3 9.38%
  • Tatiana Nabieva

1 3.13%
  • Jordyn Wieber

3 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

WAG Bars- Who will medal?

Coming up with the right 12 is tricky on all these polls...

vCash
    Komova to win easily. Whoever gets the other Russian spot into finals between Mustafina and Grishina to win silver. Tweddle for bronze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Komova to win easily. Whoever gets the other Russian spot into finals between Mustafina and Grishina to win silver. Tweddle for bronze.
    Most probably. Though I would like some Obscure European Gymnast like Dufournet or Seitz to sneak in.

vCash
    Dufournet could definitely win a medal. I just hope Tweddle and Mustafina medal since I love their routines so that is why I didnt pick her. Her chances are probably about the same as theirs though.

vCash
    Dufournet could definitely win a medal. I just hope Tweddle and Mustafina medal since I love their routines so that is why I didnt pick her. Her chances are probably about the same as theirs though.
    I'm not sure how Dufournet definetly can win a medal. She couldn't even come close to medaling at Euros. I think a lot of mess ups for that to happen.

I think at this point barring seeing the Chinese and Douglas truly having a 6.8 bars routine (which considering Douglas has issues consistently doing 6.6 I am not so sure about it)

I think the podium is Komova, Mustafina, Tweddle. Tweddle may have "local girl"sentiment for gold. I think the Russians are looking at going 1-2 on bars; considering Beth hasn't been very consistent on bars lately IMO.

I think this time if Komova/Mustafina messes up bars in prelims; the Russians will take out Grishina unlike they did in Euros... At Euros Mustafina/Grishina either one would at least get them gold/silver.

vCash
    There are four gymnasts that can win Gold. Those are Xexin who could have a 7.4 UB routine. Tweddle who will upgrade from what she delivered recently and Komova and Mustafina. Komova seems to have a slight edge on Mustafina but I like Mustafina's bars better. I think those four will win Gold and Silver and possibly the bronze.

Tweddle and Xexin are far more likely to be messy and falter and hence I would favour Mustafina and Komova for Gold and Silver.

Others in contention for Bronze is Huang Quishuang a bronze medalist last year and when on has some really nice Bars. Dufornet who packs difficulty but can be messy. Douglas who has nice bar work but I don't think is in contention for Gold or Silver. Yao Jinnan and Grishina could both pick up bronze if one of their team members faltered. Nabieva too is capable of Bronze if someone falters and thus she makes the final.

Ross looks good for making the final. Seitz too could find herself in the final.

vCash
    After watching the routines I really think if Komova hits she really should win. And before I thought Aliya. Viktoria has just the most beautiful airy swing. Although Aliya is amazing too. I really do think in terms of difficulty and execution Komova/Mustafina are the best two in the world.

vCash
    Mustafina, Komova, Tweddle.

vCash
    I really hope that Beth can medal.

And it is probably Mustafina's best Chance for gold, so I hope she wins (or even better the AA)

vCash
    This is the EF I am most excited for. I think it'll either be Mustafina or Komova for the gold, and Beth for bronze. Dark horses are He Kexin and Gabby.
    I want Mustafina to win though-she is my absolute fav on bars.

vCash
    What is Tweddle's D score currently? Is it as high as the Russians? If it is I wouldnt be surprised if she is given gold due to sentimental reasons if she does a good routine, even if she isnt really the best.

Also if He Kexin hits her potential 7.4 routine would she win, even if her execution isnt very good anymore.

vCash
    What is Tweddle's D score currently? Is it as high as the Russians? If it is I wouldnt be surprised if she is given gold due to sentimental reasons if she does a good routine, even if she isnt really the best.

Also if He Kexin hits her potential 7.4 routine would she win, even if her execution isnt very good anymore.
    The All Round site has Tweddle at 7.0 which matches what the Russians have. But I don't really know how they take those scores.

And to answer your second question. Xexin would have to produce a mighty clean UB set to upset the Russians I think. Why I think Tweddle will struggle as well.

vCash
    Iordache, Ponor, Raisman.