Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    In NYC and back online after a whole day out at Arthur Ashe.

High points:
    * Elegant tennis court dryer-zamboni choreography, in figure eights, repeated several times over. I award a 6.0 for artistic impression!
    * Getting to see Roger live for the first time, and at least he played well for one set.
    * Seeing Andy's last match, and at least playing fairly well against a darn good Del Potro for the first two sets.
    * A classy Del Potro afterwards.
    * Marion Bartoli going for it and not giving up.
    * Lots of fan goodies as usual, like the free earpiece for American Express cardholders that has a radio simulcast of the ESPN commentary, and a special lounge for cardholders inside the American Express Fan Experience full of charging stations and a private cafe. Everybody can also analyze their serve and play on an indoor practice court. Amex is also offering a $10 credit for Foursquare users if you spend at least $20 on an Amex card in one purchase anywhere at the Open (which is quite easy). Separately, you can also check out Mercedes-Benz cars, a Panasonic booth where they're lending cameras for free, and the Emirates Airline first-class private suite.
    * Pretty good food as usual, including the Carnegie Deli, some good Indian food, a stand with humanely-raised beef, a revamped Heineken Red Star Cafe with lots more seating, and even the humdrum chicken caesar wraps from inside the stadium were cool.

Low points:
    * Getting to hear Shriekapova, partially mitigated by the fact that she wasn't too bad in person (at least today).
    * The rain delays and the missed Murray-Cilic match in the day session (relocated to Armstrong), partially mitigated by the fact that we did get good tennis for the remainder of the day session.
    * Federer just... all over the place.
    * A fat old guy invading my seat in section 202 after I got up for 5 minutes after the 4th set in Federer-Berdych just to throw my trash away. I politely asked him whether the seat was his, to which he sheepishly admitted that it wasn't. When I noted the seat was mine and that I'd been sitting there for 4 hours already, he didn't budge. I got the ushers involved, and he impudently insisted that I prove that the seat was mine. Well, I had my ticket in my hand, and my seatmates came to my defense. He stalked off silently, but not before I uttered some choice words, like "have you no f**king shame?" C*nt.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 09-06-2012 at 06:50 AM.

vCash
    ^I've seen Sharapova live, twice, and I really didn't think her grunt was that bad in person. Maybe the mics on TV make it sound worse?

Anyway, @ Fed. And Cilic actually, but for different reasons.

Serena

Berdych

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I get a really itty-bitty Norma Desmond vibe off of Rog these days. Still love him, though......
    Who?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    * A fat old guy invading my seat in section 202 after I got up for 5 minutes after the 4th set in Federer-Berdych just to throw my trash away. I politely asked him whether the seat was his, to which he sheepishly admitted that it wasn't. When I noted the seat was mine and that I'd been sitting there for 4 hours already, he didn't budge. I got the ushers involved, and he impudently insisted that I prove that the seat was mine. Well, I had my ticket in my hand, and my seatmates came to my defense. He stalked off silently, but not before I uttered some choice words, like "have you no f**king shame?" C*nt.
    You go!!!!!!!

Worra T**T.

vCash
    On the bright side for Federer, he won't need to get a new pair of sneakers with a trophy sporting his updated number of US Open wins... it will remain unchanged.

vCash
    * A fat old guy invading my seat in section 202 ..........He stalked off silently, but not before I uttered some choice words, like "have you no f**king shame?" C*nt.
    Oh crap, you went all Patti LuPone on his ass, good for you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Who?!
    Oy vey, here we go again: Norma Desmond

When I finally write Gay Culture for Twinks, YOU my dear boy get the very first signed copy.

Actually, can you do ME a solid? What the heck does "Worra T**T" mean? I imagine it to be something New Zealandish....

Prick Admin
    vCash
    * Lots of fan goodies as usual, like the free earpiece for American Express cardholders that has a radio simulcast of the ESPN commentary, and a special lounge for cardholders inside the American Express Fan Experience full of charging stations and a private cafe. Everybody can also analyze their serve and play on an indoor practice court. Amex is also offering a $10 credit for Foursquare users if you spend at least $20 on an Amex card in one purchase anywhere at the Open (which is quite easy). Separately, you can also check out Mercedes-Benz cars, a Panasonic booth where they're lending cameras for free, and the Emirates Airline first-class private suite.
    Are you sponsored by American Express?

* Pretty good food as usual, including the Carnegie Deli, some good Indian food, a stand with humanely-raised beef, a revamped Heineken Red Star Cafe with lots more seating, and even the humdrum chicken caesar wraps from inside the stadium were cool.
    "Humanely-raised beef"? Is that the PC term now for cows that frolick in buttercup filled meadows and get twice daily massages before being tasered?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus
    Actually, can you do ME a solid? What the heck does "Worra T**T" mean? I imagine it to be something New Zealandish....
    Translation: "What a twat". Twat meaning idiot rather than vagina.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Translation: "What a twat". Twat meaning idiot rather than vagina.

I thought L_S was about to do a haka.

vCash
    I apologise for my potty mouth.

vCash
    I apologise for my potty mouth.
    Oh please, twat (and worse) is part of my daily vocab.

Wowzers, we're up to the Mixed final already?

I sorta hope the Italian ladies win their semi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Oh crap, you went all Patti LuPone on his ass, good for you!
    You do this to me on purpose.

vCash
    You do this to me on purpose.
    Oh honey, at least Patti is still ALIVE, you need to know her!

I'm so glad I can be your Obi-Wan Gaynobi.

vCash
    I've never seen Evita. Not even with Madonna.

vCash
    I've never seen Evita. Not even with Madonna.
    Eh, that sets, costumes, and cinematography were the best things about Madge's version. Banderas actually wasn't bad either.

Get thee Patti's Original B'way Cast recording. A classic, even though I find Mandy Patinkin to be god-awful and overrated.

Back to tennis: Errani/Vinci take the 1st set!

vCash
    Carnegie Deli and the US Open go together for me. Also the Grey Goose drink they serve at a booth (I have souvenir glasses from 2008 and 2010).

Hope to go back next year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Carnegie Deli and the US Open go together for me. Also the Grey Goose drink they serve at a booth (I have souvenir glasses from 2008 and 2010).
    The HoneyDeuce!!! Isn't it delish?

And so easy to make at home.

vCash
    Sara Errani is taking over the world.

vCash
    Oooh, thanks for the link Fergus. I should make some for the men's final!

I didn't know there was such a thing as frozen honeydew melons, hopefully it's easy to find at the supermarket.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is it cliffy's anniversary? he isnt retiring is he?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast