Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    One more thought before I tune out of BB for the night:

IMHO, Shane and Willie need to wake up by Thursday and realize that keeping Frank around helps their game as by adding another strong male to the mix spreads the target around. I guess we'll see in the coming days if they flip back to keeping Frank over Kara.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Yes. Joe is incredibly annoying. Especially since he is a diary room yeller. I hate that.
    I need BB to keep him out of the DR until he remembers there are microphones in there and doesn't need to yell out all his words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Ian took Britney's advice and asked Ashley out on a date; we didn't see the actual asking as Grodner went to fishes so no idea how awkward it was but on a scale of 1 to 10, I guessing it was a 9 in awkwardness.
    Thanks for this tidbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Ian's walk around the house was hysterical.
    It really was. I see why Mike gave him the exemption. He doesn't seem to have any social game.

I wonder if the idea of nominating Danielle and Kara ever came up? Weaken Dan's team by guaranteeing he gets down to one player with one of them leaving.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    I couldn't agree more. There's not too many people that I can say I can't stand, but I can't stand Boogie and never could in any season for so many reasons. I even hate that his name is "Mike Boogie".
    Unfortunately his ego is impenetrable. If his team is targeted it's because he personally is such a huge threat, and if they win it's because he's such a great coach. When he sees the popularity polls, he'll tell himself and the world it's because everyone knows he's such a great competitor and are threatened by his celebrity.

vCash
    There are some cracks in the Janelle/Britney team alliance forming. Be interesting to see how the next few days go. If Joe's lie gets sniffed out by Boggie & Frank, there could be fireworks. I think Willie is starting to see that Frank staying helps him so we'll see if he can find 2 votes out of Shane/JoJo/Wil/Joe/Ashley to send Kara home.

I only read the recap of the big Ashley/Ian date but it seems like it was ok, but then Ashley ran to everyone after it was over to trash him behind his back which is pretty weak, IMHO. He's just an awkward kid. If Ashley has a true showmance, it will end up being with Willie. And her past of being in a S&M video is starting to make the rounds of the various boards. Gotta have one peron with a big skeleton in every cast!

vCash
    Its looking like Kara is still the target of Willie/Britney so as of right now, she's going home. Jannelle did tell Dan last night that the votes just aren't there right now to save Kara.

Dan has his work cut out over the 2+ days to see if he can get the needed votes. His problem is that he needs four people and Boogie only needs two people out of the Jani/Brit team of Wil/Joe/Ashley/JoJo/Shane. And since JoJo and Ashley have recently made a final 3 alliance with Willie I can't see them going against his wishes this early in the game so that's the two votes right there that Boogie needs to save Frank.

All of this goes back to Dan deciding to throw the Mentors competition thus giving Boogie the win and allowing him to save Ian, Willie's main target.

Now since Britney and Willie have drunk the paranoid kool aid big time, of course all of this could change!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    All of this goes back to Dan deciding to throw the Mentors competition thus giving Boogie the win and allowing him to save Ian, Willie's main target.
    Yea, Dan kinda screwed his team there, big time. He first picked 3 girls who don't pose a physical threat, then he threw the coach comp. He's spent so much effort trying not to become a target and his strategy so far has totally failed. It was funny listening to Britney talking about what a smart game he has played and how dangerous he is, when in actuality he has played the worst game by far. Of course, in another season this strategy might have worked. But his girls have totally failed thus far in making any kind of actual alliance and even Kara who should have Wil on her side has told him that she doesn't really expect his help. Also, Brit was talking about Frank "going psycho" and making deals all over the house, but so far it seems to be working. Until/unless Willie gets caught- he has Jojo and Ashley on his side with one alliance, and Joe/Frank in the other alliance, whilst also secretly working with Boogie to keep Jen and Ian's votes, and Shane will also vote with him and Jojo for now, and then Janelle is working with Britney so there's Wil's vote too. If all these people start talking, then Willie will be a huge target, but currently he's in a great position if they don't. At this point we're just waiting for Thursday to see who the next HoH is - next week's noms should be interesting. If Kara goes this week, I'm thinking Danielle will be the easy nom for next week because that would ruffle no feathers. The other person is more interesting...

If the following people win HOH-

Wil- I guess would choose from Ian, Jen, Danielle, and Frank

Danielle- no idea, she'd have to start making some deals. She basically needs this HOH to get some political power or she's toast

Shane and Jojo- might nom both Ian and Jen if Willie talks them into keeping Frank.

Ashley- is or seems to be keeping Ian, Willie and Jojo safe and doesn't have a reason to go after Shane who is voting with Willie and Jojo for now. Obv she won't go after Wil or Joe from her own team at this point- so that leaves Danielle/Frank/Jen as her likely picks?

Joe- with his boys alliance and his team of Ash and Wil, and going after Jojo makes no sense- he prob would target Ian and Jen.

Ian- I think he would be very interesting as HoH- he would likely protect Jen and Frank and Ashley, but after that its a crapshoot and he would have to start wheeling and dealing. I'm sure his logical science mind would consider all the options and I see him waffling back and forth a lot and driving everyone crazy.

Jen- no idea- protect Frank and Ian and make some deals.
    Last edited by haribobo; 07-17-2012 at 03:07 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Oddly, it appears Dan has also told Kara to lay low and not talk to anyone.

Willie is playing too hard too fast - my bet is that he will be nominated sooner than later, and then we'll see if all his work now pays off to keep him in the game.

vCash
    I got caught up last night with both of the episodes so far. I'm not really a fan of the coaching twist. Once again, airtime is completely hogged by the returnees, and in this case, it seems that the game (at least the edited version CBS is giving us) is very much between the coaches rather than the actual new players.

I had thought that once one coach was down a person, they'd be an easy target to gang up against as it'd mean a few extra weeks of safety for the others. Looks like that's what's going to happen to Dan. Probably not the way that Grodner thought things would shake out. I wouldn't be surprised if she whips something up where once a mentor loses all of their team, they get to enter the regular game, or something ridiculous and unfair like that.

Not subscribing to the feeds this time around.. budget is tight with a possible move at the end of the year, and there's going to be 2 weeks where I won't be following because of the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I got caught up last night with both of the episodes so far. I'm not really a fan of the coaching twist. Once again, airtime is completely hogged by the returnees, and in this case, it seems that the game (at least the edited version CBS is giving us) is very much between the coaches rather than the actual new players.
    It does look that way from the first 2 episodes but in reality Brit has basically lost control of Willie and Frank is doing some things without the help of Boogie, and Jojo and Ash have made some moves on their own as well as Joe. They just have to give the returnees a lot of airtime at the beginning cause they want to draw in the fans of the legends while slowly introducing the newbies to us. I think in the next few episodes we will see a lot more of the new guys cause that's where the story is now. But the coaches are all definitely good tv and will always be shown to some degree. The coaches all seem to be at a point lately where they feel like they have almost no control of the game.

vCash
    Britney did say on the feeds the other day how hard it is to be away from her husband but the chance to win $500,000 is worth it; Wil said "you mean $100,000" and all she said back was hmmmm. And Janelle has dropped some hints about being a player so either:

1. The coaches will come into the game sooner than later and Britney & Janelle know this or

2. Britney and Janelle are mistaken and they won't be full time players

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think Britney and Janelle are just experienced enough to realize that a) this scenario can't last and b) BB changes the game whenever it feels like it, so anything could happen. I don't think they know anything as much as they suspect, and might have been given hints of the possibilities when they signed up.

If the coaches enter the game, I don't call that unfair at all. It's season 14 after all - if the other players aren't expecting the unexpected they shouldn't be there. They too must realize that the present scenario can't last until the end either. Sudden game changers and special powers have always been part of this game. Same as Survivor - all the players know that there will likely be team switchups and a merge, and they plan for it.

Also, I don't think that the vets are getting all the air time - I think it just feels that way because those are the players we know best. So far Willie, Ian and Joe have had a ton of air time, and we've had a lot of DR from Jenn too, and it's only been two eps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    If the coaches enter the game, I don't call that unfair at all. It's season 14 after all - if the other players aren't expecting the unexpected they shouldn't be there.
    But is it fair (if this happens) that the coaches basically get a free ride for the first several weeks into the game? No.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    But is it fair (if this happens) that the coaches basically get a free ride for the first several weeks into the game? No.
    Well you and I disagree on the advantages and disadvantages of being a returnee but this is not unprecedented. Last year several players got immunity for the first few weeks because their partners were voted out, and IIRC, Survivor has also given immunity on some occasions to people that are at a distinct disadvantage, ie Stephanie merging her tribe of one, people coming back from RI. Ian got it this week for doing nothing, and other players have got it from America.

At the moment the coaches can't play for HOH and they can't vote, so they're not getting a completely free ride.

vCash
    Who ever said Big Brother was fair? It has always been a twisty ride.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    They all just had a no-coaches meeting, in which it sound like Willie led the way (he called it) in encouraging everyone to play their own game instead of listening to their coaches. He and Brit had a talk last night about the possibility of coaches joining the game as players, and so Willie wants to make sure that everyone sees that they are out for themselves, not the newbies.

Brit apparently has been asking to see her contract; Boogie says the most important line is the last one, basically anything can happen; Janelle says that her contracts says mentors/coaches will not be let into the game. So anyone's guess

vCash
    I went to bed early last night so I missed the fight between Frank and Willie.

Stupid Frank for not keeping his mouth shut for 2 days. Now its looking like he could be walking out the door tomorrow.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just reading a long chat Boogie is having with the cameras (he's the only one up) - he doesn't like Willie and wants him gone; plans to give Shane one chance today to show his loyalty otherwise he's stuck with Willie; really hopes that HOH is all brains and memory so Ian wins. He thinks Frank has the votes to stay ...

... but we all know a lot can happen before tomorrow night's vote.

vCash
    Well I watched a little bit of After Dark from last night- Brit was telling Willie about her convo with Frank (that he has turned on Willie and that he was spreading to the house about Willie apparently making fun of Wil's effeminite mannerisms- which Willie doesn't think he did or doesn't remember doing or something). So it seems like Willie is probably heading in the direction of turning on Frank - also Dan was talking to Wil and Kara about who they could get to vote Kara to stay - basically they think they could get Ashley, Wil, Joe, Danielle and possibly Jojo- at this point they were still counting on Willie, Shane, Ian, and Jenn to vote out Kara...but I think we are going to find almost the whole house voting out Frank maybe now. Unless Willie doesn't believe that Frank is turning on him.

vCash
    This may be a dumb question: do the coaches get to vote?

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast