Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Skating at Nationals and Worlds would be good enough for this year IMO.

I wonder what kind of influence her recent get together with Kwan had on the sudden announcenet.
    Kwan might have said something like "Forget about the GPs, and just skate at Nationals and Worlds. Practice at my rink if you need a facility."

Having her at the Nationals would be wonderful for up and coming skaters. They will finally get a chance to compete in front of a large home crowd. I imagine that the Korean fed would make lots of money with ticket sales and sponsorships as well.
    Her decision did come rather soon after Michelle visited her! Was it Michelle who really influenced her to make up her mind? I wouldn't be surprised.

vCash
    I think that if there is anything to be learned from recent comeback attempts, she needs to start training and competing asap. leaving it to the last minute never seems to serve anyone well.

Skating is Language
    vCash
    Yuna Kim told that she would compete at competitions in Korea and an International B senior competition before Worlds.

Here is the schedule of ISU B senior competitions after November 1st.

Nov. 6~11 Icechallenge 2012 (Austria)
    Nov. 15~18 Warsaw Cup (Poland)
    Nov. 16~18 15th Merano Cup(Italy)
    Dec. 5~9 NRW Trophy (Germany)
    Dec. 13~16 Golden Spin of Zargeb (Croatia)
    Dec. 18~22 Istanbul Cup (Turkey)
    Jan. 3~5 1st New Year Cup (Slovakia)
    Jan. 8~12 6th Europa Cup "Skate Helena" (Serbia)
    Jan. 10~13 Volvo Open Cup (Latvia)
    Feb. 7~10 Barvarian Open (Germany)
    Feb. 7~10 Dragon Trophy & Trivoli Cup (Slovakia)
    Feb. 14~17 Hellmut Siebt Memorial (Austria)
    Feb. 21~24 1st Citta di Trorino Trophy (Italy)
    Feb. 21~24 Challenge Cup 2013 (Netherland)

Nov. Korean Ranking Competition
    Early Jan. Korean Nationals
    Mar. 10~17 2013 Worlds Canada Ontario London
    Last edited by spiral9509; 07-02-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    "Skating is Language"

spiral9509.tistory.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    WOW So when is the first competition???
    I'm not sure, but the korean national competition will be held in January, 2013.
    I think this might be the first competition for her.
    And I can't wait until that time

Skating is Language
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Keftiu View Post
    I'm not sure, but the korean national competition will be held in January, 2013.
    I think this might be the first competition for her.
    And I can't wait until that time
    I think it will.

2012 Korean Nationals were held in Jan. 6~8.
    "Skating is Language"

spiral9509.tistory.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    Her decision did come rather soon after Michelle visited her! Was it Michelle who really influenced her to make up her mind? I wouldn't be surprised.
    While maintaining her friendship with Michelle, I would start to mingle with Katti Witt If I were in Yuna Kim's shoes.

Katti Witt knows all about winning consecutive olympics. She had her 2nd OGM in the bag even before she took to the ice in Calgary. Like Witt in 1988, Yuna Kim in 2014 won't be as good as her past technically, so it will be an effective strategy to psych out competitors and have them fall.

vCash
    Q&As after the interview

Some rough translation.

A reporter: Who are the coaches.
    Yuna: Not decided yet. It was last week I made a decision to compete again. As of now, David Wilson is my choreographer.

A reporter: What is the physical condition of you?
    Yuna: I don't know how long will it take to make a condition of last Olympics. Not in a good shape at all both physically and psychologically. I have to start training right now. There're just less than 6 months remaining. Though I didn't stop training. To take my stamina and athletic performance back, I will train.

A reporter: Where would you compete? Can you break your own records in Vancouver?
    Yuna: I couldn't take part in GP series cuz I skipped whole last season. Even I could have chance to take part in, I wouldn't because I'm not ready yet. I'll take part in a international competition when I'm in a good shape. And the records were accomplished when I was in my best ever condition. It must be impossible for me to raise the bar higher. And I already emptied my mind on the result. I will only do my best in competitions.

A reporter: What was the reaction after you made a decision?
    Yuna: Almost no one knew this. Even skaters training with me didn't know.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    I love Yu-na's skating and am excited to hear this!

vCash
    Post 2013 worlds I think she should do at least one GP event if not both and hopefully (or presumably) make the GPF final. I think its smart she does an international competition before worlds.

In terms of jumps I can imagine she will have them all back bar perhaps a triple-triple, though a triple toe-triple toe isn't out of the question. I wouldn't put it past her to have the Triple Lutz-Triple Toe back by Olympics either. She has good if not excellent jump technique. Much easier to be back to quality when you already have great technique. I don't envision getting her spins level back will be too difficult nor whatever requirements are needed for footwork etc.

vCash
    Figure skater Kim Yu-na to return to competition,
    retire after Sochi Olympics

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...08600315F.HTML

vCash
    Very interesting curve ball!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Post 2013 worlds I think she should do at least one GP event if not both and hopefully (or presumably) make the GPF final. I think its smart she does an international competition before worlds.
    Well, she doesn't really have any choice. She needs to do the international competition because she needs the minimum score, otherwise she can't go to Worlds.

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, she doesn't really have any choice. She needs to do the international competition because she needs the minimum score, otherwise she can't go to Worlds.
    Or she can just request a bye, like Plushenko did at Euros last season… ISU would be over the moon to grant her one.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    A reporter: Who are the coaches.
    Yuna: Not decided yet. It was last week I made a decision to compete again. As of now, David Wilson is my choreographer.

A reporter: What is the physical condition of you?
    Yuna: I don't know how long will it take to make a condition of last Olympics. Not in a good shape at all both physically and psychologically. I have to start training right now. There're just less than 6 months remaining. Though I didn't stop training. To take my stamina and athletic performance back, I will train.

A reporter: Where would you compete? Can you break your own records in Vancouver?
    Yuna: I couldn't take part in GP series cuz I skipped whole last season. Even I could have chance to take part in, I wouldn't because I'm not ready yet. I'll take part in a international competition when I'm in a good shape. And the records were accomplished when I was in my best ever condition. It must be impossible for me to raise the bar higher. And I already emptied my mind on the result. I will only do my best in competitions.

A reporter: What was the reaction after you made a decision?
    Yuna: Almost no one knew this. Even skaters training with me didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by puretea View Post
    Figure skater Kim Yu-na to return to competition,
    retire after Sochi Olympics

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...08600315F.HTML
    (Thanks.)

Courageous & humble.
    Last edited by t.mann; 07-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    This IS exciting. If it happens. I hope it does.

vCash
    Great news!
    Thank you so much, Yuna, for coming back to competitions. I don't care the result. So happy just to imagine we can see her taking the ice.

vCash
    OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!
    It's a great news for me.
    Thank you, Yuna.

vCash
    I also want her to keep the Arirang program, the potential is boundless if skated cleanly and I agree that she needs to change her SP. I'm excited to see her skating again.

vCash
    This is GREAT news! I love it...'Russian Babes' vs Yu-Na vs Mao vs Ashley/Gracie in Sochi! Now things are really getting exciting.

Yu-Na should try to get on the roster for one of the earliest Senior Bs this fall (Austria?) to test-out her new programs and show that she is serious. She should rack-up points to further test her programs at Four Cs. Worlds should be the end of a string of competitions, the first int'l after her Nationals. IF SHE IS 100% SERIOUS AND NOT JUST IN IT TO GARNER PRIZE MONEY AND MORE ENDORESEMENTS. She has the talent and physique to pull it off...if she doesn't get bogged down in more money-making endorsements.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast