Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I've been watching the feeds a lot and I'm not sure where anyone is getting the idea that Ashley is a floater.

I don't find Ashley to be a floater at all. She is doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Her social game is one of the best so far this season. Even Jani sees that Ashley is more than what she seems. If it's because she hasn't won any competitions, then Wil, Joe, Danielle, Ian, JoJo, and Jenn are floaters too since they haven't won anything either. Ashley doen't float to where the power is either.

Ashley is playin' a lot of people in that house. She's smarter than people think she is.

vCash
    I think Brit should have told Willie he was an idiot and left it at that. She was shown fueling his anger and of course he is going to go off.

I am liking Jenn more and more. She is playing a smart game IMHO, I would not be surprised to see her in final 4... with Ashley. I am also starting to like Ian too. Joe annoys me. Wil's voice is like nails on a chalk board.

The bit with Boogie and Frank made me laugh and makes me want to pull my old BB2 season and watch it over again.

I love Janelle but a couple of her players suck IMVHO.

I don't care either way about Danielle and Dan. Go... Stay. Don't really care. Jo Jo also annoys me too. Not sure why though.

Shane is such awesome eye candy. I would take him over Jeff anyday.

Frank is also growing on me too.

Personally I would like to see a couple of Boogie's players put up nest week. Just to weaken his game play. I hate how cocky he is.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    What are everyone's thoughts on Ian? I'm reading around the internet that people think he has some form of autism or Asperger's syndrome (although how often do we see people making those diagnoses from the comfort of their computer chair?), and he's gaining fans with those who sympathize, and who are also applauding CBS for casting, and Boogie for his taking Ian under his wing.

At the same time, if this is true, should he have been cast on a show that often gets the better of otherwise emotionally stable people? That often results in extreme emotions and stress?

Or is he just a goofy kid who they are exploiting for his goofiness? And do you enjoy the comedy, or that something not so funny is going to happy before too long?

vCash
    Dingo has some good things to say about Ian.
    I think we should refrain from making an arm-chair diagnosis.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I think we should refrain from making an arm-chair diagnosis.
    Totally agree. My question is whether everyone thinks it's a good idea to cast someone who may have some sort of similar condition under the circumstances of the game, or whether they enjoy watching someone who is just goofy be exploited for his goofiness, and whether any of this is entertaining to anyone.

vCash
    ^^^ that was Dingo's point too. It's not up anymore, or I would've posted it.
    Personally I think Ian is more emotionally stable than someone like Brother Hantz. I question the veracity of BB's screening process.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Willie's demise still puzzles me a bit. Clearly he's got a volatile temper and has not be adverse to physical expression of it in the past, but the events leading up to his confrontation with Joe seemed little more than situations we've seen on BB in the past. But usually, those are a long time coming - several weeks of game stress, missing home, being cooped up with people you don't like, etc.

But Willie seemed to be serious about the game, competitive, committed to fighting to stay, and then less than a day later was so angry that he declared that he wanted to get kicked out of the game, and did things he knew full would result in his ejection. Britney sure egged him on, but since when does a guy like that let someone like Britney push his buttons?

I know he was likely doomed - he would have been nominated for sure and likely to go, but at the same time, he was building as strong alliance with JoJo and Ashley, and had a decent shot of winning the veto.

I feel like we're missing a few pieces of this puzzle.

vCash
    Maybe.
    Willie alone is responsible for his behavior. I had a feeling he would snap...just not so soon.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Being autistic or having aspergers does not make a person emotionally unstable.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Exactly.

vCash
    I think Ian's doing much better socially and has handled things pretty well over the last week, so if he does have some aspergers diagnosis, it doesn't seem to be harming his game. Now as the weeks pile up, things could change. He def has benefited from being safe the first week and now in the power alliance. It will be interesting to see how he handles Ashley blabbing to everyone that he and Frank have a final 2 deal. He seemed stunned that she would say that when Jenn told him. Boogie needs to make sure Ian's crushing on Ashley doesn't escalate anymore.

One good thing for him, when he gets back to NOLA in September, I can see him making progress with all the girls from Tulane/Loyola at the various Uptown bars as his confidence should be improved. Hope it doesn't go to his head too much!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I didn't say it did.

vCash
    I went back and re-read what you said and no, you didn't say those words but there was one line that implied it. Maybe it was just how I read it but this was what seemed to make that implication:

At the same time, if this is true, should he have been cast on a show that often gets the better of otherwise emotionally stable people? That often results in extreme emotions and stress?
    The use of "otherwise emotionally stable people" implies (to me) that those with autism and/or aspergers are not emotionally stable.

Sorry if that was not your intention but it definitely read that way to me.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I know he was likely doomed - he would have been nominated for sure and likely to go, but at the same time, he was building as strong alliance with JoJo and Ashley, and had a decent shot of winning the veto.
    He lost Ashley, as shown by her vote to save Frank. Then he only had Jojo and Shane and they were being taken away from him too. Britney spelled it out for him after the vote that he not only lost Ashley but that his behavior was the sole cause for her loss. Never before has Big Brother employed the coaches before, and that adds a layer of stress and complexity for a player like Willie that nobody has ever had in the game before, especially when its someone like Britney who repeatedly told him he was scum and that he should stay away from his own alliance members. Previously in the game, your alliance members could turn on you, but that was different than someone forcing you to stay away from your alliance members. And Brit talked to Willie in a very demeaning way that seemed to strip him of his perceived manhood or whatever. I think he just felt very misunderstood and maybe wasn't really equipped to handle what was basically a 2 week HoH, and what was initially a Joe/Wil/Frank problem metastasized into a house-wide problem due to Britney's egging him on by telling him that he's "screwed" (possibly her very worst moment as a coach to freak him out like that although she didn't want or expect him to freak out the way he did, she should have sensed that he wasn't listening to her and was an emotional liability by that point)- without the Brit factor, the news of the perceived slur might've reached him later, not at all, or in a different way. Combine that with the fact that Willie is just not very good at letting things go- you could tell he was stewing about all the negativity- and that emotions are magnified in a house where you are trapped until eviction, and then combined with the fact that he lost the vote to save Kara, his team lost HoH, his coach lost the coach's competition, he was made a have-not, and every single person seemed to be against him with no hope of it turning around, it really wasn't that surprising that he snapped. And apparently there was a 5-10 minute period of time before the fight that Willie was trying to get into the DR to self-evict presumably, but he wasn't being let inside. So he probably felt like a physical fight was his only way out. I think with Boogie or Dan he might've fared better, it's hard to say. You need to be good at holding your tongue and being sneaky, and Willie really wasn't very good at that for very long- and all of his hard work to build alliances all over the house came crumbling down all at once. To go from thinking you are a mastermind to being told you are a complete fool has got to be tough for someone with a huge ego. I have to wonder if a Shane or Jojo HoH would've kept Willie in a good place, or if he'd have self-destructed anyway. I really think the Brit-Willie combination was really the perfect storm of a personality clash disaster in this game. Willie would've imploded, I think, anyway, given his problems, but Brit just ensured it happened basically as soon as his HoH was over. Just a perfect case of totally kicking the man while he was down.
    Last edited by haribobo; 07-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Britney had nothing to do with Willie losing it. Willie is a grown man responsible for his own actions. Willie did a lot more violence than was shown in the TV clip according to the other house guests. I don't understand blaming others for his actions. Willie has a past criminal record of violence. He never should have been allowed on the show. He was put on the show because he was a Hantz.

vCash
    I didn't realize he has a past criminal record with regards to violence. What in the world was Grodner thinking!? I know he is a Hantz but my god, could you imagine the lawsuit brought forth if he hurt someone?! Major major lawsuit. These players don't know who they are getting locked in the house with, they don't get a say but they should at least know that they wont be put in there with someone with a record like he obviously has.

I also don't blame Britney. Did she handle him as best she could? No. But then again, she just met him when we did. How was she supposed to know that things would go downhill so quickly. It literally took less than a week for him to lose his mind. That isn't enough time to step back and see everything you have done wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20 and she doesn't have all the information that we have.
    -Brian

vCash
    That was an impressive Veto win by Shane.

Much prefer Danielle to JoJo so I hope the house decides that JoJo is the bigger threat and keeps Danielle and her meltdowns around longer!

vCash
    I much prefer JoJo to the whiney, cry baby Danielle! I hope Janey and Boogie realize this is a good time to get Dan out for good and take Danielle out.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I much prefer JoJo to the whiney, cry baby Danielle! I hope Janey and Boogie realize this is a good time to get Dan out for good and take Danielle out.
    Sounds like Shane and JoJo are taking this approach. JoJo also thought she had Ashley but apparently does not, and traded cigarettes to Joe for his vote, but sounds like he's waffling too.

Janelle is buddybuddy with Danielle right now, and clearly wants to keep her. I never got why she and Britney "broke up" but it seems clear that Janelle and Boogie are all about crippling Britney. With a strong player like Shane, they must feel they need to get rid of his one remaining teammate, JoJo.

I do wonder why everyone doesn't want to force BB to tell them what happens next. Makes you wonder if Janelle and Boogie know something, and even Britney as you'd think she especially would like to know what comes next for the coaches.

Of course, Dan could leave and they still won't know anything - we'll have an idea if he's still sequestered, but the producers could still leave things open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    but it seems clear that Janelle and Boogie are all about crippling Britney. With a strong player like Shane, they must feel they need to get rid of his one remaining teammate, JoJo.

I do wonder why everyone doesn't want to force BB to tell them what happens next.
    They probably know that there's no way to force BB to make a move- it happens when it happens. I think tonight they will bring coaches back into the game. Maybe next week if they really want to put it off.

Boogie is/has brought Shane over to his side secretly. Of course Janelle still thinks Boogie is out to get Shane. So if Shane or Boogie's people win HOH tihs week, they will go after Janelle's team. If Janelle's ppl win, they presumably would put up Shane and Danielle? Unless they plan to put up Frank. A few ppl might be throwing HoH to avoid making enemies. Should be interesting to see who goes for it tonight. We might be in for an endurance comp since we haven't had one yet.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast