Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I'm so glad I didn't read any spoilers before watching tonight. I can't believe Dan pulled that off!

vCash
    Ohhhhhh, did Dan ever hatch a plan while in solitary and to his surprise, it worked!!!
    Frank calling out Ian over what he helped do to Boogie -- priceless. Ian's still a bit cockey but he might not be should he ever discover the "nameless" group that is working together.
    Britney -- goes from a high of laughing and making jokes about Boogie getting the boot to it being "haaaaarrrrdddd" and i don't know if I can do this. Karma sometimes comes back to bite one when you least expect it.
    Going to be interesting tomorrow night.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Dan is a genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I read that Ian is the next target all because he made a comment about watching the show since "some plane hit a tower" or something like that. I know, he shouldn't pretend to not know what 9/11 is but the one horribly offended is Jenn because she she was in NY at the time. She was so offended that she has gotten certain people on her side to get him out next week. I find it amazing that people will ditch their entire game plan because someone got a little offended by one comment. Dumba$$ players this year, I swear. Meanwhile, Dan is laughing somewhere.
    Very interesting about Ian's comment,
    mostly since on one of the BBADs I watched, maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago, there was a conversation with several of the folks, can't remember exactly who (Boogie, Frank and??) and Ian was there. Others were sayiing that someone was dumb (maybe Ashley???) because the person did not know the phrase 'Mr Gorbachev - tear down the wall', and I remember specifically Ian said something like that is one of the top 10 historical comments of all time and everyone should know that. So kind of odd that he knows that statement which was said years before 9/11. Very strange.

Also sounds like Ian, not necessarily lying, but just not correcting people's assumptions about his schooling and degrees. He may have graduated h.s. at 16, and some think he is getting his Ph.D, others his masters, but he told Brit today he is getting his undergrad. I am not sure if he playing people using his smarts that he is weak elsewhere or just messing around???

I read stuff over the weekend, but the impact of Dan's fakeout just was not captured correctly. He was brillant!

vCash
    Wil's video on his time in the BB house. Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsTsasTgDrQ

His whole channel is amazing, btw. His real housewives spoofs are .

vCash
    Ian was drunk when he made the 9/11 comment and he feels really bad/stupid for saying it now, for whatever that is worth. Everyone left after Brit leaves, other than Ian and Dan, are a bunch of morons. I'll barely be able to watch now. Crushing blow to see Brit taken out this way. She really needed to either A) get Frank backdoored during double evict week (which she realizes now), B) have her group get rid of Frank instead of Janelle that week, or C) get Joe, Shane, and Ian organized to combat whatever plan Dan came up with during Dan's HOH thing with Frank while Danielle was having her meltdown. She had to know Dan was coming up with an evil plan to save himself at that point that wasn't going to include her. She and Ian needed to get more crafty and organized. Ian also could have outed himself to Frank anytime this week to take away the power from Dan from being able to pull a move like that. Especially after he won his veto ball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    and I remember specifically Ian said something like that is one of the top 10 historical comments of all time and everyone should know that. So kind of odd that he knows that statement which was said years before 9/11. Very strange.
    He knows what 9/11 is. The problem is, he has no idea the impact it had on people at the time, and still has. He doesn't have a real frame of reference to it, just that it was a news event that happened. He used it as a marker in time, just as people use WWII or "tear down this wall", as a reference to the time something else happened. Most people use time markers tastefully "we've been open since the beaches of Normandy were stormed" as opposed to "My family has lived in this house since Hitler was gassing the Jews" but there are plenty of people who would say the awful tasteless second statement (which I actually typed, then deleted, then typed, not knowing if it was okay to say). And that is the problem with Ian's comment, it is just TOO soon to use 9/11 as a marker in time in such a flippant manner. Especially with Jenn in the house, who was very closely affected. I think it is too soon (maybe always will be) for the second WWII statement, but I've heard things like that many times. Or using Pearl Harbor in a similar manner.

But overall, he knows history, and he only knows 9/11 as something that happened in history. It is amazing to me the college aged kids I talk to who don't see 9/11 any differently than Pearl Harbor. To them, it is the same thing- distant.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    He apologized to Jenn, and his being a target has little to do with that remark. He's a target because most of them know that he was playing double agent, and they don't trust him. Several also believe he'll get America's Vote at the end, and they worry that he's going to be a force in upcoming brain challenges.

Dan is a genius for coming up with the plan, and for pulling it off with so many moving parts - on that alone he deserves to win the game. What's even more amazing is that the misting continues, and everyone has accepted the new reality he designed, without question or attempt to turn things around!

I can't believe Britney has just folded up her tent and is ready to go without fighting (I really thought with some hard work she could have gathered the three votes to stay), and that everyone else is just hiding under rocks waiting to see what happens next.

Dan is truly in control of this house.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am starting to think Dan may be the best person to ever play the game. At least from the strategic aspect of it all. He hardly ever wins competitions but then again, he throws so many that his chances are going to be low anyway. He came into the house already a winner and somehow he has survived and controlled the house. His sense of timing is perfect and he never panics. I don't know that he can win again because he will be sitting next to someone who hasn't won no matter who he can get into the final 2 with but getting there at all would be a victory. His best shot is to sit next to the worst floater in the house, oddly enough his own partner earlier in the game. He just has to hope she doesn't make good enough friends that they are blind to the fact that she is a useless player who does not deserve to win.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    in a lot of finales, people base their vote on hurt feelings and not an honest assessment of who was better

if they vote that way, he cant control that
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    in a lot of finales, people base their vote on hurt feelings and not an honest assessment of who was better

if they vote that way, he cant control that
    True. So often juries whine that "you didn't make any effort to get to know me" - and Dan has been doing just that all summer with his questions about people's lives, all the while getting them to talk and reveal themselves to him.

BigB, if Dan pulls this off - because there's still an element of luck in this game - I'll be ready to put him up on the same pedestal as Dr Will and Boston Rob. I've never seen anything like what he pulled off this week.

vCash
    Dan is amazing.

That is all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    AMAZING!!! lmfaoooooo. those impersonations were too good.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Looks like Brit is working on Joe, who said he's willing if Brit can get a third vote (along with Ian). Typical Joe - wants to go with the majority.

Too little too late Brit - Shane would have taken several days of careful cultivation I think.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    in the event shane gets to F2, he should want Danielle on the jury
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Are Britney, Shane, and Ian aware at this point that Dan turned on them? Dan is pretty ruthless throwing Britney under the bus, but he had to do what he had to do to save himself.

vCash
    I'm not sure Shane is aware what planet he is on, he is such a freaking moron, but yes, Brit and Ian are very aware, and Brit made sure to let others know as well. They are *not* aware, however, that Danielle also turned on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Wil for his own show! C'mon CBS, that'd be ratings gold

vCash
    We have a football game...can someone recap?

vCash
    Gollee, last night was bumped 20 minues due to Republican convention. Soooo, right at the end when Jen was leading into who was nominated.....boom, program was off due to time limit! The last couple minutes were not absorbed into next program! The most exciting moment and I missed it. Oh well!

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast