View Poll Results: Who will win the WAG All Around at London 2012?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aliya Mustafina

13 16.05%
  • Viktoria Komova

18 22.22%
  • Anastasia Grishina

0 0%
  • Jordyn Wieber

21 25.93%
  • Gabrielle Douglas

18 22.22%
  • Alexandra Raisman

4 4.94%
  • Kyla Ross

0 0%
  • Larisa Iordache

5 6.17%
  • Yao Jinnan

0 0%
  • Jiang Yuyuan

0 0%
  • Deng Linlin

1 1.23%
  • Other

1 1.23%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Gymnastics: Who will win the WAG All Around at London 2012?

Who do you think will win the WAG All Around at London 2012?

vCash
    I voted for Aliya. Love this girl and I am so looking forward to her Komova, Iordache, Weiber, and Douglas fighting it out for gold.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I just have this feeling - and have for a while - that this is Jordyn's.

vCash
    I'm really hoping for Mustafina.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Komova. I think Wieber will be 2nd, and Iordache or Mustafina 3rd.

vCash
    Wieber is pretty much a lock I am sorry to say, as I am not even a fan of hers. She will stamp herself the virtually undisputed greatest American gymnast ever by becoming the first American to ever win both World and Olympic AA gold, something which Miller, Johnson, Liukin, Patterson, Retton, Zmeskal, Memmel, Dawes, all attempted but failed to do. Silver and bronze are wide open amongst 7 or more girls.

vCash
    I decided to vote for Aly Raisman. Hehehehehehe.

At this point I do feel Jordyn has the best chance of winning, but she's going up against two extremely gifted Russian gymnasts who will not make it easy for her. IMO Aliya and Viktoria are the two most talented AAers in the world right now and I'd be happy if either of them won.
    But if everyone else caves under the immense pressure, Aly will be the one to still hit. And I can't remember which person said they'd laugh if she ended up winning, but I'll be cackling with them if she does.

vCash
    Why can't I vote for more than one?

I voted Mustafina because that's who I want to win. I can't wait to watch her battle it out with Iordache, Komova and Wieber.

I wouldn't mind Douglas making the AA podium, but that's a looooooong shot.

vCash
    I can't vote. Honestly I can't, lol. I love Iordache, Komova, Mustafina, Jinnan, Deng Linlin and Quishuang. I like Douglas.

vCash
    Aliya

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am guessing:

Komova
    Wieber
    Mustafina
    Douglas

I think if Douglas hits she could be 2nd (or even win if Komova has a mistake) but I don't know if I see her hitting 4 solid routines during the Olympic AA.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Komova will win if she hits. The Wieber hype is making me very dreary.

Hoping for a Komova, Douglas, Mustafina/Wieber podium.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I don't even know who I want to win. I want both Komova and Mustafina to win AA, and I want both US and Russia to win team.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I prefer the lean-slender Russians or Chinese to muscular Mighty-Mite Americans, so I'm with KOMOVA (voted for her here) and the Chinese Ladies! Had McKayla Maroney been eligible for the All Around, I would have been rooting for that American to win because she is a beauty.

Secret Wish: That Mustafina would also be in contention. Loved her at 2010 Worlds.

vCash
    Only 2 votes for Iordache. I am kind of surprised given the hype around her lately. I do concur however as with no Amanar and a lame bars set which scores much lower than even Wieber, she really doesnt have much hope at this point though. Raisman even probably has a better shot, she has an Amanar which gives her a points edge on vault, her bars is about the same, her beam is only a little behind Iordache, and their floors are about the same and both will be fighting for floor gold. Iordache needs an Amanar to even beat a hit Raisman probably, not that Raisman is even likely to be in AA finals with the 2 country rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Only 2 votes for Iordache. I am kind of surprised given the hype around her lately. I do concur however as with no Amanar and a lame bars set which scores much lower than even Wieber, she really doesnt have much hope at this point though. Raisman even probably has a better shot, she has an Amanar which gives her a points edge on vault, her bars is about the same, her beam is only a little behind Iordache, and their floors are about the same and both will be fighting for floor gold. Iordache needs an Amanar to even beat a hit Raisman probably, not that Raisman is even likely to be in AA finals with the 2 country rule.
    Iordache's bar is similar to Wieber rather than Raisman. That is where the difference comes from. Larissa can put up huge scores on Beam and Floor (slightly higher than Raisman). So combination Bars, floor, beam Larissa is better than Wieber and far ahead of Raisman. Wieber with her amanar will beat Larissa (assuming Larissa does get an amanar) by London but will beat Raisman since she has a larger deficient to make up. However, with all the talk of Larissa and her Amanar she can clearly match wiener and may be even beat her.

vCash
    Wieber can score over 15 on bars. Iordache can barely score over 14 on bars. How is that similar.

vCash
    Wieber can score over 15 on bars. Iordache can barely score over 14 on bars. How is that similar.
    In internal US events...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    In internal US events...
    Her routine tonight would have scored atleast a 15.1 in an international event. It sure as heck would have scored alot higher than Larisa can manage.

vCash
    Her routine tonight would have scored atleast a 15.1 in an international event. It sure as heck would have scored alot higher than Larisa can manage.
    Larissa score around 14.6 internationally, as for Wieber she scores high in US. However check her score from worlds, her E score was low. 15 is something i would expect someone great to score especially since internationally highest E score that are given are around 9.1. Jordyn is a very good gymnast but bar is not her strength, Jordyn scored a 8.2 E score for a hit routine at the worlds EF . That is the range she will get internationally, 14.7 ish score.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast