Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Katie's clean escape from all this is really quite remarkable - it's almost a Hollywood script of its own.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Katie's clean escape from all this is really quite remarkable - it's almost a Hollywood script of its own.
    You're right. I don't think Hollywood would ever make it though, too many powerful Scientologists there.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    None of the potential spouses in Indian or Hassidic arranged marriages I've known were brought in under the pretext of a job or a "training video" or had to sign a secrecy agreement.
    Well...one or two of those marriages might have an eensy weensy problem of their own...

Or perhaps a molehile or a mountain appeared in this thread? Either/or.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Handy to have a divorce lawyer for a father.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Auditioning to be Tom's wife is really not any different than parents auditioning potential brides in cultures that practice arranged marriages.
    Yeah, and the cultures with forced marriages are also known for treating women like yesterday's garbage. Scientology is looking pretty retro in this instance.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Handy to have a divorce lawyer for a father.
    Sure, but on the other side is a man with unlimited amounts of money backed by an organization that is not afraid to bring all its resources to bear when threatened, or when their star representative is threatened.

This must've taken months of careful planning - phone calls, meetings, a team of lawyers at several firms, all on the sly. She even rented an apartment, and must've at least taken a few personal things of her own and Suri's with her. Considering how she was surrounded by Scientology bodyguards and servants on Tom's payroll, that's quite a feat. In addition, she's managed to keep a young child out of the drama and apparently living normally throughout.

Considering her high profile, for the whole thing to be kept under wraps for what's got to be months, and then to be over in a matter of days, is quite something.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132