Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Okay, added this to my dvr. If rachel shows up (not looking likely, which is good) I am turning it off immediately.
    I'm sure she'll turn up at some point - hosting a competition, ghosts in the mirror, a Jessie-style Pandora's Box, something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'm sure she'll turn up at some point - hosting a competition, ghosts in the mirror, a Jessie-style Pandora's Box, something like that.
    I don't mind if Rachel pops up in the game this season as I guess I'm one of the few people in America that Rachel doesn't bother and that's after two seasons of big brother and one of the Amazing Race! But I totally understand how she would annoy the sh*t of of everyone so hopefully she just has a minor role in BB14.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Don't forget to watch "The Talk"'s "Big Brother" preview show on Thursday 7/12/2012:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Prior to the arrival of this season's Houseguests, the ladies of THE TALK moved into the BIG BROTHER house to compete against each other as part of a special “Big Brother” preview show to be broadcast on THE TALK, Thursday, July 12 (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network. The new season of BIG BROTHER premieres that evening at 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT on CBS.

Inside the house, Julie Chen and co-hosts Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler spend an afternoon partaking in the full BIG BROTHER experience, playing an abbreviated version of the game. On Thursday’s THE TALK, the ladies will reveal which host was voted for eviction. The show will also feature a preview of this season’s BIG BROTHER.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 07-09-2012 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    I'm so excited. I don't know how much more of Glass House I can take.

vCash
    I did some contestant video watching yesterday as I was home sick and I have to say, its shaping up to be a good season. I just hope the mentor twist doesn't fizzle too much and that the players are able to adapt.

And it seems like lots of single people ready to mingle so we could be seeing quite a few showmances. As long as it doesn't get out of control, that could be fun.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post

And it seems like lots of single people ready to mingle so we could be seeing quite a few showmances. As long as it doesn't get out of control, that could be fun.
    Many beautiful women, but not one hot guy this season.

I can see the women having a showmance with Jenn before they had one with any of the guys.

ETA:Boogie was on Will's show "Dr. 90210" to have a penis bump removed (HPV wart):
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9138141302705#
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 07-09-2012 at 07:34 PM.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ok, I gave up on BB a couple of seasons ago, and thought S14 had already started. Decided to cruise Dingo's Hamsterwatch for old times' sake and of course had to peruse the contestants. Tons of (alleged) superfans! More than 1 person over 40! An interesting looking punk rockish chick who will never be as cool as Nakomis but at least she's not another pharmaceutical rep! and of course now I have to watch, right?

Until I saw YET ANOTHER HANTZ

seriously, is there a contract written in blood somewhere requiring CBS to employ every single male member of this family?!? (and because it looks like there is still a question, this is Russell's brother, but NOT Brandon's father - there are even more of them, unfortunately).

The possibility of the awesome Janelle returning might get me to watch anyway, but seriously - BB is suffering from the same delusion that Survivor is, that packing the house/island with returning players is better than casting new people who could end up being just as fabulous.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    The possibility of the awesome Janelle returning might get me to watch anyway, but seriously - BB is suffering from the same delusion that Survivor is, that packing the house/island with returning players is better than casting new people who could end up being just as fabulous.
    This. I am really not looking forward to the next 2 seasons of Survivor, both of which will have returning contestants. I wasn't a big fan of the returnees last year, and won't be this year. They always have such an unfair advantage, having been through the process once (or twice, or if you are Boston Rob -- thrice) before. Every season of Survivor/BB that has mixed returning contestants with new contestants has had returning contestants either making it all the way to the end, or winning (only exception being Jessie the Douche going out early-jury the season he was added in again). Whole group of new blood, please!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of the returnees last year, and won't be this year. They always have such an unfair advantage, having been through the process once (or twice, or if you are Boston Rob -- thrice) before.
    We've talked about this in the past, but I do think that along with the advantages of knowing the game, the ability to correct previous mistakes and to leverage their celebrity among the other players also comes a few disadvantages that I believe even things out: they are immediate targets, especially if they are previous winners, and their game is well known, including what they have revealed in confessionals in past games.

Russell went out fast and Ozzy only survived as long as he did because for much of the game he was playing solo on RI. Coach went far thanks to his leadership skills and others wanting to play under the radar, while Rob was able to charm the rest of his team and take advantage of others riding his coattails. In other words, it can go either way.

vCash
    They may be "targets" from the beginning, but really only Russell has been victim of his previous status and thus booted early. They typically bring back people who have been likable among the general public, thus why most of the new contestants are all excited to have them in the game. Russell was neither likable or sociable, and he paid for it.

Stephenie made final 2 in Survivor Guatemala, and Bobby John was a leader on his tribe and only bounced because his tribe had the numbers disadvantage at the merge. Fans vs. Favorites came down to 3 favorites. Rob won. Coach was a runner up. Rachel won, Jordan was 4th.. all of the other returnees were on the jury (sans Dick who walked early on). Jessie would have been making it to the end with his harem had there not been the Coup d'Etat twist.

I'm afraid that Survivor and Big Brother are going to get into a rut with continually bringing back returning players. They completely hog up the airtime in the episodes, which prevents us from getting to see and actually know the new players and letting them blossom on their own, since they are constantly overshadowed.

Not to mention it's completely unfair for the fan vote/cash prize for the favorite player at the end of the season. None of the newbies should expect to win this when viewers have seen the returnees on a previous season(s) in the past.

Luckily there seems to be some speculation (although not confirmed) that the returnees this season are going to be "mentors" and won't actually be playing for the 500K, although I wouldn't put it past Grodner to whip up some sort of twist that would enter them into the game field.

vCash
    I'm just assuming the mentor status is to prevent them getting an early boot and then midway though, oh look, they're actual players now.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I'm just assuming the mentor status is to prevent them getting an early boot and then midway though, oh look, they're actual players now.
    I bet the mentor thing goes on long enough for the returnees to make jury.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Bullseye.

I'm already pissed about it but I've accepted that one of my favorite things about BB is bitching and bitching about it for weeks.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It is pretty much confirmed that the returning HGs are:

Spoiler

Sorry if this is common knowledge but I keep up with BB on so many message boards that I can barely keep them all straight. I spoilered just in case someone really wants to wait until tomorrow to find out.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    No spoiler tags/black outs needed in the "Big Brother" thread. It's in the OP.

Starts today!!! I'm getting excited!!! Ordered Superpass Live Feeds and have Showtime After Dark.

ETA Reminder: THE TALK, Thursday, July 12 (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT) on CBS.

vCash
    I'm surprised it's only a ONE HOUR premiere. I was expecting at least 2 hours. What can they do in 1 hour other than just introduce the contestants? Guess I'm about to find out.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    On this mentor teams thing - which I agree with jamesy will be dropped after about 4 boots and the returnees are well entrenched - wouldn't it be fun if the mentors sekretly team up and actually mislead their mentees? Talk about playing Big Brother!

If they aren't in it to win in the traditional sense, then the fun would be in manipulating and controlling the game just for kicks. I suspect there's some incentive - they get something if one of their mentees wins - but are any of these people really in it for the money? Aren't they in it for the exposure and fame and bragging rights? I would think Boogie and Brittney would be first in, with Dan and Janelle not far behind.

Could be hugely fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    I'm surprised it's only a ONE HOUR premiere. I was expecting at least 2 hours. What can they do in 1 hour other than just introduce the contestants? Guess I'm about to find out.
    I don't know if they've ever done anything but a 1 hour premiere. They've pretty much got it down by now: brief intro of each contestant, putting them into the house in groups, letting them mingle for a bit, introduce whatever the twist is for that year and then end with a comp (usually HoH). I'll be surprised if they deviate from that.

vCash
    Jenny Kirk is a BB uber. Her FB posts crack me up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Reminder: THE TALK, Thursday, July 12 (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT) on CBS.
    I have never watched The Talk, but recorded this because Chenbot playing the game sounded fun. So they did this for a previous season and Julie was voted out? And loved the costumes for veto.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast