Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Oh well, don't even need to watch the final on Saturday now as it's pretty obvious who'll win.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Oh well, don't even need to watch the final on Saturday now as it's pretty obvious who'll win.
    Exactly

vCash
    It would have been even more obvious if it were Azarenka vs Radwanska. Why anyone thinks that would be a great or compelling final is beyond me. Did anyone even see their last match. Radwanaka atleast has maybe a 4% to beat Serena vs the something below zero chance she would have had of beating Azarenka.

vCash
    Agnieszka will become #1 if she wins the title
    I wanted a Kerber/Azarenka final, so both people I wanted lost today. Sad Panda

vCash
    Vika, I'm so gut you are in the great form.

but Serena's serve is just too strong.

vCash
    Serena

I actually think Serena-Radwanska has more potential than had Vika made the final. Vika has beaten Aga six times this year alone, the last four being in straight sets that weren't even close

Saturday could be quite interesting as they have contrasting styles - it depends which Serena shows up though. If she's a little off I'd pick Aga for a win
    Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 07-05-2012 at 04:36 PM.

vCash
    Lipsky/Ram took the Bryans to 5 sets before the latter team pulled off the win!

American doubles boys!!!

vCash
    Lipsky/Ram! You idiots!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    It would have been even more obvious if it were Azarenka vs Radwanska. Why anyone thinks that would be a great or compelling final is beyond me. Did anyone even see their last match. Radwanaka atleast has maybe a 4% to beat Serena vs the something below zero chance she would have had of beating Azarenka.
    I agree. Perhaps the Serena-Radwanska match will surprise us. However, Serena has been awe-inspiring this tournament and it would be a shock if that didn't continue through the final.

vCash
    Like oleada, am bummed about both results today. But Azarenka did play great. She needs to get more free points on her serve to help her be more dominating overall. Something to work on.

I will need meds tomorrow during Federer vs. Djokovic.

vCash
    Ugh, the final is going to be a cakewalk for Serena. If Aggie is lucky she'll maybe get 5 or 6 games off Serena at the most but this is going to be a blasting. No use in even watching
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    Like oleada, am bummed about both results today. But Azarenka did play great. She needs to get more free points on her serve to help her be more dominating overall. Something to work on.

I will need meds tomorrow during Federer vs. Djokovic.
    Me too!
    I agree about Vika playing great. She'll be a huge force this summer, when the tour will be back on her beloved hard courts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Ugh, the final is going to be a cakewalk for Serena. If Aggie is lucky she'll maybe get 5 or 6 games off Serena at the most but this is going to be a blasting. No use in even watching
    There was never going to be a good final once the semis were set. The bottom half winner was always going to win easily. Had it been Azarenka vs Radwanska it probably would have been 0 and 1 for Azarenka or some joke like, an even worse match. The only outside chance of an upset would have been Kerber beating Azarenka, and that only about 20% at best. I still laugh that there are people who think Radwanska vs Azarenka would have been a better final (well maybe if you are a Azarenka fan and only cared about her being a certain winner, lol). That would have been the biggest joke final of all.

vCash
    Let's be more optimistic guys! I genuinely think the final could be very interesting! Let's not write Radwanska off so easily!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Let's be more optimistic guys! I genuinely think the final could be very interesting! Let's not write Radwanska off so easily!
    I agree. If Serena has a big attack of nerves like the U.S Open final or Radwanska's variety throws her off she could be in trouble. Mind you if she serves like today it is lights out, but there is potential for a tougher match than expected. Atleast there is more hope for a surprisingly close contest than Radwanska vs Azarenka would have been. They havent even played in 4 years so there isnt even much evidence to the matchup to date.

vCash
    I agree! When Serena gets *too* confident, it can sometimes backfire.

Radwanska has some sick competitive skills, I can definitely see her making a match out of this! At least, I hope so..........!

vCash
    Not only did Vika have a bad day on court, her warm-up routine was interupted.

Fashion Misstep

vCash
    I too agree. Didn't we all pretty much engrave Sharapova's name on the Wimbledon trophy last year before her match with Kvitova?

No doubt Radwanska has an uphill battle facing Serena Williams in a slam final, but there have been many unexpected outcomes in women's tennis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I too agree. Didn't we all pretty much engrave Sharapova's name on the Wimbledon trophy last year before her match with Kvitova?

No doubt Radwanska has an uphill battle facing Serena Williams in a slam final, but there have been many unexpected outcomes in women's tennis.
    I hope that nerves donlt get to Radwanska - but I really don't hold out that much hope for her if Serena serves anything like she did yesterday. If Serena's serve goes off the boil the Aggie has a chance if she can get some good rallies going.

As to todays semi's I am going for Federer and Tosonga. Everyone seems to think Novak is playing too well for Roger to have a chance but I think Roger could spring a surprise here. And Tsonga has the game to beat Murray and I think the pressure will once again get to Andy.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Not really too bothered who wins Federer/Djokovic match (although I slightly prefer Federer), but can't stand Tsonga which of course means that he'll beat Murray.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast