vCash

Elena Sokolova's triple-triples video

Here's my next video. Elena Sokolova's attempts at different triple-triples from her whole career.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYdyIVIfLE

Enjoy, share & comment .

vCash
    Lovely. I really liked her as a skater and expected her to do much better than she did at the 2006 Olympics. But she came back at worlds and arguably unlucky not to win the bronze there. Also her loops were gorgeous. Unfortunately I don't think any of those triple-triples would be ratified under the current COP rules.

vCash
    Thanks for the montage of her different triple+triple jumps. Although the rules are different under COP and it probably wouldn't be credited as a combo or sequence I did love the 3sal+.5loop+3loop sequence at the 1998 Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    Here's my next video. Elena Sokolova's attempts at different triple-triples from her whole career.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYdyIVIfLE

Enjoy, share & comment .
    It was somewhat amazing that Elena would perform Lutz jump with no edge problems and then consistantly under rotate the Toe Loop. The majority of current Lady skater get edge calls on the Lutz.

I did like watching her skate.
    Morry Stillwell

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    It was somewhat amazing that Elena would perform Lutz jump with no edge problems and then consistantly under rotate the Toe Loop. The majority of current Lady skater get edge calls on the Lutz.
    In what way is that amazing, if you don't mind my asking? Arakawa had a great lutz jump with no edge problems yet consistently under-rotated the toe loop too. Same with Kimmie Meissner. I don't see how the two elements are connected?
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    Yes, the problem is the landing on the lutz. On the video, it's clear that she has a great Lutz jump, but almost no speed going into the Toe loop.
    What a great jumper, and I didn't remember she attempted so many 3/3 after 2003 Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think any of those triple-triples would be ratified under the current COP rules.
    Fully agree with you.
    Nice skater for the time period. Looking at the video however, 90 % of jumps are under rotated and would not count these days.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Out of all those attempts, there was only ONE that could have passed muster. And even that one on slo-mo probably was UR. It's frustrating because she was almost there, and just needed another inch off the ground.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Out of all those attempts, there was only ONE that could have passed muster. And even that one on slo-mo probably was UR. It's frustrating because she was almost there, and just needed another inch off the ground.
    Whch one do you mean? I think that a few of those combos could've gotten < but the rest <<.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Which proves, "gravity Sucks"
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    She seemed to land forwards on most of the second triple toes.

I was impressed with the height and length she got on her triple lutzes, but she lost a lot of speed on the landing and just didn't have the height for the triple toe.

Blergh
    vCash
    I wish someone would do a montage of her footwork sequences instead. She had some great ones.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce