Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    I only have two thoughts on this matter:

1) This better not be a repeat of that arrogant little stunt she pulled the season before last.

2) I hope this is what she REALLY wants and she's not being pressured into this by her federation. There's a difference between enjoying skating in shows, and skating in competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    There was no official explanantion on why it did not happen. But something can be guessed from my old memories.

IIRC, when Yuna was supposed to start the SP work with Shae-Lynn, the Kim-Orser split blew up unexpected. Yuna had to move out of Toronto. Shae-Lynn started participating in BOTB full time for an extended period. Most probably they could not find a suitable time slot again to create the program together for that season.
    Is Shae-Lynn good friends with Brian? Jw if anyone knows!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    On a related note... whatever happened to Shae-Lynn choreographing her 2011 SP? Was it ever revealed why that never happened?
    Nobody knows why, but considering YuNa invited Shae-Lynn to her show after one year, there was nothing bad between them.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

1) This better not be a repeat of that arrogant little stunt she pulled the season before last.
    What arrogance???

vCash

[...]
    Even if she wanted to, she couldn't do what she did in 2011 and go straight to Worlds because of the new rules. She herself acknowledged that in the conference. She'll skate at nationals, a senior B or 4CC, and then Worlds for this coming season. It's too late to apply (and too early try) for the GP.

vCash
    I welcome it, it's going to really light a much needed fire in the ladies competition. Couple this with a resurgence of European ladies skating, a group of American ladies wanting to get back on top, and an Olympic silver medalist who wants to win this time - and it's an extremely exciting time on the ladies side! I never gave her due when she competed, but looking back her skating was of absolutely exceptional quality and that is always more than welcome by me.

vCash

I agree she can be quite arrogant at times, but then again, she can afford to be.

2) I hope this is what she REALLY wants and she's not being pressured into this by her federation.
    Usually, arrogant people do not get easily pressured into something against their will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    On a related note... whatever happened to Shae-Lynn choreographing her 2011 SP? Was it ever revealed why that never happened?
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=114

or

As to her SP, on Aug 24, it was first known that Team Yu-Na asked "Shae-Lynn Bourne" to choreograph her SP but nothing was known whether the program was given to her or not. Since after lots of things happened and today ATS said it's not decided yet(14, Sep, 2010). This is not what is dumped or not as below.

• Aug 18: Shae-Lynn Bourne was off to Japan.
    • Aug 23: Yu-Na and coach Brian Orser broke up.
    • Aug 24: Known that Team Yu-Na asked Shae-Lynn Bourne to choreographe her new SP.
    • Aug 29: Shae-Lynn Bourne finished FRIENDS ON ICE in Japan.
    • Aug 30: Yu-Na moved to Granite Club.
    • Sep 06: Yu-Na left for L.A.
    • Sep 14: Yu-Na's SP is not decided yet
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    I wouldn't call it arrogant. I do think experience shows that regardless of how good you are. It is very difficult to get back into competitive condition. You may well still have the technical goods but you need to be in competition shape. Kim wasn't in competition shape in 2011. Not skating competitively for a whole season and coming back for one competition is a huge ask.

Plushenko had the technical goods in 2008 but he didn't seem to be in competition shape either. Cohen left skating for three seasons and then came back to one competition. She struggled. Same goes for how many Ice Dancers have come back from a period of not skating competitively and aren't the same. You need to do some competition so that your body knows how to react something that you can't do solely in practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    What arrogance???
    I think she's referring to the fact that Yuna went to the 2011 worlds without participating in a single preparatory competition beforehand in that season. That was a very bad idea, obviously, in retrospect, and I think she now realizes that. Robin Wagner did an interview just before the 2011 worlds in which she talked about the fact that even the most accomplished athletes must participate in several live competitions shortly before going to a major competition like the Worlds or the Olympics. This is especially true if one has been away from competition for a lengthy period of time, and has not been practicing with regularity. Even the most incessant practicing just cannot emulate the real-life stressful and tense atmosphere of competition and being before a crowd and judges. Wagner was 100% correct.

ITA with misskarne, by the way.
    Last edited by a56; 07-04-2012 at 08:30 AM.

vCash
    she did very well at Moscow Worlds, almost won it actually. in no way it was a failure as some want to make it. Miki Ando's score was huge in comparison of the program, but played well with the system plus a little bonus from the judges. that's how figure skating works.
    Yuna gave two beautiful perfomances that her fans love and treasure. that's what counts. haters gonna hate !

vCash
    I can see someone thinking it "arrogant" that she go to worlds in 2011 without any competitions under her belt and the chance to get feed back under judges. I personally don't think it was conscious arrogance, but it certain imo was a big mistake.
    I wonder if this announcement is premature and was made to counter the recent bad publicity.

vCash
    Yuna was pressured into competing in 2011. What arrogance are some people talking about? Like Rumblefish mentioned, an arrogant person is not forced or bent to do things that are being asked.
    Last edited by l'etoile; 07-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I wonder if this announcement is premature and was made to counter the recent bad publicity.
    I do think the announcement was rather rushed, without having carefully thought out plans for training details such as coaching.

It could have been something like;
    "I was going to make a comeback anouncement anyway, so let's do it now."

Making a comeback just for the sake of countering the bad publicity doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 07-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I can see someone thinking it "arrogant" that she go to worlds in 2011 without any competitions under her belt and the chance to get feed back under judges. I personally don't think it was conscious arrogance, but it certain imo was a big mistake.
    nah.. the controversy was light compared to the whole Orser-Yuna break up. It wasn't even mentioned in the mainstream media. Plus Yuna is still voted as one of the most effective endorsers in the recent poll in Korea.

vCash
    From YNKF

According to a column of a sport management expert and professor who claims he got a call from a source that is very close to YuNa, http://news.donga.com/Column/3/04/20120703/47507302/1
    this decision was wholly made by herself. And, the biggest factor that led her to the decision was young skaters by whom she got huge motivation.
    Training constantly among the youngsters did get her motivation back no matter how ill-equipped facility Yuna trains in.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    It's only misskarne who's talking about arrogance. Well let's just say her posting style is generally......um.......a little arrogant
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    the controversy was light compared to the whole Orser-Yuna break up
    That's not so recent.

I think the poster was referring to the recent kerfluffle about her university degree and how much actual time had been put into it. And that was very public in Korea.

It's only misskarne who's talking about arrogance. Well let's just say her posting style is generally......um.......a little arrogant
    If you read an opinion you don't agree with, saying that is fine. Insulting the poster isn't necessarily the most effective counter-argument.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

2) I hope this is what she REALLY wants and she's not being pressured into this by her federation. There's a difference between enjoying skating in shows, and skating in competition.
    Personally I feel that it would be worse if she pulled an arrogant big stunt. If that happens, I must say that I WILL GO OFF ON HER. There is no place for arrogance in professional sports.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    for real ?

now ladies ahs gotten very interesting with may comebacks
    she annunced her comeback early before 2013 so this is a good sign.
    a Good competitive skater comeback is always welcomed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    That's not so recent.

I think the poster was referring to the recent kerfluffle about her university degree and how much actual time had been put into it. And that was very public in Korea.
    I know what the poster was referring to. Public? Like what I said it wasn't even covered by the mainstream media unlike the Orser-Yuna split when it was all over the biggest networks in Korea.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast