Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

vCash
    ((((Andy)))
    ((((Roger)))

vCash
    Roger's twins are adorable. The twin on the left has a outgoing personality. She's very jovial and kissing her dad.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    My uterus is skipping a beat with those shots of the twins

I hope Roger brings them down to the court like Kim Clijsters did with her kid.

Vacant
    vCash
    And that is why I respect Andy Murray so much. No PC bullshit, just honesty through and through. If he's pissed, we know it, if he's happy, we kind of hope we know it, and when he's suffering we know it. He's just done himself a MASSIVE favour with that speech IMO with the Brit press too not to mention the general public at large.

vCash
    You have to wonder more and more if Murray will ever win a slam. Here was a rare instance he had to beat only 1 of the big 3 and still couldnt despite playing great. Almost always he will have to beat 2 of them, which seems impossible for him. Roger is probably near the end, but Djokovic and Nadal will be winning slams many more years and are Andy's age. The new threats like Raonic will start winning majors at some point.

I predicted after last years Australian Open final that Murray would never win a slam. I still stand by that prediction. I give him to the 2015 Australian Open to win his first, and if he still hasnt by then he never will (if he has won atleast one by then, he could potentially win more, but he isnt winning his maiden slam that late).

vCash
    Poor Murray. My parents are outraged he had to speak on court at all given the state he was in. LOL.

I certainly warmed to him today.

(Still, I'm glad Fed won )

vCash
    I think Pippa is a closet Fed fan

vCash
    I'm so gutted for Andy. At least he managed to take the first set and didn't lose on straight sets.

That interview on court is a really hard thing to do. I can't imagine how Andy got through that - it's hard enough to have to lose without immediately sharing your thoughts in front of a microphone with the whole crowd. I thought he did brilliantly to manage to speak.

vCash
    I'm laughing because earlier in the tournament I was watching ESPN and Mary Jo Fernandez and Patrick McEnroe were asked if Roger would win another slam. Patrick said without hesitation "No."

I'm so happy he was wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    And that is why I respect Andy Murray so much. No PC bullshit, just honesty through and through. If he's pissed, we know it, if he's happy, we kind of hope we know it, and when he's suffering we know it. He's just done himself a MASSIVE favour with that speech IMO with the Brit press too not to mention the general public at large.
    Completely agree with this!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    You have to wonder more and more if Murray will ever win a slam. Here was a rare instance he had to beat only 1 of the big 3 and still couldnt despite playing great. Almost always he will have to beat 2 of them, which seems impossible for him. Roger is probably near the end, but Djokovic and Nadal will be winning slams many more years and are Andy's age. The new threats like Raonic will start winning majors at some point.

I predicted after last years Australian Open final that Murray would never win a slam. I still stand by that prediction. I give him to the 2015 Australian Open to win his first, and if he still hasnt by then he never will (if he has won atleast one by then, he could potentially win more, but he isnt winning his maiden slam that late).
    Was it you or one of your pseuds who predicted that Federer would never win a slam again? In any case, I'd step away from the prediction game if I were you.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    I'm laughing because earlier in the tournament I was watching ESPN and Mary Jo Fernandez and Patrick McEnroe were asked if Roger would win another slam. Patrick said without hesitation "No."

I'm so happy he was wrong.

This victory is so sweet.

Still my heart goes out to Andy Murray. I hope he doesn't follow down the same path Andy Roddick did after losing the title to Federer in 2009.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post

2 of my favorite men's tennis players didn't win a GS after several tries; Agassi and Lendl. I think Andy has some GS in his future. He's getting closer and closer. He is improving his game with Lendl as a coach. Andy is not so far behind Djokovic, Nadal and Federer in regards to skill and talent. Andy being/playing more aggressive gives him a particular edge against Novak in my opinion. He matches up much better against Novak than he does with Nadal or Federer.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Federer is the greatest of all time bar none, I feel bad for GB and the Murray people, this would have been the icing on the cake, but Wimbledon finalist is nothing to shake a stick at. I really hope that this will give him some more motivation come back and maybe finally take that final step next year.
    Kyle

vCash
    YAY!!! ROGER CAME THROUGH FOR THE TWINS!!!
    Last edited by twinsissv; 07-09-2012 at 03:40 AM.

vCash
    Can I also congratulate Canada's Felip Peliwo for winning the boys singles title today as well? Canadians won the boys and girls signles and girls doubles titles this week Along with Milos Raonic, the return of Aleksandra Wozniak, the leadership of Daniel Nestor, Canada has never been in such a strong place for tennis. So much to look forward to.
    Kyle

vCash
    Roger's sharing about taking the twins onto Center Court last Sunday was lovely.

vCash
    Damn yahoo mail spoiled it for me -- why do I need news with my email?

Congrats to Roger, huge accomplishment at 17 majors!

I'm so gutted for Murray, especially after the men's double finals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I think Pippa is a closet Fed fan
    Her dress almost matched the twins dresses.

vCash
    Andy. His speech was very touching. Hope he can eventually break through at a GS.

I'm glad though Federer was able to get another since for a few years it looked like he was done winning majors.

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast