Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I always felt that we saw pictures of her or of Suri, or of her and Suri, but Tom was rarely around or she was rarely around him. I wonder how much Scientology interferes in their lives, and if she will keep that religion. Also wonder how quickly she will find a bf or new husband and/or have a child.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    It was pretty much a foregone conclusion once they hit five years that they were going to split up since her five year contract expired. It's not being happy for the disintegration of a loving couple. This played out exactly as just about everyone expected. Just about every blind item came to pass, so it was obvious that someone inside that camp (perhaps Katie herself?) was getting the word out. When I read that quote from Tom last week about being so happy with Katie, I knew it was a matter of time, because he said the exact same thing a week before he filed for divorce from Mimi Rogers. What a phony. I just hope Katie gets custody of Suri, which might not be in her contract.

Yeah, it seems like her contract is up. Oh well she got some publicity and $$$ for her hard work. I hope she doesn't leave her kid to Scientology though...

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    The real question is...how soon will they have him linked up with some other celebrity actress?
    This should be a VBET!!!!!

I'm picking Blake Lively as the new contract negotiator.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I didn't realize there was an actual contract
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    The real question is...how soon will they have him linked up with some other celebrity actress?
    I'll bet she'll be a cute young thing.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Me neither.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Somewhere, Pacey is very happy today.

vCash
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by overedge

But the rumours about what was in the pre-nup are true, maybe she has reached the end of her contract and didn't want to re-sign

Like Nicole Kidman. Like Mimi Rogers
    There was probably a "payout" scheduled if the marriage continued.
    Nicole Kidman had such an "arrangement" which is why their marriage ended when it did.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Me neither.
    Awww, you little girls are so cute. Here's a nickel, now you run along down to the candy store and buy yourselves a Photoplay and a couple of egg creams and don't forget to be back home before Ed Sullivan comes on.

The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    They never really struck me as happy, PeterG... From my completely outside perspective of course.
    Do you give medical advice, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I always thought Katie married Tom because it was good for his image and she would get lots of publicity towards her career. I never though they were happy in the sense true married people are happy - it was all fake and as many have pointed out the contract has expired!!
    Exactly how many dinner parties of theirs did you attend?

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    How's this....I am normally supremely indifferent to other people's marriages/divorces, and as I am even less interested in either Cruise or Holmes, .
    Of course you are! Which explains why you opened this thread and read through it. And then decided to write out a post about how much this topic is of no interest to you whatsoever!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Somewhere, Pacey is very happy today.
    Pacey was too good for Joey IMO

vCash
    I can't say I'm shocked, but I really do hope that they can settle things quickly and peacefully for Suri's sake.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Part of that contract should state how long the party will be married for (1 year, 3 years, 5 years)
    My wedding actually did include a part that said how long "the party" would remain married. The time frame we used was "until death".

I have no problem if others want to phrase it differently and pick a different timeframe. But it is absurd to think the contract doesn't already include this provision, every marriage I've witnessed has. Maybe civil marriages don't?

If this particular marriage was anything more than a short term contract, I'm sad for them that what they thought would work didn't, and I hope Suri is able to find a normal life, as much as a celebrity kid can.

vCash
    This is utterly shocking!! What in the world took her so long? And, do you think she will actually come out of her trance.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    What was in the prenup? I don't remember!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    The contract is a prenuptial agreement. I read that the prenup gave her $3million for every year she stayed married to him up to $33 million (11 years). If they stay married 11 years, the prenup expires and she gets 1/2 his $ under the community property laws.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I hope Suri is able to find a normal life, as much as a celebrity kid can.
    of course Suri doesn't have a normal life and never will.

Cruise's kids with Kidman had relatively normal-ish lives (although wealthy lives that probably didn't include a ton of "normal" going-to-the-mall-with-mom/dad), but the second Suri was born? Instant STAR with her own paparazzi!! Just like the the first Jolie-Pitt kid got way more exposure than any of Angelina's previously adopted kids had to that point (of course now her whole brood has its own celebrity status - the kids probably have agents just to deal with their fashion shoots )

Katie seems like a very devoted mom, and if she can keep Suri from being sucked into the Scientology void, I'm sure the Cruiselette will be just fine.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The contract is a prenuptial agreement. I read that the prenup gave her $3million for every year she stayed married to him up to $33 million (11 years). If they stay married 11 years, the prenup expires and she gets 1/2 his $ under the community property laws.
    Okay. I thought people were saying there was a Scientology contract. The pre-nup thing sounds like a normal Hollywood/rich folk thing.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Did Xenu give the ok for Tom to release her?

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Do you give medical advice, too?
    Nope. It's just a casual observation as I stated. Where's the fun in celebrity watching if you can't make judgements/observations based on whatever ends up in the media
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    This should be a VBET!!!!!

I'm picking Blake Lively as the new contract negotiator.
    Rumor mongors are picking Julianne Hough, but Blake seems just as likely to me.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast