Or DWTS? I would love to see something that forces athletes to learn something that is very different from their regular sport -- swimmers & gymnasts trading places, for instance. I would also like a coaching show -- how to train an Olympic athlete (not someone that is overweight or "normal") both physically and mentally. I thought that the limited interviews with Phelps' coach were interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    I was wondering when talk of reality shows starring Olympic athletes would start. Here is a link to the article I saw. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08...ps/?hpt=hp_bn9

Can't you see Lochte on the Bachelor? Or The Amazing Race? Or DWTS? I would love to see something that forces athletes to learn something that is very different from their regular sport -- swimmers & gymnasts trading places, for instance. I would also like a coaching show -- how to train an Olympic athlete (not someone that is overweight or "normal") both physically and mentally. I thought that the limited interviews with Phelps' coach were interesting.
    CTV has a series of fluff pieces called "The Experts" where medalists from previous games learn one of the summer Olympic sports with a current Canadian competitor. Rower Marnie McBean tried Heptathalon, Hockey players tried Syncro Swimming and Bobsledders tried Mountain Biking on the ones I've seen.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i can totally see lochte as the bachelor. it's not a compliment but i can see it.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Athletes playing tourists in London

“For the first week we in the bubble of the village and didn’t really go out at all,” said Tamayo. “It’s easy to forget that you now need to take all your personal things again. When I went out I realized I was on the Tube and didn’t have any credit cards or ID on me except my accreditation.”
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    How is this not on the viral video list?
    Best video ever http://www.mostwatchedtoday.com/iris...ng-commentary/

(Also- were those Olympic rings in the village made with "climb me" in mind?)

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I was just looking at allezfred's medal table and was wondering how it compared to the Winter Olympic's table. It's interesting that Canada, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland are all in a cluster in the 30's for the Summer Olympics and 1,4,6,and 7 in the Winter.

Poor Austria! 16 medals from the Winter Olympics and none in the summer. I was so surprised not to see the name on allezfred's list that I had to google it to make sure it was true. It makes me feel better about our medal count now.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast