114 51.82%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

20 9.09%
  • Patrick Chan

39 17.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Yeah I agree. Takahashi deserved to win both the GP final and Worlds (especialy Worlds last year) so should be a 2 time World Champion. Lambiel deserved both his World titles as well. Chan undoubtably was the clear and undisputed winner of 2011. So without the ridiculous judging at last years Worlds both would be more accomplished than Chan right now as well, and Lambiel arguably is anyway due to his Olympic silver.
    I'll remember this when you try to tell me that Delobel and Schoenfelder's lack of multiple medals hurts them compared to D&W and V&M in the dance poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I'll remember this when you try to tell me that Delobel and Schoenfelder's lack of multiple medals hurts them compared to D&W and V&M in the dance poll.
    Except that DelSchoes certainly did not deserve any additional World golds. They didnt even win another World or Olympic medal outside their one gold. Maybe one could argue they deserved a bronze in a couple of those, but that is it. Plus DelSchoes were never in the league of technical ability that D&W and V&M currently are (or even artistically when it comes to V&M). A DelSchoes fan shouldnt be complaining, they have already outlasted about 4 teams, when every team who started the poll has a more impressive medal haul than theirs. Going out in the middle where they will probably go is already incredibly and excessively generous to them.

vCash
    Except that DelSchoes certainly did not deserve any additional World golds. They didnt even win another World or Olympic medal outside their one gold. Maybe one could argue they deserved a bronze in a couple of those, but that is it. Plus DelSchoes were never in the league of technical ability that D&W and V&M currently are (or even artistically when it comes to V&M). A DelSchoes fan shouldnt be complaining, they have already outlasted about 4 teams, when every team who started the poll has a more impressive medal haul than theirs. Going out in the middle where they will probably go is already incredibly and excessively generous to them.
    DelSchoes were much more interesting and original than D/W and V/M. With the exception of the Bollywood OD, what have we seen from either of those teams that was remotely creative? And I say this as someone who has a ton of respect for V/M (less so for D/W, don't like them) - but even their attempts to challenge themselves artistically have generally been pretty much inside the box.

Added to that, DelSchoes were often underscored and their record doesn't fully reflect what they did on the ice.

And here I thought I was commenting on the dance poll. Since it's the men's, I would like to know who voted for Yags and why.

vCash
    Plus DelSchoes were never in the league of technical ability that D&W and V&M currently are (or even artistically when it comes to V&M).
    In what, twizzling?

Going out in the middle where they will probably go is already incredibly and excessively generous to them.
    Compared to L&A and B&K? Bullshit.

I can see the next round of the Dance poll is going to be fun.

vCash
    Compared to L&A and B&K? Bullshit.
    Say what you will about B&K, but considering they were competitive in an era with Anissina & Peizerat, Krylova & Ovsiannikov, and Gristchuk & Platov, it is safe to say had they ever been in their primes at the same time they would have dominated and possibly never lost a head to head competition with Delobel & Schoenfelder. Yet despite that, and despite that B&K, L&A, and every single team on the poll has had a better career with better achievements than DelSchoes, I STILL voted for B&K and L&A to go out before DelSchoes and havent even voted for them yet. So I have been more than generous to them, like the others have been as well, and now I am being cornered for not giving DelSchoes enough love. Suggesting they are a better team than V&M or D&W and were robbed of a better carer than teams like that by cheating judges is just

I am not even going to continue this though as it is a mens thread and it is clear you have DelSchoes on some fantasy pedestal well beyond reality so to each their own.

vCash
    I am not even going to continue this though as it is a mens thread and it is clear you have DelSchoes on some fantasy pedestal well beyond reality so to each their own.
    Says the person widely regarded as one of the most delusional posters in all of FSU. I'll take it as a compliment, bud.

On topic, Stojko sucked.

vCash
    Says the person widely regarded as one of the most delusional posters in all of FSU.
    Coming from you I will take that as a compliment. I value your opinion and words about half as much as I value George Bush's views on homosexuals and peace amongst nations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    And here I thought I was commenting on the dance poll. Since it's the men's, I would like to know who voted for Yags and why.
    I didn't vote for Yags (my vote went to Kulik again), but re-watched his Olympic LP recently which I remembered so fondly and rewatched a hundred times back in the day....and sadly I found it really lacking. While I am the first one to bash the IJS, I think 6.0 programmes that i used to think were amazing pre IJS now seem to be really empty. His LP had a lot of two footed skating, his jumps were telepgraphed, his posture was sometimes lacking (particularly on jump landings)....I was genuinely shocked at how I felt towards the programmes. I cannot deny his achievements in any way, and I loved him dearly as my favourite skater back in the day, but in terms of the "artistry" I thought he had....Takahashi and Lambiel have bucket loads more, and dare I even say it - Patrick Chan has better skating skills and footwork by a country mile.

I've decided to stop rewatching old programmes and keep my rose tinted 6.0 memories unsullied from now on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I didn't vote for Yags (my vote went to Kulik again), but re-watched his Olympic LP recently which I remembered so fondly and rewatched a hundred times back in the day....and sadly I found it really lacking. While I am the first one to bash the IJS, I think 6.0 programmes that i used to think were amazing pre IJS now seem to be really empty. His LP had a lot of two footed skating, his jumps were telepgraphed, his posture was sometimes lacking (particularly on jump landings)....I was genuinely shocked at how I felt towards the programmes. I cannot deny his achievements in any way, and I loved him dearly as my favourite skater back in the day, but in terms of the "artistry" I thought he had....Takahashi and Lambiel have bucket loads more, and dare I even say it - Patrick Chan has better skating skills and footwork by a country mile.

I've decided to stop rewatching old programmes and keep my rose tinted 6.0 memories unsullied from now on
    I've had similar experiences watching older programs - not disappointment, but I've gotten so used to seeing IJS-friendly programs that I have to remind myself sometimes that the skaters I'm watching didn't try to stick in loads of transitions, nor were they required to get high levels of spins and footwork. And then I can enjoy the programs for what they are rather than for what they might lack.

Yags was more a performer than an artist, IMO. I wonder, if his career had not been cut short due to injury, if we'd have seen him develop his artistic side more. Not to mention how he would have adapted to the IJS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I've had similar experiences watching older programs - not disappointment, but I've gotten so used to seeing IJS-friendly programs that I have to remind myself sometimes that the skaters I'm watching didn't try to stick in loads of transitions, nor were they required to get high levels of spins and footwork. And then I can enjoy the programs for what they are rather than for what they might lack.

Yags was more a performer than an artist, IMO. I wonder, if his career had not been cut short due to injury, if we'd have seen him develop his artistic side more. Not to mention how he would have adapted to the IJS.
    Agree completely. I wonder what amazing programmes we might have seen from both him and Plushy leading up to the 2006 if it weren't for his hip injury. I think they both would have been forced to pull another type of quad and develop their programme themes and presentation much more.

I think Yags had a lot more to give, and Plush wouldn't have rested on his laurels so much with a healthy Yags to compete with.

vCash
    LOL at the possibility that Chan (who will be in the all-time great male skater Top5 lists of many people, after 10 years) will be eliminated in next round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post

You expressed my thoughts exactly. And Zemgirl too. But that doesn't mean in any way that I am going to vote for Yagudin in one of the rounds.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t.mann View Post
    LOL at the possibility that Chan (who will be in the all-time great male skater Top5 lists of many people, after 10 years) will be eliminated in next round.
    I'm voting Plushenko next; then Chan immediately after.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t.mann View Post
    No kidding.

I've pretty much agreed with the votes up to this point, except for the one on Lysacek. I was expecting to vote him out right about now -- either just before or just after Joubert. (Lysacek out before Buttle? Really?) But he's long gone. And Chan leaving before, say, Takahashi (who probably isn't going to be my next vote, by the way) would be even more ridiculous.

I'm not so sure Chan is the next to go, though. There are going to be a lot of Joubert votes freed up.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm voting Plushenko next; then Chan immediately after.
    Good luck with that!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123