114 51.82%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

20 9.09%
  • Patrick Chan

39 17.73%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    And besides Yagudin, Chan has the best skating skills and he deserves to stay around for many more rounds..
    Are you just saying that because well it's Yagudin and he must have the best skating skills?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Are you just saying that because well it's Yagudin and he must have the best skating skills?
    That's how I look at it when I'm voting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Voted for Joubert....

I know there are a lot of Patrick Chan haters out there, but he seriously cant be next to go. Both times he has won worlds, he has landed 2 exceptional quads in the long program and have led him to beat Daisuke countless times in the past 2 seasons . And besides Yagudin, Chan has the best skating skills and he deserves to stay around for many more rounds..
    I agree with shine about skating skills, but I agree with you about all the rest. I would even vote for my all time favourite skater Stephane Lambiel before Chan, if it would be possible.

This time I too voted for Joubert - I won't explain my reasons, as it has already been done over and over again by other people.

vCash
    I try to save Joubert by voting Chan

vCash
    So there is more interesting in next round..........

vCash
    It's obvious Patrick will be voted off next round, it will only get interesting after that. I'm actually quite surprised Patrick has lasted that long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    It's obvious Patrick will be voted off next round, it will only get interesting after that. I'm actually quite surprised Patrick has lasted that long.
    I would like to see Kulik go before Chan. As much as the ridiculous Chanflation of the last couple years is annoying and justly creates alot of the anti Chan sentiment that goes around, he was still a far stronger skater and competitor overall than Kulik. Kulik was a great talent but definitely never fully flourished as an amateur.

vCash
    I agree. I like Kulik just fine, but he is less accomplished than Tara Lipinski, and Tara was targeted early on in the ladies game in part because of her short amateur career. Yet Ilia's amateur career was not much longer, and he has less hardware to show for it.

Frankly I'd have Chan in the top three, but I guess it won't happen.

As for Joubert, I sing this to you
    Last edited by Cheylana; 07-03-2012 at 08:44 AM.

vCash
    This thing could use a a mercy rule about now.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Well, since it looks like Baboo will be gone soon, he can spend the rest of the summer doing my yardwork, shirtless, of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Actually, with the exception of Joubert - is there any men's World or Olympic champion who has landed a quad other than the 4T?
    I think Joubert is the only champion that has, unless Plush ever landed the quad salchow at Russian nationals or another domestic competition? On the basis that Mroz got the first 4Lz credit, i'm guessing Plush never landed it in competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I would like to see Kulik go before Chan. As much as the ridiculous Chanflation of the last couple years is annoying and justly creates alot of the anti Chan sentiment that goes around, he was still a far stronger skater and competitor overall than Kulik. Kulik was a great talent but definitely never fully flourished as an amateur.
    And again this problem with skaters who are still competing - the most recent events are influencing people's votes. If Chan had won Worlds this year with clean (or almost clean) performances, I don't think he'd be voted out so soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I think Joubert is the only champion that has, unless Plush ever landed the quad salchow at Russian nationals or another domestic competition? On the basis that Mroz got the first 4Lz credit, i'm guessing Plush never landed it in competition.
    I think Plushy landed 4S at a Russian Cup competition (domestic), although I can't remember if he landed it in practice or competition there.

He first tried the 4Lz at the 2001 Cup of Russia, pre-dating Mroz's politiked credit by 10 years. It was fully rotated, but he landed on two feet, tried to hang onto it, and ended up on his backside. Shame.

I seem to recall that the reason they put it away after that was because they didn't want to risk Plush hurting himself in an Olympic season, and then after that, with Yagudin retired, he didn't need it anymore. I think he felt a bit lost the first season without Yagudin.

Anyway, I'm going to sit out this round of voting. After reading about his efforts in the quad thread, I just can't bring myself to vote for Joubert. My next thought was Lambiel (no 3A) but the overall package was so good I can't really go for that either. And no way am I voting out the man with the purest and best jump technique in the sport (Ilia).

vCash
    I agree that Chan shouldn't be underestimated. He is top-notch skater all-around who manages to produce consistently good material. Sure, he may have been ridiculously overmarked, but objectively he probably should leave after Joubert, Kulik, Lambiel, and even Takahashi.

I'm surprised Takahashi has almost never appeared in these discussions even though his achievement level is the same as the other skaters being considered for elimination. He is possibly my favorite skater on this list, I'm pleasantly surprised he hasn't been brought up jmuch.

vCash
    I like that Joubert's musical interpretation is so straightforward and sexual. He's pleasing to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shady82 View Post
    I agree that Chan shouldn't be underestimated. He is top-notch skater all-around who manages to produce consistently good material. Sure, he may have been ridiculously overmarked, but objectively he probably should leave after Joubert, Kulik, Lambiel, and even Takahashi.
    Agree on Kulik and Joubert. Definitely not on Lambiel or Takahashi. Chan has nothing on them other than jump consistency (or does he really, lol) and skating skills (and of course bigtime Chanflation that gives him scores 40 points per competition higher than those other two would get for the same performances). Maybe he has better spins than Takahashi, but way worse spins than Lambiel, although I bet his spin scores are still higher than Lambiel's given how Chan is scored.

vCash

I'm surprised Takahashi has almost never appeared in these discussions even though his achievement level is the same as the other skaters being considered for elimination. He is possibly my favorite skater on this list, I'm pleasantly surprised he hasn't been brought up jmuch.
    I'm surprised more people haven't considered voting out Takahashi, but he's just such an artist and so beloved. I don't plan on voting him out until Joubert, Kulik, Chan, and Lambiel are gone. I might even vote for him over Plushenko (er, I guess I mean NOT vote for him, to keep him in lol).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Agree on Kulik and Joubert. Definitely not on Lambiel or Takahashi. Chan has nothing on them other than jump consistency (or does he really, lol) and skating skills (and of course bigtime Chanflation that gives him scores 40 points per competition higher than those other two would get for the same performances). Maybe he has better spins than Takahashi, but way worse spins than Lambiel, although I bet his spin scores are still higher than Lambiel's given how Chan is scored.
    I actually agree with you on Lambiel and Takahashi. Chan was ridiculously inflated at the 2012 Worlds, and unable to skate cleanly in either portion of the competition, while Takahashi skated an SP of a similar level and a clean FP. His only real advantage over Takahashi is skating skills, and his presentation/artistry is well below Takahashi's. He really could not get into the choreography for his Take Five SP.

Without the ridiculous inflation, Chan's only valid World title, IMO, is 2011.

Lambiel similarly deserved both his 2005 and 2006 titles, no doubt about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I'm surprised more people haven't considered voting out Takahashi, but he's just such an artist and so beloved. I don't plan on voting him out until Joubert, Kulik, Chan, and Lambiel are gone. I might even vote for him over Plushenko (er, I guess I mean NOT vote for him, to keep him in lol).
    I completely agree with you.

vCash
    I actually agree with you on Lambiel and Takahashi. Chan was ridiculously inflated at the 2012 Worlds, and unable to skate cleanly in either portion of the competition, while Takahashi skated an SP of a similar level and a clean FP. His only real advantage over Takahashi is skating skills, and his presentation/artistry is well below Takahashi's. He really could not get into the choreography for his Take Five SP.

Without the ridiculous inflation, Chan's only valid World title, IMO, is 2011.

Lambiel similarly deserved both his 2005 and 2006 titles, no doubt about it.
    Yeah I agree. Takahashi deserved to win both the GP final and Worlds (especialy Worlds last year) so should be a 2 time World Champion. Lambiel deserved both his World titles as well. Chan undoubtably was the clear and undisputed winner of 2011. So without the ridiculous judging at last years Worlds both would be more accomplished than Chan right now as well, and Lambiel arguably is anyway due to his Olympic silver.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast