Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I'll try to catch a bit of everything. My favorites are the distance running events, diving, rowing and gymnastics. Oh, and cycling, except the pursuit events.... booooooring.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Everything Bar football and tennis.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I like it all and will have the DVRs going!

The musts are gymnastics (all kinds), swimming, diving, track & field, soccer, tennis, fencing, weightlifting, rowing, volleyball (both kinds), wrestling, boxing, synchro swimming, archery (if I can find it), cycling (road/track), triathlon, basketball.

I won't make an effort to tape or get up in the middle of the night for the martial arts, BMX/Mountain bike stuff, table tennis, canoe, equestrian, handball, shooting, badminton, modern pentathlon, sailing, or water polo, but if it happens to be on, I will stare at it.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    So much!

My friend and I were originally planning a fortnight-long watchparty at her mum's place, with the Foxtel going and basically involving us sitting up all night and sleeping during the day. Then work scheduled stocktake right in the middle of the Olympics. We think that's an abomination

Diving, gymnastics (all kinds!), equestrian, pole vault (hi Steve Hooker!), rowing, cycling, triathlon, tennis, fencing, volleyball, archery, and bascially anything else that has an Australian in the mix for gold.

Except...

I will try to avoid the swimming. As much as possible. It's not that I don't want to watch Australia win medals. I'm just sick and tired of our press carrying on like it's the only sport at the Games!

(Oh yes, except I will watch every race of Nick D'Arcy's just to boo him. Filthy thug should never have been allowed to swim again.)

vCash
    gymnastics ( artistic and rhyhtmic ), tennis, weightlifting , Judo , swimming( all kinds), archery, fencing

vCash
    Everything that's on, except boxing!

vCash
    Definitely going to actively follow gymnastics, tennis, and swimming. I'm going to try and catch the equestrian events but they usually aren't extensively covered.

Plus, I'll watch whatever NBC puts on in prime time.

vCash
    The T.V. will be on, and I'll be watching or listening any time I'm home, and any time I can at work. I'm responsible for coming up with an Olympic Trivia game at work. I like gymnastics, and rowing, and diving, and swimming, but will watch almost anything.

During the 2000 games, in Sydney, Channel 7 in Australia had a wonderful trivia game where you could talk to other players in between games. I had such a lot of fun there, but they've never done it since. Some of us were fairly mental about running up scores.

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    I'll watch all the sports where an Argentinian is competing + Gymnastics.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

vCash
    Ugh I wish I upgraded mysky because for the first week it is literally gymnastics and swimming I'm taping as my system can only tape two channels. So many sports I'll have to miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Ugh I wish I upgraded mysky because for the first week it is literally gymnastics and swimming I'm taping as my system can only tape two channels. So many sports I'll have to miss
    Is it too late to upgrade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Is it too late to upgrade?
    Not really but I'm not going to. I already pay a fortune for satellite television. Besides even if I could tape more I'm not sure that I can fit it all in as majority of what is being shown is when I'll be in bed. Vancouver was way easier as I could watch the most of it live during the day (since they're basically a day behind us) and catch up with everything inbetween.

I'm just moaning cause I love the Olympics. Still in 2008 the coverage was mostly highlights and a single channel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12