View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link among these past champions?

Voters
373. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lu Chen

    144 38.61%
  • Michelle Kwan

    21 5.63%
  • Irina Slutskaya

    43 11.53%
  • Mao Asada

    120 32.17%
  • Yuna Kim

    45 12.06%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 287
  1. #201
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    well let this also be my last responce to you!

    you're example is kind of usueles

    why, because Mao never had deal with toe-axels or lippers, nor did she lose her big tricks after she grow up( she won both her titles with the 2 3-3 in one and 3 3A in the other) so in the end it's out of content, so it all goes back to my previous point without a good technique you wouldn't be able to execute good quality jumps and difficulty, and Mao has showed both, by doing her jumps right and still making it look effortles, and that's how it should look when it's done right!
    Well, Mao had issues with her 3toe. She was routinely downgraded due to her pre-rotation early in her career. And no she doesn't 'lip', heavens. She can't find a back outside edge to save herself. No salchow. And unfortunately has a knack for URs. I really don't know what skater you think you are seeing, but Mao has some serious tech issues.

    But I don't want to get involved. Nevermind.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

  2. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's amazing that the gap between Lu and Mao is always around 20.

  3. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    335
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    well let this also be my last responce to you!

    you're example is kind of usueles

    why, because Mao never had deal with toe-axels or lippers, nor did she lose her big tricks after she grow up( she won both her titles with the 2 3-3 in one and 3 3A in the other) so in the end it's out of content, so it all goes back to my previous point without a good technique you wouldn't be able to execute good quality jumps and difficulty, and Mao has showed both, by doing her jumps right and still making it look effortles, and that's how it should look when it's done right!
    WTF are you on?

  4. #204

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,978
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    2486
    Gee, don't get too worked at this round. ROUND 9 is comming!



    and Amy03, would you qoute others' post rightly please?
    This too will pass away.

  5. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,816
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    WTF are you on?
    That poster is Mao's PR agent.

  6. #206

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    That poster is Mao's PR agent.
    Hahaha.

    I love Mao, and I can take or leave Yuna (leaning more towards the leave.. other than "correct" jump technique, I find nothing about her appealing, other than her face), however Yuna is obviously the greater "champion".

    I think mao would have been a superb 6.0 skater.

  7. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,696
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    Hahaha.

    I think mao would have been a superb 6.0 skater.
    Yes but falls were brutal under 6.0. She wouldn't have the rotation problems that she does under IJS but her falls and missing a jump would have been brutal.

  8. #208

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    I think she would have fallen less, because she wouldn't have had to rework her jumps to get all the way around..

  9. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    It's amazing that the gap between Lu and Mao is always around 20.
    I also think this is rather odd.

  10. #210

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Curiouser and curiouser, Chen is always behind Mao by exact 20. This poll has a tally of 353 voters compares to the Mens at 160, and the dances at 83.

    May I make a suggestion to have a full disclosure on these poll so we can see just who vote on these polls I wonder how many of them has 0 post history being new registrants.
    Last edited by os168; 07-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.

  11. #211
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33733
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Curiouser and curiouser, Chen is always behind Mao by exact 20. This poll has a tally of 353 voters compares to the Mens at 160, and the dances at 83.

    May I make a suggestion to have a full disclosure on these poll so we can see just who vote on these polls I wonder how many of them has 0 post history being new registrants.
    Ask for a photo ID..

  12. #212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I would never vote for Mao now, for me she rocked Vancouver and bounched back great from a bad season, even with her problems now her skating has sincerity and I really love her exhibitions, she is as light as a butterfly and skates with her heart, I voted Yuna cause I admire her as competitor but I like all the rest more plus I find her exhibitions post Vancouver one more great market advertisment, it is more about her image sold than the audience or the program.

  13. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    May I make a suggestion to have a full disclosure on these poll so we can see just who vote on these polls I wonder how many of them has 0 post history being new registrants.
    I don't think anyone with right minds would try to rig this poll.
    But I would like to look at the list of voters just out of curiosity.

  14. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    I voted Yuna cause I admire her as competitor but I like all the rest more plus I find her exhibitions post Vancouver one more great market advertisment, it is more about her image sold than the audience or the program.
    I agree.

  15. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I don't think anyone with right minds would try to rig this poll.
    But I would like to look at the list of voters just out of curiosity.
    Would it be bitchy to suggest that this doesn't describe everyone here?

  16. #216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Katellorizo
    Posts
    3,485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I based my vote on which skater has the most annoying ubers.

    And if you want me to vote for your favorite skater next week, I'm sure you know what to do.

  17. #217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I don't think anyone with right minds would try to rig this poll.
    In other words, there's some craaaazzzzyyy people here....

  18. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I don't think anyone with right minds would try to rig this poll.
    I personally am so curious to see the real results, that I would never consider rigging those polls, irrespective of who are my favourite skaters. Especially because I also want to see what other people really think of them. But I believe that there are enough people who would - just to show everyone else that their favourite skater is the greatest and the most popular, even if they have to live with knowing that the "win" is not real.

  19. #219

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    Seems like Lulu will be out in this round. But you gotta admit, she was truly special.

  20. #220
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33733
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Seems like Lulu will be out in this round. But you gotta admit, she was truly special.
    Yes, she was.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •