Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am going to place a bet on Murray to win in 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I am going to place a bet on Murray to win in 4.
    I'll up that and say Federer in 4

vCash
    Murray is one of those few players I just can't stand. Very talented, but his on court persona completely turns me off.

Hoping, hoping, hoping Roger pulls it out on Sunday.

vCash
    I hope Murray wins the Wimbledon, that is be such a good news just before the Olympics, almost like Greece winning Euro before the Olympics (Ok, that might be a bit OT)

vCash
    Murray wins! Wow... Gotta hand it to Jo-Willy for being so classy at the end of the match, good for him!

I still think this is Federer's to lose. 4 sets 6-3 5-7 6-3 6-2. He's got way more experience, has won this six times, has just been playing lights out the last two weeks, but if Murray is on... wow, this match is going to be one for the ages...
    Kyle

vCash
    Whatever the result, it will be good for the sport.
    I'm delighted for both Murray and Federer.

vCash
    OK this interviewer on the BBC is an absolute idiot - what stupid questions

vCash
    This is the 3rd GS final and he will be ready. He has NOTHING to lose. I gotta feeling Murray is gonna win. Murray has been playing the best tennis so far over the fortnight of all the men's players.

Kudos to Lendl and the changes he's made to Andy's match preparation and mental strength.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    ^This is Murray's 4th slam final. But I agree this is possibly his best chance.

Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Murray is one of those few players I just can't stand. Very talented, but his on court persona completely turns me off.
    You know what, even lots of Brit don't really like him that much per se (at least the people I know lol) but of course we support him anyway. I can understand why people don't warm to him. It's taken me a long time! ha!

vCash
    Federer is probably the hardest person for Murray to beat in a slam final since if Federer is in his slam final that already guarantees he is in form. Murray doesnt have the game to have much or any chance vs Federer in form, despite their very close overall head to head which is basically indicative that he hasnt played Roger in that many really big matches more than anything. Atleast Nadal or Djokovic, Murray has beaten in form, and likewise Nadal and Djokovic can both beat Federer (or each other) in good form. Of the top 4 matchups the Federer-Murray one is the one almost most dependant on one players play, and so Murray beating Federer in a slam final itself would be a monumental task.

That said I am rooting for Murray but fully expect Federer to come out on top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    This is the 3rd GS final and he will be ready. He has NOTHING to lose. I gotta feeling Murray is gonna win. Murray has been playing the best tennis so far over the fortnight of all the men's players.

Kudos to Lendl and the changes he's made to Andy's match preparation and mental strength.
    It is his 4th GS final - but his 1st Wimbledon final - the pressure on him to win will be beyond intense. If you've seen any of the BBC coverage I'm sure you will understand what I mean. I seriously don't believe he will be able to handle that pressure - it is something he has never ever experienced!!

I'm a Brit and have had a very hard time warming to him - he is slowly growing on me but I have been a Federer supporter forever so cannot find it in myself to cheer for Murray
    Last edited by Lorac; 07-06-2012 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    I'm an American but don't like or support most of the American men. I like tennis because the players are so independent. They don't have to make their country's team, there isn't a cap on how many players from the same country can qualify to a tournament.

But since there's been such a drought in British tennis champions, I guess I can see where the need to support Murray comes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    It is his 4th GS final - but his 1st Wimbledon final - the pressure on him to win will be beyond intense. If you've seen any of the BBC coverage I'm sure you will understand what I mean. I seriously don't believe he will be able to handle that pressure - it is something he has never ever experienced!!

I'm a Brit and have had a very hard time warming to him - he is slowly growing on me but I have been a Federer supporter forever so cannot find it in myself to cheer for Murray
    You are right his 4th final; I was referring to his 3 previous slam finals.

I know the pressure on Andy is crazy but do people really believe that losing to the greatest grass court player would be a surprise or a huge disappointment? He's playing Roger.

With that said, he's beaten Roger 3 out of the last 4 times. Last meeting in March 2012.

That's why I said he really has nothing to lose. I think he needs to play at Roger's pace on his serve. He has done well using this tactic in 4th and quarter final rounds.

I've always liked Murray's game. He's a fantastic mover around the court. He's moody attitude didn't really bother me that much. He's changed and grown up so much over the last year and half.

Lendl's influence is doing wonderful things for his game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Federer is probably the hardest person for Murray to beat in a slam final since if Federer is in his slam final that already guarantees he is in form. Murray doesnt have the game to have much or any chance vs Federer in form, despite their very close overall head to head which is basically indicative that he hasnt played Roger in that many really big matches more than anything. Atleast Nadal or Djokovic, Murray has beaten in form, and likewise Nadal and Djokovic can both beat Federer (or each other) in good form. Of the top 4 matchups the Federer-Murray one is the one almost most dependant on one players play, and so Murray beating Federer in a slam final itself would be a monumental task.

That said I am rooting for Murray but fully expect Federer to come out on top.
    I would have said that before, but Murray is playing more offensive instead of defensive. His movement can cause issues for Roger ala Nadal.

vCash
    H2H's, past matches, GS record, their form this tournament - it all mean nothing.

I can feel it in my waters that Murray will win, and my waters never let me down.

That's all you need to know.

vCash
    With that said, he's beaten Roger 3 out of the last 4 times. Last meeting in March 2012.
    2 out of 4. And three of those matches took place in 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    H2H's, past matches, GS record, their form this tournament - it all mean nothing.

I can feel it in my waters that Murray will win, and my waters never let me down.

That's all you need to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    2 out of 4. And three of those matches took place in 2010.
    I looked at atptour.com head to head matches and Andy has beaten Roger 3 of the last 4 times.

The last win was in March 2012. Granted the 3 other matches were in 2010. Andy is a better player than 2010.

Both Andy and Roger have pressure on them. Roger needs to prove he can win a slam after not playing a GS final since 2011 FO.

vCash
    Both Andy and Roger have pressure on them. Roger needs to prove he can win a slam after not playing a GS final since 2011 FO.
    Trust me you need to be here in the UK to fully get the pressure Murray is under to win here - the pressure on Roger is nothing in comparison. I reckon Murray should just not put the TV, look onto the internet, check twitter or look at any paper between now and the final - it will be utterly relentless. Unfortunately he cannot avoid his press conferences but he is usually good and dour in those

It will however be interesting for Roger to have center court cheering against him - they have always been huge supporters of him in prior finals

vCash
    Are we looking at the same Head-to-Head?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/...=F324&oId=MC10

I agree, they both have pressure. But after 16 GS wins, I don't think Roger has anything left to prove.

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast