Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan

engaged to dupa
    vCash

Michelle Kwan

There was just an announcement on CNN that they're going to be talking to MK live in the next hour about her role in diplomacy. For those not at home I think you can watch it live streamed on CNN but that's all the info I've got.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    On now - she's sounding (and looking) good.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Thanks, milanessa! Just watched.

For those who didn't, Michelle and Christine Brennan were interviewed on an outdoor set. Michelle talked about her work with the President's Council on Fitness and her work with the State Dept to promote sports for girls in other countries. Christine talked about Title IX. Also about obesity rates and the importance of funding sports programs in schools. Interview was about 5 min long.

They also talked about the Olys and the importance of athletes from different nations coming together to compete.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Chrstine Brennan tweeted about talking to Michelle, but I didn't know what appearance she meant. Thanks for the summary.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    More info about the Kween's recent activities here (see article & press release both dated June 22): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...77&postcount=4
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    People Inside: Michelle Kwan.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2..._06_02_99?fr=2

It was aired on July 2. Hope it works!
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    People Inside: Michelle Kwan.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2..._06_02_99?fr=2

It was aired on July 2. Hope it works!
    I watched about a half hour of the program until the buffering was making me crazy. I don't think I've ever seen such a long interview with Michelle or any skater for that matter. Considering the interviewer was not a native English speaker, it was remarkably well done. Very interesting to hear Michelle's perspective looking back on her Olympic experiences and comparisons to YuNa.

Will try watching the rest from work where I have a faster download.

Thanks for posting!

vCash
    I watched the Korean interview. Very long! Nothing too earth-shattering. It sounds like she's not in a defined job position yet as we would define it, but instead focused on her work with the Special Olympics and Council on Fitness. She alluded to her interest in foreign affairs and maybe someday in politics. She said she definitely wants to be married and have kids. Didn't indicate if she's seeing anyone and the interviewer didn't ask either.

As for skating again, Michelle spoke to Yuna about skating at the closing of the 2013 Special Olympics, and Yuna apparently indicated she would and hoped Michelle would too. Michelle said she hasn't been on the ice in a long time.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post

As for skating again, Michelle spoke to Yuna about skating at the closing of the 2013 Special Olympics, and Yuna apparently indicated she would and hoped Michelle would too.
    I always thought she was psychic.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I actually watched the whole interview. Surprised myself, because I was never an huge fan of Kwan the skater.

But Kwan the person is just lovely, a class act all the way.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I'll have to try watching again at a later date. The streaming is pretty slow, and I thought I had a pretty fast connection.

Thanks for all the input regarding what Michelle discussed. Japanfan, ITA - Michelle is definitely a class act.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    So much easier to just download and watch on demand...

vCash
    I just watched & it didn't buffer even once & the streaming was fine. Michelle was more articulate than I've ever seen her. It was really a nice interview. The interviewer asked good questions...she is really pretty BTW.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I managed to watch over half of the interview this time before it started buffering. Michelle looked great, and I loved the outfit she was wearing. Nice interview
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    I just saw Michelle's Cruise commercial. Brings back memories of that Will and Grace episode.

vCash
    Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Kwan was also on Fox News Sunday being interviewed by Chris Wallace. The topics seemed to be the same as those with Brennan. Other notes:

Her diction is much improved from competitive days though I still found her a bit guarded in her expression.

There was a clip the showed with her playing a field sport (I couldn’t tell which one) with a group of kids, and she had a very unguarded, free expression moment where she looked into the camera and said something like “I love winning!” I thought this was cute and an unusual “real” moment from her.

It was mentioned that she would consider a run for political office, saying that life in front of the judges was good preparation for all the public scrutiny.

She said that her life as a skater was a bit selfish because everyone was working for *her* benefit. And she enjoys her work now because she can work for the benefit of others.

And she looked great – very poised with good taste.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Kwan was also on Fox News Sunday being interviewed by Chris Wallace. The topics seemed to be the same as those with Brennan. Other notes:

Her diction is much improved from competitive days though I still found her a bit guarded in her expression.

There was a clip the showed with her playing a field sport (I couldn’t tell which one) with a group of kids, and she had a very unguarded, free expression moment where she looked into the camera and said something like “I love winning!” I thought this was cute and an unusual “real” moment from her.

It was mentioned that she would consider a run for political office, saying that life in front of the judges was good preparation for all the public scrutiny.

She said that her life as a skater was a bit selfish because everyone was working for *her* benefit. And she enjoys her work now because she can work for the benefit of others.

And she looked great – very poised with good taste.
    Thanks for sharing Snoopy!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks, Snoopy! For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, I found the video. ITA. She did look great:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/164798953...michelle-kwan/

Just editing. This is the wrong video. However, I've never seen this video before.

I think this is the correct video:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/176065446...ntcmp=obinsite
    Angie

vCash
    The Kween & Greg Lougainis are featured in a commecial for Royal Caribbean cruise line, shown during the Olympics on the NBC group of stations.

There seems to be some sort of contest, too, to win a spot on a cruise with the Kween and Lougainis. Anybody interested? (ha-ha) See here:

http://www.offradarcruisenews.com/20...-kwan-and.html

Diplomacy on the High Seas!
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 08-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    I remember being on MKF a few years ago, and if anyone so much as giggled at that Will and Grace MK "joke" they were dragged from here to kingdom come. Funny how things work out. Wonder what those same people who said MK was too good for something like that think now? Hmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast