Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    My favorite snark from another board:

Don't worry. In a couple of years he'll replace her with Maggie Gyllenhaal and pretend that nothing happened.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    That seems pretty low for someone who's already famous in her own right.
    That's what I'm thinking. Katie probably makes at least $1M per film.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    but that's only about 12 mil I mean not to sound like an a**hole, but that's not very much given how much Tom is worth

5 years with that crazy = Minimum 20 mil!
    I know I am not good at math but $1 million per year (rumored contract) = $5 million and the prenup says $3 million per year which = $15 million. $5 + $15 = $20 million...no?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    There have been a lot of rumors about Tom Cruise's marriages from anonymous sources, but the only person I know of who has been willing to go on record is Mimi Rogers. She said they divorced because he wouldn't have sex with her. Her exact quote was "he wanted to keep his instrument pure while I needed mine tuned", which is admittedly a little weird. I think that is where all the gossip about beards and contracts started. You can read lack of sex as either a cause or a symptom of a failed relationship. She did also say that there were other incompatibilities. She said she wasn't as ambitious as he was and wasn't interested in the superstar lifestyle. She was also the one who introduced him to his religion (is it Scientology or Christian Science?).
    Last edited by aliceanne; 06-30-2012 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    It's weird, because I'm not really hugely invested in either of them, but I actually feel extremely relieved for Katie. She seems like a nice girl and she never seemed very happy with Tom. And she always was fairly modest about the whole thing while he was off jumping on couches and being crazy.
    Me too. The "Free Katie!" movement has succeeded!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I remember when she was about to give birth and the Scientolgy folks were putting signs out asking for quiet. I hope Katie wasn't required to be quiet. I certainly know what I'd say to someone trying to shush me during contractions. It was at that point that I hoped that she had some input about the birth. It was also at that point that I hoped she would feel free to leave if the relationship wasn't working. I do feel sorry for both of them though.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    PeterG - in CA if you are in a marriage for more than 10 years, then in a divorce some of the rules are different than for marriages of less than 10 years. Tom asked for a divorce from Nicole right before the 10 year mark (I think 1 week before). I don't have a "link" to an article but these are all facts, not gossip about a pre-nup.

Of course, none of this is applicable here as Katie is the one who asked for a divorce, not Tom, and they haven't been married for anywhere close to 10 years either.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I remember when she was about to give birth and the Scientolgy folks were putting signs out asking for quiet. I hope Katie wasn't required to be quiet.
    Not only is a pregnant Scientologist woman told to be quiet during birth, she's told to be quiet for the entire pregnancy. Even sneezing during pregnancy is discouraged. It's all in Dianetics.

vCash
    There have been a lot of rumors about Tom Cruise's marriages from anonymous sources, but the only person I know of who has been willing to go on record is Mimi Rogers. She said they divorced because he wouldn't have sex with her. Her exact quote was "he wanted to keep his instrument pure while I needed mine tuned", which is admittedly a little weird. I think that is where all the gossip about beards and contracts started. You can read lack of sex as either a cause or a symptom of a failed relationship. She did also say that there were other incompatibilities. She said she wasn't as ambitious as he was and wasn't interested in the superstar lifestyle. She was also the one who introduced him to his religion (is it Scientology or Christian Science?).
    Tom sounds like a loony! He reminds me of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I know I am not good at math but $1 million per year (rumored contract) = $5 million and the prenup says $3 million per year which = $15 million. $5 + $15 = $20 million...no?

Ops! I misunderstood your other post, sorry BigB08822. Me so dumb

vCash
    According to AOL, Suri is now at the age when children are hooked up to a machine and told to speak of upsetting times in their life, this is suppose to cleanse them. Katie doesn't want Suri to go through this and that's why she filed for divorce, to get the Scientologists away from Suri.

vCash
    Tom and his church buddies know we're all looking to them for the answers. And you're either in or you're out

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/29/katie-...-divorce-suri/

Watch the whole video TMZ has posted and see how crazy he really is.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Tom sounds like a loony! He reminds me of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.
    Keeping his instrument pure was not Patrick Bateman's issue.

vCash
    I heard she filed in NY because NY is "fond" of granting sole custody with visitation vs joint custody.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I heard about a different contract, which was for them to get together officially - not a marriage prenup. $5 million, 5 years, one baby.
    Why does everyone keep referring to a five year contract? Suri was born six years ago April, and Tom and Katie got married six years ago this November.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Tom and his church buddies know we're all looking to them for the answers. And you're either in or you're out

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/29/katie-...-divorce-suri/

Watch the whole video TMZ has posted and see how crazy he really is.

C-R-A-Z-Y !!!

I'm sorry but there's no coming back from this video.

vCash
    That video has been in existence since 2008. Tom's still around, helping people at accidents, since he's the only one who knows how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Why does everyone keep referring to a five year contract? Suri was born six years ago April, and Tom and Katie got married six years ago this November.

But they were married five years when she filed for divorce, Suri was a surprise I'm sure and frankly, considering the reason (I read) Tom left Nicole, I'm surprised he and Katie even made it to the alter in the first place.

INTJ
    vCash
    I know some people with severe mental health/addictions issues that make more sense than Tom in that video. Run, Katie, run!

I'm not too familiar with scientology but is there likely to be any kind of backlash towards Katie and Suri if they leave? Is it "okay" to leave Scientology?
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Nooooooo. It is definitely not okay to leave Scientology. Considering all the Scientologists in Hollywood, she might face some backlash from that sector, but she's a smart girl and I am sure she's aware of that. If all the rumors that she is primarily doing this to get Suri the hell out are true, then I can hardly blame her for putting her daughter first. Definitely the right thing to do.

vCash
    Katie's career has been almost non existent since marrying Tom, leaving the church can't make it worse

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast